From software on our phones (such as Apple’s Siri) to assistants like Google Home, Artificial intelligence is steadily becoming a normal part of our everyday lives. And then there are all the headlines in the news, claiming AI will gradually take over our jobs (and perhaps the world).
With all these stories, it’s difficult to separate fact from fiction, which is why a new infographic, Rise of the Machines, aims to set the record straight and stop us from panicking. Yes, it’s true that AI can beat humanity at its own game, but it’s often to our advantage rather than our detriment.
For example, AI can:
- Complete monotonous tasks quickly and accurately
- Improve security, since it can’t be bribed or blackmailed
- Remember details we might forget
Using AI essentially eliminates human error. Critics argue that AI lacks the creativity and compassion which separates us from machines.
However, this is partly because general AI – the type of artificial intelligence that can use its past experience to complete new tasks – is currently out of reach. If it’s ever fully created, general AI will be able to adapt, just like the human brain.
Read the infographic for a full history of AI and suggestions about where it could be heading next.
- 5 Ways AI will change eCommerce
- Top 5 AI-driven M-Commerce Trends
- Using Machine Learning to Boost Business Development
- Key to Successful Online Retail Business in Nigeria
- Challenges to Online Shopping in Nigeria
- Building a Worthy Online Retail Business in Nigeria
- Online Stores in Nigeria