Nokia G22 delivers on durability, quality built and long-lasting battery life. Nokia has always been known for producing high-quality, durable smartphones. The Nokia G22, released in 2023, is no exception. This budget-friendly smartphone offers impressive features that make it a great option for anyone looking for a reliable device without breaking the bank.
Where to Buy Nokia G22
Jumia Nigeria – See Offers | Jumia Kenya – See Offers | Jumia Ghana – See Offers
Nokia G22 Key Specs and Features
- 6.5 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 pixels (~270 ppi density), ~81.1% screen-to-body ratio
- Android 12
- Unisoc T606 (12 nm) Octa Core Processor
- 4GB RAM
- 50 MP (wide) + 2 MP (macro) + 2 MP (depth) Triple Rear Camera
- 8 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side Mounted)
- 64GB, 128GB Built-in Storage
- 4G LTE
- 20W Fast Charging Capacity
- 5050 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
Nokia G22 features a sleek and durable design made 100% recycled plastic, from the back to the frame holding the rear to the screen. The high-gloss plastic cover means that it’s pretty lightweight in the hand, hence giving a good feel. The front of the device is made of Gorilla Glass 3 with slightly curved edges to make it more comfortably in the hand. This display has thin bezels on the sides and a thicker bezel on the top, which houses the front camera, earpiece, and other sensors.
On the back, the Nokia phone has a rectangular camera module that houses the triple-camera setup and an LED flash. The module is located at the top left corner of the device, and it has a silver ring beside it that gives it a premium look. The Nokia logo is placed at the center of the back panel.
The most remarkable feature of this design is that it can be easily repairable. Thanks to the central frame that all the components are mounted on the Nokia G22 can be easily opened to either replace the battery or screen.
The Nokia G22 has a 6.5-inches screen with 720 x 1600 pixels resolution and a 90Hz refresh rate hence, it provides sharp and vivid colors with good viewing angles. The device has a 20:9 aspect ratio, which makes it ideal for watching videos and playing games.
With the peak brightness of 500 nits this display is sure to provide a comfortable viewing experience in most lighting conditions. Furthermore, the Nokia G22 has 81.1% screen-to-body ratio, which means that the device’s display occupies a large portion of the front surface area, with thin bezels around it, thus, providing a more immersive viewing experience.
The camera still seems more or less the same as the year 2022 Nokia G21. It comes with a triple-camera setup on the back, which includes a 50-megapixel primary sensor, a 2-megapixel macro sensor, and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. There is also an LED flash located in the camera module. On the front, there’s a basic 8MP camera for selfies. Its aperture is f/2.0, and its focus is fixed.
The primary camera is based on the Samsung JN1 sensor. It has a 1/2.76″ type imager with small 0.64µm pixels and a Tetrapixel color filter array, which allows uses a 2×2 filter pattern that captures more light and produces sharper images with better color accuracy thus, resulting in 12.5 million 1.28µm pixels. The lens boasts an impressive f/1.8 aperture and a focal length of 25-27mm.
As for the macro, it is allows you to capture detailed and up-close shots of small objects while depth shooters, helps to produce portraits with bokeh effects by detecting the distance between the subject and the background. It allows you to capture photos with a blurred background, which can make the subject stand out and create a more professional-looking photo
Above all, the Nokia G22 can record videos at up to 1080p resolution at 30 frames per second (fps). This means that the device can capture videos with a Full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels at a standard frame rate of 30 fps.
Hardware and Software
The Nokia G22 is powered by the Unisoc T606 chipset, based on a 12nm manufacturing process. This is the same chipset we saw in last year’s G21 as well as the Nokia G11, the Nokia G11 Plus, and the Samsung Galaxy A03.
It is mid-range octa-core CPU features four ARM Cortex-A55 cores that are clocked at up to 1.6 GHz and two Cortex-A75 also clocked up to 1.6GHz. It also includes a Mali-G57 MP1 graphics processing unit (GPU) that operates at up to 650MHz. The processor is paired with 4GB of RAM and up to 128GB internal storage, which is expandable using the microSD card.
Nokia G22 also runs on Android 12 operating system. This OS offers several new features and improvement, making them more user-friendly and easier to manage.
As for the battery, the Nokia G22 has a 5,000 mAh cell that can charge at 20W. The company claims 3-day battery life on the device and is capable of 800 full charging cycles, meaning it will stay in good shape for longer. With the PD3.0 fast charging technology, you can easily charge your device to full life within 2 hour.
Nokia G22 Price and Availability
Nokia G22 price starts at $170 to $210 / € 179 / ₹ 16,500 /. The G22 price ranges from about ₦77,400 to ₦121,500 in Nigeria.
The smartphone was announced on February 2023 and was available for purchase starting in February 2023.
Nokia G22 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Nokia G22:
- Platform: Android 12
- Processor: Unisoc T606 (12 nm) Octa Core Processor (1.6 GHz dual-core Cortex-A75 and 1.6 GHz hexa-core Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MP1
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Lagoon Blue, Meteor Gray
- Dimension: 165 x 76.2 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 196.2 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.5 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 pixels (~270 ppi density), 90Hz Refresh Rate, 500 nits Brightness, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, ~81.1% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 50 MP (wide), f/1.8, PDAF + 2 MP (macro) + 2 MP (depth)
- Rear Camera Features: LED Flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected]
- Front Camera: 8 MP (wide), f/2.0 Camera, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 64GB, 128GB
- Memory Card Support: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C 2.0, OTG
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes FM radio, RDS
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: –
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (side mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 5050 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 20W Fast Charging Capacity