In the absence of the A03, the best way to describe the Samsung A03s would be as a successor to the Galaxy A02s, which was released in 2020. Despite still being in the low-budget category, the Galaxy A03s does offer an improved performance package mainly facilitated by its processor. More on that later in the article.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy A03s
Samsung Galaxy A03s Key Specs & Features
- 6.5 inches PLS TFT LCD Display, 720 x 1600 Pixels, (~270 PPI)
- Android 11, One UI 3.1 Core
- Octa-core Mediatek Helio P35 (12nm)
- 3GB / 4GB RAM
- 32GB / 64GB Built-in Storage up to 1TB SD-Card
- 13MP + 2MP + 2MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 5MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE Network
- Non-Removable 5000mAh Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Samsung Galaxy A03s design is basically the same as that of the A02s, Samsung basically didn’t flex its muscles, an event that has left us with a stalemate design.
Well having a repeated design didn’t really come as a surprise to me, which is due to the fact its a low-budget smartphone and Samsung is definitely trying to cut costs, to keep the price in a spot that is accessible to many.
Taking off with what we have on the rear, you will find a subtle rear cover with three which comes in three colour options that include black, blue and white.
On the rear, you will find a square camera module with round edges, housing three cameras, and an LED flash. beneath you will also find the Samsung branding, which indicates it’s a Samsung smartphone.
Upfront we have the same 6.5-inch display with a drop notch on the Samsung Galaxy A03s, this display is based on the PLS TFT IPS panel just as seen on the Galaxy A02s. This display has a resolution of 720 x 1600 Pixels and a density of ~270 PPI.
The cameras are yet another stalemate referencing the A02s. The cameras are basically the same as far as paper specs go.
On the rear, we have a 13MP primary camera with an aperture of f/2.2, a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4, and a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4. This setup is capable of recording videos up to 1080p @ 30fps.
Moving to the selfie side, we have the same single 5MP shooter with an aperture of f/2.2. Which is tucked away in the drop notch on the display.
Hardware and Software
The performance setup of the Samsung Galaxy A03s is lead by the MediaTek Helio P35 which has a 12nm process as opposed to the 14nm Snapdragon 450 processor on the A03s. This pretty much sums up what can be termed as a major upgrade.
Still, on the performance train, we have the PowerVR GE8320 GPU as opposed to the Adreno 506 as seen on its predecessor. What’s more, we have RAM 3GB / 4GB options, 32GB / 64Gb RAM options.
On the software side, we have the One UI 3.1 core user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Samsung Galaxy A03s features a 3.5mm headphone, a USB Type-C 2.0 Port, Bluetooth 5.0, Wifi / hotspot.
Internet connectivity is capped at 4G which means you won’t get 5G connectivity on this Android phone.
Samsung Galaxy A03s Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy A03s price starts at around $153 at leading online stores. The Galaxy A03s costs around 59,000 Naira in Nigeria, 14,199 KSH in Kenya, and 925 GHC in Ghana.
The Samsung Galaxy A03s was announced and released for purchase on the 18th of August 2021.
Samsung Galaxy A03s Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy A03s:
- Platform: Android 11, One UI 3.1 Core
- Processor: MediaTek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm) (4×2.35 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory: 3GB / 4GB
- Colours: Black, Blue. White
- Dimension: 164.2 x 75.9 x 9.1 mm
- Weight: 196 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.5-inches PLS TFT LCD, 720 x 1600 Pixels, ~81.8% screen-to-body ratio, ~270 PPI, 20:9 Aspect Ratio
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 13MP (Primary)AF f/2.2 + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4 +2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, [email protected]
- Front Camera: 5 MP Camera, f/2.2
- Built-in Storage: 32GB / 64GB
- Memory Card Support: Up to 1TB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (side-mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable 5000 mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: –