The Blackview BV9800 Pro is the advanced version of the Blackview BV9800 smartphone. The handset comes with a rugged body design and also a monster battery capacity as well. Blackview BV9800 Pro features a 6.3-inch display and Triple Rear Camera.
It’s both dust and water-resistant with a thermal camera, making it a perfect device for adventurers. We are going to look into details about the camera aspect, but before then, let’s take a quick look at its key features.
Blackview BV9800 Pro Key Specs & Features
- 6.3 inch IPS Display, 1080 x 2280 pixels (400 ppi)
- Android 9.0 Pie
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio P70
- 6GB RAM and 128GB inbuilt storage
- 48 MP + 16 MP + 5 MP Triple Rear Camera
- 16 MP Front Camera
- Dust and Water Resistant
- Military Grade Ruggedness (MIL-STD-810G)
- Fingerprint Scanner (Rear)
- 4G LTE Network
- 6580 mAh Non-Removable Battery
Design and Display
Just as mentioned above, this is a rugged device and as such it’s built with a tough material featuring Metal, Polycarbonate, and TPU.
Blackview BV9800 Pro has an IP68 resistance certification, IP69K coupled with military seal MIL-STD-810G and also as GPS navigation compatible with GLONASS and Beidou systems.
There’s also an added security feature such as a fingerprint scanner and a barometric sensor to know the air pressure. The handset offers a large display size of 6.3 inches under an IPS Capacitive touchscreen.
It has a resolution of 1080 x 2280 Pixels and 400 PPI density. The screen is equipped with display protection and it will deliver clear visuals as well.
The camera is one of the great features that make the Blackview Bv9800 Pro amazing and unique. With the thermal camera present on the phone, you can view anything even in the dark.
The integrated thermal camera FLIR Lepton is able to see, heat something that an ordinary eye can not do. The feature can be a key in the inspection of installations, firefighting or other construction.
Since the camera can create an image based on the heat produced by each element, it will help us to see even in the dark. A firefighter can use BV9800 Pro’s camera to make sure their fire has been completely extinguished.
Similarly, for adventurers, they can use the Thermal camera to detect animals that hide and camouflage using their body temperature. With this camera, you can detect people 30 meters away in total darkness.
Amazing right, that’s not all, the 48 MP camera is also paired with dual LED flash and it’s capable of shooting 4K video quality. For selfies, you will get 16MP with Face Recognition, F2.0 Aperture, Samsung S5K3P8 ISOCELL Sensor, Pixel size – 1.0 µm, 5-element lens, and sensor size – 1/3.1 just like it’s siblings.
Hardware and Software
The Blackview BV9800 Pro is blessed with a MediaTek Helio P70 chipset that has an octa-core processor clocking at a speed of 2.1 GHz. It has ARM Mali G72 MP3 for graphics related issues and also for gaming.
It still maintains the same ample RAM of 6GB with generous inbuilt storage of 128GB. You can still expand the memory using a micro SD card if you want. Booting the handset is Android 9.0 Pie operating system out of the box.
Battery and Network
Powering the phone is a massive non removable battery capacity of 6580 mAh with support for both fast and wireless charging technology. The juicer promise to last up to 100 hours of music playback and 570 hours of talk time.
The dual SIM on the Blackview BV9800 Pro has 4G LTE Network and other regulars such as WiFi, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth, FM radio, A-GPS for navigation and Type-C USB V2.0 with OTG.
Blackview BV9800 Pro Price And Availability
The Blackview BV9800 Pro price starts at around $449. In Nigeria, the handset costs 240,000 Naira, while in Ghana, it will sell for 3,300 GHS and 61,000 KES in Kenya.
You can now buy the smartphone at leading online stores that ship to your country. It will be shipped in Black, and Silver colors.
Blackview BV9800 Pro Specs
Here are a few specs of the Blackview BV9800 Pro:
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie
- Processor: MediaTek Helio P70, Octa-Core 4x 2.1 GHz ARM Cortex-A73 + 4x 1.95 GHz ARM Cortex-A53
- GPU: ARM Mali G72 MP3
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Colours: Black, Silver
- Dimension: –
- Weight: –
- SIM Type: Nano+Nano/microSD
- SIM Count: Hybrid Dual SIM Support
- Display: 6.3 inch IPS Capacitive Touchscreen, 1080 x 2280 Pixels (400 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48 MP + 16 MP + 5 MP Triple Camera
- Rear Camera Features: Dual LED flash, Autofocus, Continuous shooting, Digital zoom, Geotagging, Panorama, HDR
- Front Camera: 16 MP Camera
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes up tp 256GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes, GSM : 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 4G LTE: Yes, W-CDMA : 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 802.11 n 5GHz, Dual-Band, Wi-Fi HotSpot, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, Type-C USB V2.0 with OTG
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: Yes
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: Yes
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 6580 mAh Non-Removable Battery
- Talktime: Up to 30 Hours
- Standby Time: Up to 570 Hours
- Fast Charging: Yes