Lenovo Vibe X3 is the successor to the Vibe X2 from 2014, recently unveiled in time for the holidays. The new device adopts a more attractive, rounded design and features a huge Full HD display, powerful pair of cameras, a fingerprint scanner, a six-core Qualcomm processor and 4G LTE support.
Design and Display
Featuring a premium all-metal design, Lenovo Vibe X3 is one appealing smartphone you will love to show off to your friends. It marks a significant departure from its predecessor in terms of appearance. Gone are the rather sharp corners of the Lenovo Vibe X2 which have been replaced with a more rounded feel.
The handset crams in a massive 5.5-inch IPS display with Full HD (1080p) resolution and 401ppi pixel density for breathtaking viewing. The screen is protected by scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
The Lenovo Vibe X3 impresses greatly with what it offers in the camera department. On the rear, a very robust 21-megapixel rear facing camera can be seen. The Sony shooter features f/2.0 aperture, dual-tone dual-LED flash and super-fast phase detection autofocus for awesome image-capturing capability.
Lenovo Vibe X3 can be used to shoot stunning 4K (3840 x 2160 pixels) videos. For breathtaking selfies, you also get an amazing 8-megapixel front-facing snapper.
Hardware and Operating System
Under the hood, Lenovo Vibe X3 is armed with a hexa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor and ample 4 GB of RAM for powerful performance and enjoyable multitasking. Buyers get generous onboard storage of 32 GB or 64 GB, which can also be extended by additional 128 GB using a microSD card.
The phablet will run on Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system with Lenovo’s Vibe UI skin on top.
Power will be supplied by an impressively large 3600mAh battery, which is expected to deliver up to an amazing 31 hours of talk time and supports Qualcomm’s QuickCharge 2.0 fast charging technology.
Lenovo Vibe X3 supports 4G connectivity for blazing fast mobile data speeds. It sports a fingerprint scanner on the rear for biometric authentication.
The phone comes with dual SIM slots and is decked out for superb sound with features such as Dolby Atmos, Cirrus Logic technology for noise and echo cancellation, and three Texas Instruments amplifiers.
Pricing & Availability
Lenovo Vibe X3 is not yet available in Nigeria. When available, you can buy it at leading online stores in Nigeria. Lenovo Vibe X3 price in Nigeria is expected to range from N85,500 to N145,000 depending on your location in the country.
Lenovo Vibe X3 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Lenovo Vibe X3:
- Platform: Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- Processor: Hexacore Processor:- 1.2GHz quad-core and 1.8GHz dual core Processors (Qualcomm Snapdragon 808)
- GPU: Adreno 418
- Memory: 3GB RAM
- Colours: Black, White
- Dimension: 154 x 76.5 x 9.3 mm
- Weight: –
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM, dual stand-by
- Display: 5.5-inch IPS Touch Display, 1080 x 1920 pixels (401 ppi)
- Display Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Rear Camera: 21MP Camera, 2160p ultra HD Video
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, dual-LED Flash, Phase Detection, Face Detection, Panorama, HDR
- Front Camera: 8MP Camera
- Built-in Storage: 32GB or 64GB
- Memory Card Support: up to 128GB (uses SIM 2 Slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes, 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 4.1, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes USB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Video Player: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS
- Maps: –
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes
- Iris Scanner: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: No
- Battery: 3600 mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Battery Charging: QuickCharge 2.0 (Charge to 60% in 30 minutes)