The Oppo Reno 3 is an upper mid-range smartphone. This is different from the 5G model that featured Mediatek’s first processor with 5G support. This LTE only model features a beautiful design, solid specs, good battery and lots more. In this article, we explore the Oppo Reno 3 specs and price.
Where to Buy Oppo Reno 3
Oppo Reno3 Key Specs & Features
- 6.4-inch AMOLED Display, 1080 X 2400 pixels (411 ppi)
- Android 10, ColorOS 7
- 8GB RAM
- Octa-core Mediatek Helio P90
- 128GB Built-in Storage, up to 256GB Memory Card
- 48MP + 13MP + 8MP + 2MP Quad Rear Camera
- 44MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint Sensor (under Display)
- 4025mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
The Design and Display
The Oppo Reno 3 features a very beautiful glossy design that seems to be a rip off of the Huawei P30.
Despite not being a very innovative design in 2020, the Oppo Reno 3 is certainly going to stand out, which is facilitated by the fact that a few mobile phones in this category feature a design that can easily outshine that of the Oppo Reno 3.
The Oppo Reno3 features a 3D curved design on the rear, coupled with gradient colors for the majority of its variants.
The rear is home to a quad-camera system, with a camera flash. There isn’t any text indicating its model or telling you it’s an Oppo smartphone.
The front is home to a 6.4-inch display with a waterdrop notch. This display is an AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2400 and a screen density of 411 PPI. Please note that an optical fingerprint display lives beneath the display of the Oppo Reno 3.
Speaking colors, the Oppo Reno 3 two color variants. It comes in Midnight Black and Aurora Blue.
The Oppo Reno 3 is packed with camera hardware capable of taking awesome photos under good conditions.
Having top competitors like Xiaomi Phones in the mid-range category with excellent cameras, it is no surprise that Oppo took the steps to feature solid camera hardware on the Reno 3.
The Oppo Reno3 houses a quad-camera system on the rear featuring a 48MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2, a 2MP monochrome camera with an aperture of f/2.4 and a 13MP telephoto Camera with an aperture of f/2.4.
This rear camera system will let you shoot photos in HDR and Panorama. You can also shoot 4k videos at 30fps, 1080p videos at 30fps and 60fps. Video is stabilized, thanks to gyro-EIS and OIS.
The selfie camera is a 44MP camera with an aperture of f/2.4. This camera lets you shoot photos in HDR and videos in 1080p with frame rates capped at 30fps.
Hardware and Software
The Oppo Reno 3 is an midrange smartphone featuring capable specs. It sports a Mediatek processor like the 5G model, though a different processor.
It is powered by the Mediatek MT6779 Helio P90, which is not exactly within the sale class as the Mediatek MT6885Z Dimensity 1000L found in the 5G model, which is the first Mediatek processor with 5G connectivity.
The Mediatek MT6885Z Dimensity 1000L processor rubs shoulders with the Snapdragon 765G Processor, which powers the Xiaomi Redmi K30 5G smartphone.
The Oppo Reno 3 features have a 128GB storage / 8GB RAM, however the 5G model also has option for 128GB storage / 12GB RAM.
Oppo Reno 3 also houses a non-removable 4025mAh battery. The smartphone features VOOC flash charge 4.0, which is 30W fast charging. Oppo claims this fast-charge mechanism will get your phone 50% charge in 20mins.
On the software side, the Oppo Reno 3 runs the ColorOS 7 user interface on top of the Android 10 operating system.
The Oppo Reno 3 features a USB Type C (USB 3.1) port and dual-band Wi-FI.
This model offers only 4G LTE. However, the 5G models with Mediatek Dimensity 1000L processors supports 5G.
Oppo Reno 3 Price and Availability
The Oppo Reno 3 price in Nigeria starts at around 149,000 Naira for the 128GB + 8GB model. The Oppo Reno 3 price starts at around $545.
The smartphone was launched in Nigeria on May 15, 2020 online. Preorder ran from May 15 to May 19, 2020. Customers who preordered the Reno3 got 15,000 Naira worth of free gifts.
The Oppo Reno 3 is currently available for purchase and can be purchased from smartphone retail stores, as well as online retail stores.
Oppo Reno 3 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Oppo Reno3:
- Platform: Android 10, ColorOS 7
- Processor: Octa-Core MediaTek MT6779 Helio P90 (7nm)
- GPU: PowerVR GM9446
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Colours: Midnight Black, Aurora Blue
- Dimension: 160.2 x 73.3 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 170 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.4-inch AMOLED Capacitive Touchscreen, 1080 x 2400 pixels (411 ppi), 20:9 Aspect Ratio
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (wide) F/1.8 + 8MP (Ultrawide) F/2.2 + 2MP (monochrome) F/2.4 + 13MP (Telephoto) F/2.4 Quad-Camera
- Rear Camera Features: LED Flash, HDR, PDAF, 2x Optical Zoom, panorama, [email protected], [email protected]/60fps; gyro-EIS, OIS
- Front Camera: 32MP Camera, F/2.4, HDR, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: up to 256GB microSD
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes, FDD-LTE: Bands 1/3/5/7/8/20/28; TD-LTE: Bands 38/40/41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type C (USB 3.1)
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: –
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, ( Under-display)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4025mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, 30W Fast Charging Capacity