The Motorola Moto G50 5G comes in as a very similar sequel to the previously released regular Moto G50. However, we do have a different processor, different storage / RAM variant, a slightly different camera and a slightly different camera module design. More on them later in the body of the article.
Where to Buy Moto G50 5G
Motorola Moto G50 5G Key Specs & Features
- 6.5 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 pixels,(~269 PPI), 90Hz Refresh Rate
- Android 11
- MediaTek Dimensity 700 5G (7 nm)
- 4GB RAM
- 128GB Built-in Storage, Supports SD-Card
- 48MP + 2MP + 2MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 13 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint (Rear)
- 5G Network
- Non-Removable 5000 mAh Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Motorola Moto G50 5G’s design is nearly an overall replica of the regular Moto G50 5G, as the only difference are in the colours and the camera module design.
Speaking of colours, the options, this Android smartphone comes in only Meteorite Grey, as opposed to its regular sibling which comes in Steel Gray and Aqua Green.
Inside of having all its rear cameras arranged in a vertical array as seen on its predecessor, here we have two cameras on a vertical line and one attached to the side. On the rear you will also find the motorola branding in the capacitive fingerprint sensor.
Moving upfront, you will find a 6.5-inches IPS LCD display with a drop notch. This display has a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels a density approx 269 PPI and a 90Hz refresh rate. Please do well to refer to the spec sheet for more info on the display specs.
The cameras on the Motorola Moto G50 5G may be similar to that of its regular sibling, but they aren’t the same in all round.
Where we have a 2MP macro camera on the G50 5G, the regular G50 features a 5MP macro camera on the rear. All other cameras are same.
Also on the rear, is a 48MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.7 and a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4. Video recording on this camera setup is capped at 1080p @ 60fps.
Upfront, we have a single 13MP camera with an aperture of f/2.0. Video recording on this camera is also capped at 1080p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
The Motorola moto G50 5G MediaTek Dimensity 700 5G processor, 4GB RAM / 128GB varaint makes up the substance differences it has with the regular G50, which hosts a Snapdragon 480 5G processor instead, as well as 4GB / 64GB and 4GB / 256GB varaint.
Both smartphones rock a non-removable 5000mAh Li-Po battery and also have charging capped at 15W.
On the software side, the Motorola Moto G50 5G runs its user interface ontop of the Android 11 operating system.
The Motorola Moto G50 5G features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port with OTG support. It also features low-energy Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, Wifi / hotspot.
Internet connectivity on this device is capped at 5G which means enthusiasts can utilize 5G connectivity for downloads, uploads, and streaming.
Motorola Moto G50 5G Price and Availability
Motorola Moto G50 5G price starts around $219 at leading retailers. This translates to about 121,393 Naira in Nigeria, 32,406 KSH in Kenya, and 1,782 GHC in Ghana.
The Motorola Moto G50 5G was announced and released for purchase on the 25th of August 2021
Motorola Moto G50 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Motorola Moto G50 5G:
- Platform: Android 11
- Processor: MediaTek MT6833 Dimensity 700 5G (7 nm), Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Meteorite Grey
- Dimension: 167 x 76.4 x 9.3 mm
- Weight: 206 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM or Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.5 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, ~80.5% screen-to-body ratio, ~269 PPI, 90Hz Refresh Rate,
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (Primary) PDAF + 5MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama,[email protected]/60fps
- Front Camera: 13 MP Camera, f/2.2, HDR, [email protected]/60fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 38, 40, 41, 42, 43, 66
- 5G: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: (Rear-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable 5000 mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: –