The Poco X2 fills the gap of the long-awaited Poco F1 successor. Despite being a successor to the Poco F1, the Poco X2 packs in mid-range specs, in a chassis that accrues it the title of a Xiaomi Xiaomi Redmi K30 twin. In this article, we explore the Poco X2 specs and price.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Poco X2
Poco X2 Key Specs & Features
- 6.67-inch, IPS LCD Capacitive Touchscreen, 1080 x 2400 pixels (386 ppi)
- 120Hz Refresh Rate, HDR10
- Android 10.0; MIUI 11
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon SDM730 Snapdragon 730G Processor
- 6GB / 8GB RAM
- 64GB/ 128GB/ 512GB built-in storage, With MicroSD Support
- 64MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP Quad Rear Camera
- 20MP +2MP Dual Front Camera
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side-Mounted)
- 27W Fast Charging
- 4500mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
The Design and Display
Outwardly, the Poco X2 can be best described as a Xiaomi Redmi K30 twin. Differentiating both smartphones using their physical appearance is very difficult, as the difference is very minute.
The only way you can differentiate the Poco X2 from the Xiaomi Redmi K30 from physical looks is meticulously observing the branding on the rear. Instead of having a vertical Redmi branding as the Redmi K30 did, the Poco X2 has a POCO branding.
If you didn’t hate the Xiaomi Redmi K30’s design, you are certainly going to love the Poco F1.
The rear of the Poco X2 is home to an array of quad cameras engulfed in a circular space with a darker colour tone, similar to what we have on the Huawei Mate 30. Below the cameras on the rear is a camera flash and the Poco branding.
Upfront on the Poco X2 is a 6.67 inch IPS LCD display, housing a dual camera cut out, arranged in the same manner as we have on the Samsung Galaxy S10+.
Having an LCD panel instead of an AMOLED panel, made it impossible to feature an in-display fingerprint sensor. In the absence of an in-display fingerprint sensor, the Poco X2 settles for a capacitive fingerprint sensor mounted on the side.
Just like the Xiaomi Redmi k30 5G and the Redmi K30, the Poco X2 has a 120Hz refresh rate. Geared towards giving users a very smooth experience when using their device.
Similar to the Google Pixel 4, the Poco X2 uses a variable refresh rate system that switches between 60Hz and 120Hz, depending on the task running.
The Poco X2 offers a trio of colour variants. It comes in Atlantis Blue, Matrix Purple, Phoenix Red.
Appearance isn’t the only parameter that facilitates the fact that the Poco X2 is a Xiaomi Redmi K30 twin. Both mobile phones share the exact same camera hardware. It’s the same quad rear camera setup on the rear and the same dual-camera setup upfront.
The rear camera setup on the Poco X2 is home to a set of quad cameras comprising of a 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.9, an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.4, a 2MP dedicated macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4 and lastly a 2MP depth camera.
The rear quad-camera setup on the Poco X2 is capable of taking photos in HDR and Panorama and for video, you can shoot 4k videos with frame rates maxed at 30fps, 1080p videos with frame rates maxed at 30 and 120fps and 720p videos with frame rates maxed at 960fps for slow-mo videos.
The dual-camera setup on the Poco X2 comprises of a 20MP primary with an aperture of f/2.2 and a 2MP depth sensor with an aperture of f/2.4. This camera setup is capable of taking photos in HDR and also record capped at 1080 @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
Hold on, we have more similarities here. The specs sheet on the Poco X2 is a copy and paste of the Xiaomi Redmi K30 specs sheet. The specs numbers are exactly the same. Processor, RAM, Storage etcetera.
Instead of following the flagship trend began by its predecessor, the Poco X2 falls in the mid-range category. Something I feel is a deliberate effort by its OEM to make sure the Poco X2 gets into more hands.
The Poco X2 provides higher mid-range specs, hardware specs that equips the Poco X2 with the power to undertake a lot of power-intensive tasks. In my opinion, it’s one of the best mid-range specs combos on mid-range devices.
The Xiaomi Poco X2 features an Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G processor, which is one of the best mid-range processors out there. However 5G connectivity is supported on this processor, which hinders the Poco X2 from being 5G enabled phone.
The Poco X2 also features 6GB or 8GB of RAM, 64GB or 128GB or 256GB of UFS 2.1 internal storage. The Poco X2 houses a non-removable 4500mAh battery and supports a 27W fast charge. Xiaomi claims this fast-charge system will get you a 100% charge in 68 minutes.
On the software, the Poco X2 runs MIUI 11 on top of the Android 10 operating system.
The Poco X2 features a 3.5mm headphone jack, and the USB Type C (USB 2.0). Other connectivity options include dual-band Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 5.0.
Internet connectivity on the Poco X2 is capped at 4G LTE as there is no 5G support here.
Poco X2 Price and Availability
The Poco X2 Price is around $220, which is about 79,970 Naira, 1,184 GHC, 22,101 Kenyan shillings.
The Poco X2 was announced in February 2020 and expected to be available for purchase on February 11, 2020.
Xiaomi Poco X2 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Poco X2:
- Platform: Android 10.0; MIUI 11
- Processor: Octa-core 2×2.2 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver (Qualcomm SDM730 Snapdragon 730G)
- GPU: Adreno 618
- Memory: 6GB / 8GB RAM
- Colours: Atlantis Blue, Matrix Purple, Phoenix Red
- Dimension: 165.3 x 76.6 x 8.8 mm
- Weight: 208 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Hybrid Dual SIM
- Display: 6.67-inch, IPS LCD Capacitive Touchscreen, 1080 x 2400 pixels (386 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (wide) f/1.0 + 8MP (Ultra Wide) f/2.2 + 2MP (Dedicated Macro Camera) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth Sensor) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama, [email protected], [email protected]/120fps, [email protected]
- Front Camera: 20MP (Wide) f/2.2 + 2MP (Depth Sensor) f/2.4
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1)
- Memory Card Support: Yes
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 8(900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- 5G: –
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: –
- EDGE: –
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-Band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C (2.0)
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4500mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, 27W