The ThinkPad X380 Yoga is a great convertible 2-in-1 PC from Lenovo’s ThinkPad line of tough, sturdily designed notebooks with solid performance. The X380 Yoga is perfect for use as a business laptop, or for students and professionals. It also comes at a reasonably affordable price when compared to other rival notebooks that sport (almost) equal specifications and configurations.
Where to Buy Lenovo ThinkPad X380 Yoga
Lenovo ThinkPad X380 Yoga Key Specs & Features
- Windows 10 Pro
- 16GB,8GB,4GB DDR4
- 13.3” FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS touch
- ThinkPad Pen Pro
- USB 3.0
- Intel® UHD 620
- Fingerprint reader
The 13.3-inch portable PC also doubles as an alternative and an cheaper alternative of the Lenovo X1 Yoga and X1 Carbon from the X series of slim notebooks. With solid chassis, uniquely constructed retractable keyboard keys, rechargeable stylus pen with dedicated in-chassis holder/port, and top-notch performance, the ThinkPad X380 Yoga is a good choice if you are looking to make a purchase from Lenovo’s raft of convertible portable laptops.
Lenovo ThinkPad X380 Yoga Key Specifications
- Display — 13.3-inch 1,920 x 1,080 (FHD) IPS touchscreen
- Dimension — 12.3 x 8.75 x 0.70 inches (313.5 x 222.2 x 18.2 mm)
- Camera — Front-facing 720p, IR camera (optional)
- Processor — 8th Gen Quad-core Intel Core i5-8250U OR Intel Core i7-8550U CPU
- Graphics — Intel UHD Graphics 620
- RAM — 8GB DDR4-2400MHz
- Storage — 256GB or 512GB PCIe M.2 SSD
- Ports — Two USB-A 3.1, 1 x Thunderbolt 3, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Mini RJ45 Ethernet, 1x microSD card reader, 1 x 3.5mm audio jack, 1 x SIM card slot (optional)
- Connectivity — Wireless Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-82658 02.11ac (2 x 2), Bluetooth 4.1
- Battery — 51Wh
- Others — Fingerprint reader, ThinkPad Pen Pro Stylus, Retractable keys on keyboard,
The aesthetic of the X380 Yoga is nothing special and almost everything you’d expect to see on the regular Lenovo Thinkpad — boring but tough, durable and well-built chassis and a lot of ports. The hinge even further spices things up by allowing 360° rotation of the top lid housing the device’s display. You can, therefore, use the ThinkPad X380 normally as a laptop, in stand mode, or as a tent. You can also — easily and conveniently — fold the device into a tablet. Close to the keyboard, on the bottom right corner of the bottom chassis, is a fingerprint reader for biometric verification and log in.
When the Lenovo ThinkPad X380 Yoga is folded into any of the above-mentioned modes, the keys on the keyboard retract into the bottom chassis and locks them to prevent accident key presses.
Lenovo’s ThinkPads aren’t exactly the notebooks to be lacking in the aspects of ports; the sides of the notebook are filled with them. On the left-hand side, the PC’s DC power jack, a Thunderbolt 3 port (doubles as a secondary charging port), USB-A, and a mini-Ethernet port are housed.
The right-hand side houses more ports than the left: a HDMI port, one USB-A, a microSD card slot, one USB 3.0 port, a 3.5mm audio jack, Kensington lock slot, and a (optional) SIM card slot.
The X380 Yoga comes with a ThinkPad Pen Pro Stylus that sits comfortably in-chassis on the right-hand side in the dedicated slot created for it. The stylus charges when housed in the slot and helps reduce the chances of misplacing the accessory when not in use.
A 13.3-inch FHD (1,920 x 1,080) touchscreen display handles colours reproduction and contrast well enough. At 308 nits of brightness, the ThinkPad X380 Yoga’s isn’t the best in its class but will perform averagely and give the necessary level of brightness in high and low light conditions. With the 2,048 pressure sensitivity of the ThinkPad Pen Pro stylus, writing and drawing on the display should be spot-on.
Processor & Storage options
In the aspect of processor, storage, and operating system, the Lenovo ThinkPad X380 Yoga comes in three (3) models:
- Model 1 — comes with Intel Core i5-8250U CPU, 8GB RAM, 128GB SATA3 M.2 2280 SSD and runs Windows 10 Home out of the box.
- Model 2 — Intel Core i5-8250U CPU, Windows 10 Pro, 8GB RAM, and 256GB PCIe SSD.
- Model 3 — Intel Core i7-8550U CPU, Windows 10 Pro, Intel UHD Graphics 620, 8GB RAM, 512GB PCIe SSD
All available models all have 13.3-inch and have graphics powered by Intel’s UHD Graphics 620 GPU.
Depending on the storage configuration and colour option you choose to purchase, the price thr Lenovo ThinkPad X380 vary.
The Black colour option of Model 1 (see above) costs about $1,400 while the Silver colour will cost $30 more.
The Model 2 with Windows 10 Pro and Core-i5 CPU sells for about $1,500 while the Model 3 with Core-i7 CPU and 512GB SSD has a retail price around $1,800.
Lenovo Thinkpad X380 Yoga Specs
Here are a few specs of the Lenovo Thinkpad X380 Yoga:
- OS: Up to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i7, Intel Core i5
- GPU: Intel® UHD 620
- Memory: 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz (with Intel 8th Gen CPU), 8 GB DDR4 2400 MHz, 4 GB DDR4 2400 MHz
- Colours: Black, Silver
- Dimension: 313.5 x 222.2 x 18.2 mm
- Weight: 1.4 kg
Display & Keyboard
- Display: 13.3-inch, FHD IPS Touch, 1920 x 1080
- Keyboard: –
- Pointing Device: –
- Built-in Storage: Up to 1TB, 512 GB , 256 GB, 128 GB
- Optical Storage: –
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
Ports & Connectivity
- Webcam: Yes
- USB Ports: Yes,USB 3.0
- HDMI: Yes
- Thunderbolt Ports: Yes
- DisplayPort: –
- VGA: –
- Ethernet (RJ-45): –
- SD Slot: –
- Mic/Headphone: –
- WLAN: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.2
- NFC: –
- Docking Connector: –
- Mobile Broadband: –
- Thunderbolt 3
- mini RJ45
- audio combo jack
- Fingerprint reader
- 4-in-1 card reader
- Kensington Lock
- Infrared (IR) camera
- Premium Audio
- Battery: 51 Whr
- Use Time: up to 13.6 hours