Recently announced alongside the Galaxy J5 (2016), the Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) is a nice smartphone for users who want better performance than the other device has to offer. The refreshed device comes with a bigger Super AMOLED display, a more powerful octa-core processor, more RAM and slightly higher capacity battery.
Build and Screen
Although parading a plastic chassis, the Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) is a good-looking phone, and more so than its predecessor. Its durability is enhanced with a metal frame.
While it is larger, this handset is a bit slimmer than the Galaxy J5 (2016), but weighs in at 170 grams.
Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) crams in a 5.5-inch Super AMOLED display with a Full HD resolution of 1,920 x 1,080 pixels – a significant improvement over the HD (720p) resolution of last year’s model.
Camera and Storage
The Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) is similarly decked out in the camera department as its new J Series brother.
It has selfie takers well covered with a 5-megapixel front-facing snapper boasting LED flash for great lowlight selfies.
You also get a 13-megapixel rear-facing snapper with an f/1.9 wide aperture. Onboard storage capacity is also 16 GB, expandable using a microSD card.
Performance and OS
This one is built to offer more powerful performance with an improved octa-core CPU zipping along at speeds of up to 1.6 GHz under the hood.
The name of the processor has yet to be revealed, but it is suspected to be the recently-announced Samsung Exynos 7870.
The respectable CPU is supported by ample 3 GB of RAM for impressive responsiveness. The Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) will likely boot Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system, probably upgradeable to 6.0 Marshmallow.
The Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) will have juice supplied to it by a powerful 3,300mAh battery which looks like one to support long hours of use. It will be made available in single-SIM and dual-SIM variants.
The phablet supports ultra-fast 4G LTE connectivity. You also get Bluetooth 4.1, NFC and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n with Wi-Fi Direct and hotspot among available connectivity options.
Pricing and Availability
Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) is not yet available in Nigeria. When available, you can buy it at leading online stores in the country. Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) Price in Nigeria is expected to range from N42,000 to N60,000 depending on your location in Nigeria.
Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016):
- Platform: Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- Processor: ARM Cortex-A53, Octa-core 1.6GHz (Samsung Exynos 7 Octa 7870)
- GPU: Arm Mali-T830
- Memory: 3GB RAM
- Colours: Rose-gold, White, Gold
- Dimension: 151.7 x 76 x 7.8 mm
- Weight: 170 g
- SIM Type: Micro-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 5.5-inch Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 1920 pixels (401 ppi)
- Display Protection: –
- Rear Camera: 13MP Camera, HD Video 1080p @30fps
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus,Dual-LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama, HDR
- Front Camera: 5MP Camera
- Built-in Storage: 16GB
- Memory Card Support: MicroSD
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes, up to 42.2 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes, up to 150 Mbps
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 4.1, A2DP, AV2DP, AVRCP, DIP, HFP, HID
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes USB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/Flac player
- Video Player: Xvid/MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Maps: –
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: No
- Fingerprint Scanner: No
- Iris Scanner: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: No
- Battery: Li-Ion 3300 mAh battery (Removable)
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: Up to 354 hours