The Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G is a beefier version of the standard Samsung Galaxy S20. Although not being as much of an upgrade as the Galaxy S20 Ultra is to the Samsung Galaxy S20, you get a bigger battery, bigger display and lots more. Here we explore the Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G specs and price.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G
Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G Key Specs & Features
- 6.7-inch, Dynamic AMOLED Capacitive Touchscreen, 120Hz Refresh Rate, 1440 x 3200 Pixels (525 ppi)
- Android 10, One UI 2
- 12GB RAM
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 (USA), Octa-core Exynos 990 (Global)
- 128GB/ 256GB/ 512GB Built-in Storage, With Support For Storage Expansion Via Micro-SD
- 12MP + 64MP + 12MP + 0.3MP Quad Rear Camera and 10MP Front Camera
- 5G Support
- Fingerprint Sensor (under Display)
- 25W Fast Charging
- Water and Dust Proof (IP68 certification)
- 4500mAh Non-Removable Li-ion Battery
The Design and Display
The Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G features the same design as the standard Galaxy S20. You have got a similar design on a bigger chassis.
The rear is home to a camera bump that is home to quad cameras and a camera flash. Beneath, you will find the Samsung moniker, which indicates its a Samsung phone.
Switching over to the front of the smartphone you are greeted with a 6.7-inch display, which is 0.5-inches bigger than the 6.2-inch display on the Samsung Galaxy S20.
This display on the Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G is a dynamic AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 3200, a screen density of 525 ppi and a 120Hz refresh rate.
Please note that on default, the refresh rate on the Samsung Galaxy S20 plus display is set to 60Hz with a 1440 screen resolution. Users can enable a 120Hz refresh rate via the settings app, which in turn drops the resolution to 1080.
The top middle of the display is a single punch hole camera, which in my opinion is way cleaner and less obstructive when compared to the dual selfie camera cut-out on the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus.
The chassis build comprises of Gorilla Glass 6 on the front and rear panel and an aluminum frame. You have also got an IP68 rating for dust and water resistance.
The Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G offers five color variants. This Android phone comes in Cosmic Grey, Cloud Blue, Cosmic Black, Cosmic White, Blue, Red
Setting aside its time of flight sensor, the camera hardware on the Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G is pretty much the same as that of the standard Galaxy S20. You have got a quad-camera setup on the rear and a single front-facing camera.
The Quad rear camera setup on the Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G features a 12MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, a 64MP telephoto camera with an aperture of f/2.0, a 12MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and a 0.3MP depth camera with an aperture of f/1.0.
It has support for 8K video recording, which is done through the 64MP camera, due to the 33MP requirement for shooting 8K videos.
You also get to shoot 4k videos at 30 and 60fps, 1080 videos at 30,60 and 240fps, and lastly 720p slow-motion videos at 960fps
100x zoom featured on the smartphone isn’t present here, instead, you have 30x super-resolution zoom.
The selfie camera is a 10MP camera with an aperture of f/2.2. This camera is capable of 4k video recording at 30 and 60fps and also 1080p videos.
Hardware and Software
The Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G is packed with specs that make it super eligible for the high-end category. In my opinion, this smartphone has set a whole new standard for smartphones to be released later in the year.
Similar to most ‘S’ series smartphones from the past, you have got processor variants for different countries. Globally, the Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G will ship with an octa-core Exynos 990 processor, while users in the USA will get the Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor.
Still, on country variants, the Android phone will ship globally with a Mali-G77 MP11 GPU, while users in the USA will get the Adreno 650 GPU on their device.
What’s not country dependent? All variants of the 5G phone ships with 12GB of RAM, with an option for either 128GB, 256GB or 512GB of internal storage.
The Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G also features a non-removable 4500mAh battery. The Mobile Phone has support for 25W wired fast charging, 15W fast wireless charging, and 9W reverse charging.
On the software side, the Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G runs the One UI 2 on top of the Android 10 operating system.
The Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G features a USB Type C (USB 3.2) port, dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0 and NFC.
Internet connectivity here is capped at 5G. The Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G supports 5G mmWave, for its a strong version of 5G as compared to the sub 6 version on the standard Samsung Galaxy S20.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G Price and Availability
The price of the Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G starts around $1200 for the base variant with 128GB, which is about 436,200 Naira, 120,772 KHS, and 6,414 GHC in Nigeria, Kenya, and Ghana respectively.
It was announced in February 2020 and is expected to go on sale in March 2020.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G:
- Platform: Android 10, One UI 2
- Processor: Octa-core, 2×2.73 GHz Mongoose M5 & 2×2.60 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55 (Exynos 990) or Octa-core 1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585 (Qualcomm Snapdragon 865)
- GPU: Mali-G77 MP11 (Global) or Adreno 650 (USA
- Memory: 12GB RAM
- Colours: Cosmic Grey, Cloud Blue, Cosmic Black, Cosmic White, Blue, Red
- Dimension: 161.9 x 73.7 x 7.8 mm
- Weight: 188 g
- SIM Type: Nano / eSIM
- SIM Count: Dual
- Display: 6.7-inches Dynamic AMOLED Display, 1440 x 3200 pixels, Always-On Display, HDR10, 120Hz (FHD), 525 ppi
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 12MP (wide) f/1.8 + 64MP (Telephoto) f/2.0 + 12MP (ultrawide) f/2.2 + 0.3MP (depth) f/1.0 Quad-Camera
- Rear Camera Features: [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/240fps, [email protected], HDR10+, Gyro-EIS & OIS, Dual-Video Recording.
- Front Camera: 10MP (wide), f/2.2, [email protected]/60fps, [email protected], Dual Video Call, Auto-HDR
- Built-in Storage: 128GB/ 256GB / 512GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: –
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100,
- 3G CDMA EVDO: CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 32(1500), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 66(1700/2100)
- 5G: 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 28(700), 40(2300), 77(3700), 78(3500); SA/NSA/Sub6/mmWave
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: –
- EDGE: –
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type C (USB 3.2)
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes (USA & CANADA only)
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, Under Display, Ultrasonic
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: Yes, Fast Qi/PMA Wireless Charging 15W
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard Certified)
- Water Resistant: Yes, Up to 1.5m for 30 mins
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 4500 mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, 25W