The Samsung Galaxy A20s is part of the mid-range smartphone that was announced by Samsung in September, 2019. The smartphone comes with a triple rear camera, good storage coupled with RAM and it’s also equipped with massive battery capacity. Furthermore, it managed to squeeze out a fingerprint scanner and it has a waterdrop notch that offers a large screen display size similar to the Galaxy A20.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy A20s
Samsung Galaxy A20s Key Specs & Features
- 6.5 inch IPS Display, 720 x 1560 pixels (264 ppi)
- Android 9.0 Pie
- 1.8GHz Octa-core Qualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450
- 3GB RAM / 4GB RAM
- 32GB / 64GB Built-in Storage, expandable via micro SDcard (up to 512GB)
- 13 MP + 8 MP + 5 MP Rear Camera and 8 MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE Network
- Fingerprint Scanner (Rear Mounted)
- 4000 mAh Li-Po Non removable Battery
Design And Display
The Samsung Galaxy A20s is a budget device that is built with all plastic on the back. The front side is where you will get a glass which is still not that bad considering the price.
It has body dimensions of 163.3 x 77.5 x 8 mm and weight 183 grams. The Galaxy A20s panel house the triple camera on the back with an LED flash and also a fingerprint scanner.
The waterdrop notch on the front offers a large screen display size of 6.5 inches with IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen. It has a resolution of 720 x 1560 pixels and 264 PPI density for clear visuals. The screen has display protection with a 19.5:9 ratio and 81.9% screen-to-body ratio.
On the camera department, the Samsung Galaxy A20s has a triple rear camera that consists of 13 megapixels wide main camera with an additional 8 megapixels ultrawide sensor and lastly is 5 MP depth sensor.
The cameras working together feature LED flash, panorama, HDR and they’re capable of shooting [email protected]
Selfies lovers will get a front camera of 8 MP which has f/2.0 aperture for bright selfies and video calling. This arrangement will ensure users get good photos quality on the camera.
Hardware And Software
Taking charge of the system is a mid-range Qualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450 based on 12 nm tech with an octa-core processor handling its assignment at a speed of 1.8 GHz.
The Adreno 506 GPU on the inside is to make sure users get good graphics while gaming. Powering the phone is the Android 9.0 Pie operating system.
The Samsung Galaxy A20s is available in two variants. The first has an internal storage of 32GB that is paired with 3GB RAM, while the bigger model has an internal storage of 64GB paired with 4GB RAM. It’s expandable via micro SD card up to 1 TB.
Battery And Network
On the battery aspect, the Samsung Galaxy A20s has a non-removable battery capacity of 4000 mAh with support for fast charging 15W. The juicer should be able to keep the phone on for a full day.
The network setup includes a 4G LTE for fast internet connection and downloads. It also has WiFi, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth, FM radio, A-GPS for location tracking and also Type-C 1.0 reversible connector.
Samsung Galaxy A20s Price And Availability
Samsung Galaxy A20s price in Nigeria should start at around 60,000 Naira. In India, the smartphone is priced at Rs. 11,999.
The Samsung Galaxy A20s is now available for purchase and you can get the handset in different colors such as Black, Blue, Red, and Green.
It comes with different models number that includes SM-A207F, SM-A207FN, SM-A207GN, SM-A207YN, SM-A207G, SM-A207W, and SM-A207U.
The model you get will depend on the market location and country. The Samsung Galaxy A20s will sell for 60,000 Naira in Nigeria, 17,100 KES in Kenya and 885 GHS in Ghana.
Samsung Galaxy A20s Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy A20s:
- Platform: Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Processor: 1.8GHz octa-core Processor, Qualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450 (14 nm)
- GPU: Adreno 506
- Memory: 3GB RAM / 4GB RAM
- Colours: Black, Blue, Red, Green
- Dimension: 163.3 x 77.5 x 8 mm
- Weight: 183 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.5 inches, 720 x 1560 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~264 ppi density), IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 13 MP (wide) + 8 MP (ultra wide) + 5 MP (depth) Camera, [email protected] Videos
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR, PDAF
- Front Camera: 8 MP Camera, f/2.0
- Built-in Storage: 32GB / 64GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes up to 1 TB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 28(700), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, 4.2, A2DP, LE
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4000 mAh Li-Po Non-Removable Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, Fast battery charging 15W