Redmi was later last year announced to be a separate brand which makes the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 to be the first in the Note series to carry the new banner. The new smartphone very much looks like the bigger version of the Xiaomi Mi Play. In terms of specs, the smartphone fits perfectly in the mid-range category and has a 48MP rear camera as the highlight. Like the ones before it, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 is priced in a way that gives it quite a good value for your money.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Key Specs and Features
- 6.3-inch, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1080 X 2340 pixels
- Android 9.0 Pie
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 CPU and 3GB/4GB/6GB RAM
- 32GB/64GB built-in storage space, up to 256GB with a .memory card
- Dual 48MP + 5MP Rear Camera and a 13MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint Scanner (rear)
- 4, 000mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Redmi brand is known to recycle design on its smartphones, in fact, the entire Xiaomi brand is known to do so. In all, the smartphone takes after others before it, with a similar design just different internals which makes it cheaper to make.
Nonetheless, the smartphone still looks good maintaining the nice gradient design. There are the bezel reduction all over the screen style and the circular notch at the top of the screen.
Going for a fairly large screen, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 does have a decent display on board.
There are four curved corners with dot-drop display protected by tough Corning Gorilla Glass 5 for extra protection and durability.
Resolution-wise, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 is supplied with 1080 x 2340 pixels on a 6.3-inch sized screen.
Battery and Camera
The past few generations of Redmi Note smartphones have maintained quite the same battery capacity.
A faily large 4, 000mAh capacity battery can be spotted on the smartphone which is quite enough for the proprietary till the end of the day timeline.
You’ve also got fast charge through the USB Type-C port on the smartphone smoothening the process.
For the photography part, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 is spear headed by a 48MP main camera with f/1.8 aperture and a 0.8µm pixel size alongside a 5MP secondary sensor both on the rear side.
There are features like portrait mode, EIS, low light shot enhancement and slow-mo videos. Over to the other side, smartphone is equipped with a 13MP front camera for selfies.
Hardware and Software
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 offers hardware upgrade from its predecessor. It is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 chipset clocked at up to 2.2GHz and built on 14nm technology. Graphics runs on Adreno 509 GPU.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 comes in a number of variants. You’ve got a 3GB RAM version with 32GB ROM, a 4GB RAM model having 64GB or 128GB built-in storage space and a 6GB RAM and 64GB internal storage peak model.
They all have support for expansion up to 256GB and as well as run on Android 9 Pie out of the box.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Price and Availability
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 price in Nigeria is expected at 76,000 Naira, 79,900 Naira, and 85,500 Naira for the 3GB / 64GB, 4GB / 64GB, and 4GB / 128GB models respectively. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 are available at leading online stores near you. Price starts around $163.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7:
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie
- Processor: Octa-core Processor, up to 2.2GHz (Qualcomm Snapdragon 660)
- GPU: Adreno 512
- Memory: 3GB/4GB/6GB RAM
- Colours: Blue, Black, Twilight Gold
- Dimension: 159.2 x 75.2 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 186g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.3-inch, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 2340 x 1080 pixels
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Rear Camera: Dual 48MP + 5MP camera, 1080p [email protected]/60fps
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama
- Front Camera: 13MP camera, 1080p [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 32GB / 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 256GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: 42.2/5.76 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE-A (3CA) Cat 9 450/50Mbps
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, wi-fi direct, dual-band
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v5.0 with A2DP, LE
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Video Player: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (rear)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: –
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4, 000mAh non removable Li-Po battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes