The Xiaomi Redmi 12C is the perfect answer for enthusiasts who desire a reliable and affordable Android smartphone that doesn’t go overboard. It is equipped with a 6.71-inch IPS LCD+ display, a MediaTek Helio G85 processor, and a 5,000 mAh battery. The Redmi 12C also has a dual 50MP+ 0.08 rear camera setup, a 5MP selfie camera, and a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Redmi 12C
Xiaomi Redmi 12C Key Specs and Features
- 6.71 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1650 pixels (~268 ppi density), ~82.6% screen-to-body ratio
- MIUI 13
- Mediatek MT6769Z Helio G85 (12nm) Octa Core Processor
- 4GB, 6GB RAM
- 50 MP (wide) + 0.08 MP (depth) Dual Rear Camera
- 5 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (rear mounted)
- 64GB, 128GB Built-in Storage
- 4G LTE
- 10W Fast Charging Capacity
- 5000 mAh Non removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
Xiaomi Redmi 12C has a simple yet modern design. It is light, slim and modest measuring a dimension of 168.8 x 76.4 x 8.8 mm and weighs 192 g. This budget level smartphone os made of glass front and plastic rear.
At the front is the 6.71-inch FHD+ display that spread across the panel measuring 82.6% screen-to-body ratio. This display has a waterdrop notch at the top for the front-facing camera with relatively slim bezels around the screen which makes the phone look more modern and appealing.
The back of Redmi 12C is made of plastic that comes in four colors: Black, Blue, Mint, and Violet. The camera module is located at the top left corner of the phone. The module houses a dual-camera setup, and LED flash. There is also the fingerprint sensor integrated into the camera module.
Furthermore, on the right side of the phone sits the power button and volume rocker, while on the left side is the SIM card and microSD card tray. The bottom of the phone has a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port, and a speaker grille.
The Xiaomi Redmi 12C sports a similar display processor, camera and battery capacity as the Xiaomi Poco C55. It sports a 6.71-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 720 x 1650 pixels that results to 268 pixels per inch (PPI). The display has a 19.5:9 aspect ratio and a waterdrop-style notch at the top, which houses the front-facing camera.
Redmi 12C also has 500 nits that helps to produce vivid and clear images even in bright sunlight or outdoor conditions. It is also suitable for HDR content and gaming to provide a high level of contrast and detail.
Xiaomi Redmi 12C comes with a dual rear camera which consist of a 50-megapixel primary sensor with a wide-angle lens and PDAF (phase detection autofocus), along with a 0.08-megapixel depth sensor.
The 50-megapixel primary sensor is capable of capturing high-resolution images with a lot of detail and sharpness. The wide-angle lens also allow for a wider field of view, making it easier to capture larger scenes or group shots. With the PDAF technology, the Redmi 12C camera focus quickly and accurately, ensuring that your images are in focus even in challenging lighting conditions.
In addition, the Xiaomi Redmi 12C 0.08-megapixel depth sensor assist with creating portrait-mode effects or bokeh in your photos. It works by measuring the distance between the subject and the background, allowing the camera to create a shallow depth-of-field effect that blurs the background and makes the subject stand out more.
On the front is the 5-megapixel selfie camera that is capable of capturing images with a resolution of 5 million pixels. This camera is able to capture selfies with sufficient detail and clarity, and it come with additional features such as beauty modes, filters, and portrait mode effects to enhance your photos.
Hardware and Software
The Xiaomi Redmi 12C is equipped with the powerful Mediatek MT6769Z Helio G85 processor for optimized performance and efficient battery life. This means you are getting the same processor found in models like the Infinix Hot 20, the Poco C55, and the Tecno Spark 9 Pro.
The octa-core processor comprises two Cortex-A75 cores clocked at 2.0GHz and six Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 1.8GHz. It is also accompanied by an ARM Mali-G52 MC2 GPU clocked at 1GHz for superior gaming and graphics-intensive tasks.
Additionally, the affordable android phone supports dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, and 4G LTE for connectivity. It also offers 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage that can be expanded via micro SD card.
Furthermore, the Xiaomi Redmi 12C runs on MIUI 13, Xiaomi’s custom Android skin based on Android 12, providing improved performance optimizations for an enhanced user experience. To top it off, the device is powered by a Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable battery with a 10Watt in-box charge for extended battery life.
Xiaomi Redmi 12C Price and Availability
Xiaomi Redmi 12C price starts at $139 / ₹8,390 at leading online stores. The Redmi 12C price starts at ₦85,500 in Nigeria and 14,600 KES in Kenya.
The Xiaomi phone was announced on December 2022 and was available for purchase in January 2023.
Xiaomi Redmi 12C Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Redmi 12C:
- Platform: MIUI 13
- Processor: Mediatek MT6769Z Helio G85 (12nm) Octa Core Processor (2.0 GHz dual-core Cortex-A75 and 1.8 GHz hexa-core Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2
- Memory: 4GB, 6GB RAM
- Colours: Black, Blue, Mint, Violet
- Dimension: 168.8 x 76.4 x 8.8 mm
- Weight: 192 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.71 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1650 pixels (~268 ppi density), 500 nits Brightness, ~82.6% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: –
- Rear Camera: 50 MP (wide), PDAF + 0.08 MP (depth) Dual Camera
- Rear Camera Features: LED Flash, HDR, 1080p@30fps
- Front Camera: 5 MP Camera, 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 64GB, 128GB
- Memory Card Support: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: CDMA 800
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: LTE Bands 1, 3, 5, 8, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes, but not in all countries and regions
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, microUSB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: –
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (rear mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 5000 mAh Non removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 10W Charging Capacity