Galaxy Note 3 is the third generation of Samsung’s line of business and productivity focused smart phones with extra-large screen (a.k.a Phablet). Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes with a bigger display, faster processors and ships with the relatively new Android 4.3 (still Jelly Bean). Like was the case with Samsung Galaxy Note 2, the Galaxy Note 3 comes with an S-Pen Stylus. You may also be interested in the Samsung Galaxy Note 7.
Where to Buy Samsung Phones
A High Performance Smartphone
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is built to perform spotting faster processors with newer and more refined software. It comes with a 2.3GHz quad core processor with 3GB RAM. However, the model that is more likely to be available in Nigeria will feature Octa-core processor. This will consist of a 1.3GHz quad-core processor and a 1.9GHz quad-core processor.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes with Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) with some cool Samsung software features like Air Gesture for navigating content without actually touching the screen. The S-Voice feature enables you dictate emails and memos to your phone as well as give commands.
With the included S-Pen, you can easily take notes as well as sketch on your phone. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 also bundles editor for MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and PDF, making it easy for you to create and read documents. You also get 50GB free Dropbox cloud storage.
Display and Camera
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 spots a brilliant 5.7-inch Super AMOLED display with 1080p HD resolution. This is much better than the 5.5-inch 720p HD display on Galaxy Note 2. The camera has also been upgraded from 8 MP on Note2 to a 13 megapixel camera with impressive 2160p ultra HD 4k Video recording.
The Camera comes with the usual bell and whistles like LED Flash, HDR, face detection, smile detection, autofocus, and simultaneous image and video recording. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 also features a 2 megapixels front facing camera with 1080p HD video.
You may also be interested in New Samsung Phones.
Pricing and Availability
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is now available in Nigeria at least at Konga Online store. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 price in Nigeria ranges from N93,000 to 135,000 Naira depending on your location in the country and built-in storage or other bundled accessories.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will be available as GT-N9002 (dual-SIM model), GT-N9005 (single SIM 4G LTE model), and GT-N9000 (single SIM 3G model). All models will not be available in your country.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Galaxy Note 3:
- Operating System: Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean)
- Processor: 2.3 GHz Quad-Core Processor or 1.3 GHz quad-core & 1.9 GHz quad-core Processors
- Separate GPU
- 3GB RAM
- Display: 5.7-inch Super AMOLED 1080p HD Display (386 ppi)
- Rear Camera: 13 MP Camera with 2160p Ultra HD Video
- Rear Camera Features: LED Flash, Dual-Shot, HDR, face detection, smile detection, autofocus, and simultaneous image and video recording, Panorama, Image & Video stabilization
- Front Camera: 2 MP Camera with 1080p Video (Video Calling)
- Built-in Storage: 32GB / 64GB built-in storage (depends on model)
- SIM Type: Micro SIM
- Dual-SIM, Dual Standby (Optional)
- S-Pen Stylus
- Weight: 168 g
- Dimensions: 151.2 x 79.2 x 8.3 mm
- Colour: Black, White, Pink
- up to 64GB microSD memory
- Dropbox cloud storage (50 GB Free)
- S-Voice (Intelligent Personal Assistant)
- GSM Quad-band (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
- 3G/3.5G (UMTS/HSUPA/HSDPA) 850, 900, 1900, 2100MHz
- LTE (in some regions model N9005)
- Accelerometer, digital compass, proximity, Barometer
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Bluetooth 4.0 with LE, A2DP, EDR
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Wi-Fi Hotspot feature
- unlimited contacts phonebook
- Document viewer/editor
- Facebook, Twitter
- image/video editor
- Navigation with Google Maps, GPS, A-GPS
- Google Search, Gmail, Google Maps, Google Talk, YouTube, Picasa
- email/push email/IM
- Music player (MP3, WAV, eAAC+, Fac)
- Video player (MP4, WMA, 3GPP)
- WAP 2.0/XHTML/HTML Browser
- Battery capacity: 3200 mAh
- Talktime: ? (3G)
- Standby time: ? hours (3G)