Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G is more or less like a 5G variant of the Redmi Note 11 Pro. It shares a lot in common with the 4G model except that it add a 5G radio. It also offers an option with a bigger memory which can result in a smoother experience. Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G features a 6.67-inch Super AMOLED display, a 108MP triple rear camera, a 16MP front camera, and a 5000 mAh battery.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G
Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G Key Specs and Features
- 6.67 inches Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels (~395 ppi density)
- Android 11, MIUI 13
- Qualcomm SM6375 Snapdragon 695 5G (6 nm) Octa Core Processor
- 4GB, 6GB, 8GB RAM
- 64GB, 128GB Built-in Storage
- Fingerprint Sensor (side mounted)
- 108 MP (wide) + 8 MP (ultrawide) + 2 MP (macro) Triple Rear Camera
- 16 MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE Support
- 5G Support
- 67W Fast Charging Capacity
- 5000 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G features the same look and feel as the 4G model. The dimensions and weight are the same. Similarly, both the front and rear is covered in glass with the same color options of Graphite Gray, Polar White, and Atlantic Blue.
The camera bump on the back looks a bit similar to models like the Xiaomi Redmi Note 11, the Redmi Note 11 Pro, and the Redmi Note 11S, but on closer observation you will notice that one camera lens is missing. So, this Xiaomi Redmi Note phone has three cameras on the back as against four in some of its relations.
The fingerprint sensor is located on the side. You also get IP53 rating for dust and splash resistance.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G sports exactly the same Super AMOLED display as the 4G variant. Measuring 6.67-inches offers a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels with deep blacks and great contrast 4,500,000:1 contrast.
This is a good quality display for watching movies, browsing the web and all the fun and work stuff you do on your phone. With DCI-P3 color gamut support you get to view in amazingly rear colors. Support for Reading mode 3.0 and Eye care, means that this Xiaomi Redmi phone limits blue light reducing strain to your eye for a more comfortable viewing experience.
For gamers, the 120Hz refresh rate means this Xiaomi phone can pass as a decent gaming phone if you are on a budget.
Camera and Photos
Like we pointed out earlier, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G offers three cameras on the back compared to the four cameras in the 4G model. This is similar to the relationship between the Xiaomi Redmi Note 11S 5G and Redmi Note 11S 4G, where the 4G model offered four rear cameras and the 5G model three.
The missing lens here is the depth lens, you still get a wide-angle, an ultrawide angle, and a macro lens.
The 108 megapixels wide-angle lens combines with an 8 megapixels ultrawide angle camera and 2 megapixels macro lens to deliver good photography and video. Note that aside the missing depth sensor this is exactly the same camera as the 4G model.
There are no differences in the front camera. You get the same 16 megapixels wide angle lens for a great selfies.
Hardware and Software
The chipset is built on a dual-cluster architecture with a dual-core Kryo 660 Gold and a hexa-core Kryo 660 Silver clocked at 2.2GHz and 1.7GHz respectively. Graphics is handled by a Adreno 619 GPU.
For memory, you get an option of 4GB, 6GB, and 8GB RAM while for built-in storage your options are 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB. One of the SIM slots also doubles as a memory card slot.
With all this power there is bound to be heat, the smartphone uses LiquidCool technology to keep things running smoothly.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G runs on Android 11 with MIUI 13 out of the box.
This smartphone features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port, Bluetooth 5.1, and dual-band Wi-Fi. This model is a supports 5G phone.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G Price and Availability
Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G price in Nigeria starts at around 330,000 Naira. The Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G price starts at around $284 at leading online stores, 22,500 KES in Kenya, 2,500 GHC in Ghana, and 5,711 EGP in Egypt.
The Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G was announced on January 2022 and was available for purchase as from February 2022.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G:
- Platform: Android 11, MIUI 13
- Processor: Qualcomm SM6375 Snapdragon 695 5G (6 nm) Octa Core Processor (2.2 GHz dual-core Kryo 660 Gold and 1.7 GHz hexa-core Kryo 660 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- Memory: 4GB, 6GB, 8GB RAM
- Colours: Graphite Gray, Polar White, Atlantic Blue
- Dimension: 164.2 x 76.1 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 202 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Hybrid Dual SIM
- Display: 6.67 inches Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels (~395 ppi density), ~86.0% screen-to-body ratio, 120Hz refresh rate, up to 1200 nits Brightness, 20:9 aspect ratio
- Screen Protection: Yes, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 108 MP (wide), f/1.9, PDAF + 8 MP (ultrawide), f/2.2, 118˚ FoV + 2 MP (macro), f/2.4 Triple Camera
- Rear Camera Features: LED Flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected]
- Front Camera: 16 MP (wide), f/2.5 Camera, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 64GB, 128GB
- Memory Card Support: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 32, 38, 40, 41, 66
- 5G: 5G Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 77, 78 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes, HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE-A (CA)
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Unspecified
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes, 24-bit/192kHz audio
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (Side Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: Yes, IP53 (Splash Resistant)
- Dust Resistant: Yes, IP53
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 5000 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 67W Fast Charging Capacity, (Power Delivery 3.0, Quick Charge 3+)