Samsung Galaxy A13 (a.k.a. Galaxy A13 4G) is the direct successor of one of Samsung’s most popular phone, the Galaxy A12, and with the specs we see it is quite poised to be popular in the marketplace. If you are looking for a smartphone that strikes the right balance between features, performance, and affordability, this Galaxy phone is a good choice. Samsung Galaxy A13 features a brilliant 6.6-inch display, an impressive 50MP quad camera, and a 5000 mAh battery.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy A13
Samsung Galaxy A13 Key Specs and Features
- 6.6 inches PLS LCD Display, 1080 x 2408 pixels (~400 ppi density)
- Android 12, One UI 4.1
- Exynos 850 (8nm) Octa Core Processor
- Mediatek MT6769V/CU Helio G80 (12 nm) [Samsung Galaxy A13 (SM-A137)]
- 3GB, 4GB, 6GB RAM
- 50 MP + 5 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP Quad Rear Camera
- 8 MP Front Camera
- 32GB, 64GB, 128GB Built-in Storage
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side Mounted)
- 4G LTE
- 15W Fast Charging
- 5000 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
Samsung Galaxy A13 offers a stylish design. I have to say it beats the Galaxy A12 in looks. The design is also a bit different especially on the back with three of the rear cameras aligned vertically in one column and the fourth camera and the LED flash aligned vertically in another column.
Available in Black, Peach, Blue, and White, this affordable android phone has a side mounted fingerprint sensor and a V-shaped notch for the front camera.
Upfront, you get a 6.5-inch PLS display, which is the same size as the Galaxy A12 and Galaxy A12 Nacho. However, its 1080 x 2408 pixels resolution beats the 720 x 1600 pixels provided for the A12 series. This means this display will be great for browsing the web and watching movies.
Samsung Galaxy A13 retains the same four camera setup as its predecessor, but with some upgrades for better photography. So, get ready to capture all those memories with this affordable android smartphone.
On the rear camera, you get a 50 megapixels wide-angle primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8 and phase detection autofocus (PDAF). The camera is supported by a 5 megapixels ultrawide camera with an f/2.2 aperture and 123˚ FoV, a 2 megapixels macro camera an f2.4 aperture, and a 2 megapixels depth camera with an f/2.4 aperture.
Moving to the front, you get an 8 megapixels wide-angle selfie shooter with an aperture of f/2.2. Both cameras can handle full HD video recording.
Hardware and Software
Samsung Galaxy A13 is powered by a Exynos 850 Octa-core (8nm) chipset. The CPU is built on a dual-cluster architecture with two Cortex-A55 quad-core processors clocked at 2.0GHz respectively. Graphics is handled by a Mali-G52 GPU.
There is a more recent model marketed as the Samsung Galaxy A13 (SM-A137) which shares most of the same features except for the Mediatek MT6769V/CU Helio G80 (12 nm) octa-core chipset.
Like its predecessor, the Samsung Galaxy A13 also offers three memory options. You can pick a model with 3GB, 4GB, or 6GB RAM. Similarly, you also have three options for storage: 32GB, 64GB or 128GB. The phone gets juice from a 5000 mAh non-removable battery with 15W fast charging capacity.
On the software side, the Galaxy A13 runs on Android 12 with One UI 4.1.
This android phone features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port (USB 2.0), Bluetooth 5.0, and dual-band WiFi.
Samsung Galaxy A13 Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy A13 price in Nigeria starts at around 115,000 Naira. You can buy the smartphone for around $143.99 on Amazon and other leading online stores. The Galaxy A13 price starts at around 20,099 KES in Kenya, 2,791 GHC in Ghana, and 6,120 EGP in Egypt.
The Galaxy A13 was announced on March 4 2022 and was available for purchase as from March 23 2022.
Galaxy A13 vs Galaxy A13 (SM-A137)
The two models share the same features. You get exactly the same display and camera. The size and weight are also the same. They are also both available in Black, White, and Blue. However, the A13 also adds Peach as an option.
The major difference is on the chipset available. While the A13 features a Exynos 850 Octa-core (8nm) chipset, the A13 (SM-A137) offers a Mediatek MT6769V/CU Helio G80 (12 nm) octa-core chipset.
The Samsung Galaxy A13 (SM-A137) also features an upgraded Bluetooth with Bluetooth 5.2 compared to Bluetooth 5.0 is the earlier model.
Samsung Galaxy A13 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy A13:
- Platform: Android 12, One UI 4.1
- Processor: Exynos 850 (8nm) Octa Core Processor (2.0 GHz quad-core Cortex-A55 and 2.0 GHz quad-core Cortex-A55) or Mediatek MT6769V/CU Helio G80 (12 nm) (2.0 GHz dual-core Cortex-A75 and 1.8 GHz hexa-core Cortex-A55) (SM-A137)
- GPU: Mali-G52
- Memory: 3GB, 4GB, 6GB RAM
- Colours: Black, White, Peach, Blue
- Dimension: 165.1 x 76.4 x 8.8 mm
- Weight: 195 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Single/ Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.6 inches PLS LCD Display, 1080 x 2408 pixels (~400 ppi density), ~83.2% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: Yes (Glass)
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 50 MP (wide), f/1.8 + 5 MP (ultrawide), f/2.2, 123˚ FoV + 2 MP (macro), f/2.4 + 2 MP (depth), f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR, PDAF, 1080p@30fps
- Front Camera: 8 MP (wide), f/2.2 Camera, 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB
- Memory Card Support: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM only)
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes, HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE-A
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE or Bluetooth 5.2 (Galaxy A13 (SM-A137))
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 5000 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 15W Fast Charging Capacity