Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 is the third generation of Sammy’s entry mid-range smartphone. Galaxy Ace 3 offers a larger display, faster processors, faster internet, and the newer Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) OS with optional 4G LTE or dual-SIM support. The 3rd generation Ace also comes with a bigger battery, which could offer more battery life.
Hardware & Software
The third generation Galaxy Ace will be introducing Jelly Bean as it will be the first Galaxy Ace to ship with any variations of the Jelly Bean. Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 will be running Android 4.2 on a 1GHz dual-core processor or a 1.2GHz dual-core processor on 1GB of RAM. The 1.2GHz dual-core CPU will be exclusive to 4G LTE models.
A Broadcom VideoCore IV GPU runs the graphics. Overall, the Galaxy Ace 3 should offer a decent performance.
Display & Camera
Samsung Galaxy Ace’s display has been increased from 3.8-inch in the second generation to 4.0-inch in the 3rd. This means more real estate for gaming, reading, photos, video, and all round excitement. The resolution remains the same at 480 x 800 pixels. The camera seems the same as the Galaxy Ace 2 looking at the raw specs, but no doubt Samsung must have fine tuned it internally for better photos and videos.
Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 features a 5 megapixels camera with 720p HD video recording, autofocus, and LED flash. A front facing VGA camera is also available.
Super-fast Internet & Bluetooth 4.0
Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 offers faster internet with HSPA+ offering download speeds of up to 42.2Mbps. There is also a 4G LTE model that offers download speed of up to 150Mbps. In the absence of 3G and 4G LTE, the Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 will downgrade to GPRS/EDGE.
The phone also boasts of Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, and Wi-Fi hotspot.
Pricing & Availability
Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 is not available in Nigeria. We currently have no information on pricing and availability in Nigeria, but based on our pricing intelligence, we expect the starting price for the Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 to range from N35,000 to N45,000.
Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 will be available as GT-S7272 (dual-SIM model), GT-S7275 (single SIM 4G LTE model), and GT-S7270 (single SIM 3G model). All models will not be available in your country.
Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Galaxy Ace 3:
- Operating System: Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Processor: 1 GHz Dual-Core Processor or 1.2 GHz dual-core Processors
- Separate GPU
- 1GB RAM
- Display: 4.0-inch TFT 480 x 800 Pixels Display (233 ppi)
- Rear Camera: 5 MP Camera with 720p HD Video
- Rear Camera Features: LED Flash, face detection, smile detection, autofocus, geo-tagging
- Front Camera: VGA Camera
- Built-in Storage: 4GB / 8GB (4G LTE) built-in storage (depends on model)
- SIM Type: Mini SIM
- Dual-SIM, Dual Standby (Optional)
- Weight: 115 g or 119.5 g
- Dimensions: 121.2 x 62.7 x 9.8 mm
- Colour: Black, White, Dark Red
- NFC (4G LTE Models)
- up to 64GB microSD memory
- GSM Quad-band (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
- 3G/3.5G (UMTS/HSUPA/HSDPA) 850, 900, 1900, 2100MHz
- 4G LTE (in some regions model S7275)
- Accelerometer, digital compass, proximity
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot feature
- unlimited contacts phonebook
- Document viewer/editor
- Facebook, Twitter
- image/video editor
- Navigation with Google Maps, GPS, A-GPS
- Google Search, Gmail, Google Maps, Google Talk, YouTube, Picasa
- email/push email/IM
- Music player (MP3, WAV, eAAC+, Fac)
- Video player (MP4, WMA, 3GPP)
- WAP 2.0/XHTML/HTML Browser
- Battery capacity: 1500 mAh or 1800mAh (4G LTE)
- Talktime: 8 hours (3G)
- Standby time: 370 hours (3G)