The Giant Tech company has again introduced another upper mid-range smartphone. The Samsung Galaxy A70s was announced in September with incredible body design. It’s a sibling to the Galaxy A70 that was announced some times ago.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy A70s
The major highlight of the phone is the impression triple rear camera set-up, the large screen display size coupled with an on-screen fingerprint scanner and it’s also blessed with a massive battery capacity that will last for days.
This smartphone is one to consider if you are looking out for a budget device that will give you a fair of what you paid for.
Samsung Galaxy A70s Key Specs & Features
- 6.7 inch Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels (393 ppi)
- Android 9.0 Pie, One UI
- Octa-core Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675
- 6GB RAM / 8GB RAM
- 128GB Built-in Storage, expandable via microSD card (up to 512GB)
- 64 MP + 8 MP + 5 MP Rear Camera and 32 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Under display)
- 4G LTE Network
- 4500 mAh Li-Po Non Removable Battery
Design And Display
Going by the design, there’s nothing extraordinary about the new phone. It still maintains a similar body with its siblings. The Samsung Galaxy A70s packs a smooth panel that is wrapped with premium plastic.
The panel is where you will find the triple camera with an LED flash, while it houses the fingerprint scanner on the screen. It measures 164.3 x 76.7 x 7.9 mm in dimensions and weight 187 grams which is not too heavy to handle with a single hand.
Shifting to the front sides, the Samsung Galaxy A70s has a waterdrop notch which has become a norm in the mid-range series. The notch host the front camera and still gives ways to a large screen display size of 6.7 inches.
Thanks to the Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen and the resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels coupled with 393 PPI density, the device will offer deep black and clear visuals. The screen is protected by a corning gorilla glass to prevent it from scratch and crack.
Samsung Galaxy A70s top-selling point is the camera configuration. The main camera has been upgraded to 64 MP with an additional 8 MP ultrawide sensor that has f/2.2 aperture and lastly is the 5 MP depth sensor.
The camera features LED flash, panorama, HDR and it promise to shoot 4K video quality. There’s an impressive front camera of 32 MP which is dedicated to selfies and video calling. The selfies snapper has HDR and can also shoot full HD video quality.
Hardware and Software
The Samsung Galaxy A70s is equipped with a Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675 SOC built on the 11 nm process technology with an octa-core processor clocking at a speed of 2.0 GHz.
It has Adreno 612 for graphics with Android 9.0 Pie operating system out of the box. The user interface slapped on top is One UI which brings additional features onboard.
For music and other files, users will get generous internal storage of 128GB that is paired with 6GB RAM. It also has another model with a huge 8 GB RAM which will handle games and multitasking without lagging. The good news is that the memory is still expandable up to 1 TB via a micro SD card.
Battery And Network
Another top selling point of this great budget device is the 4,500 mAh on the inside. This juicer has fast charging support and will surely last a full day under normal usage.
Samsung Galaxy A70s has 4G LTE Network for fast browsing and downloads with other regulars such as WiFi, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth, A-GPS for navigation, FM radio and 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector.
Samsung Galaxy A70s Price and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy A70s is now available in Nigeria at a price of 145,000 Naira. The device will be shipped in multiple colors such as Prism Crush Red, Prism Crush White, and Prism Crush Black. In Ghana, it will cost 2,200 GHS, while in Kenya, it will sell at a price of 41,600 KES.
Samsung Galaxy A70s Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy A70s:
- Platform: Android 9.0 (Pie); One UI
- Processor: Octa-core 2.0 GHz, Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675 (11 nm)
- GPU: Adreno 612
- Memory: 6GB RAM / 8GB RAM
- Colours: Prism Crush Red, Prism Crush White, Prism Crush Black
- Dimension: 164.3 x 76.7 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 187 gram
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.7 inch Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 aspect ratio (~393 ppi density)
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass (unspecified)
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64 MP (wide) + 8 MP (ultra wide) + 5 MP (depth) Camera, [email protected], [email protected]/240fps Videos
- Rear Camera Features: PDAF, LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Front Camera: 32 MP Camera, f/2.0, 0.8µm, [email protected] Video
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 1 TB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (under display, optical)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4500 mAh Li-Po Non-Removable Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, Fast battery charging 25W