The Xiaomi Black Shark 4S Pro doesn’t stray far from the standard Black Shark 4 Pro. This more premium variant of the Black Shark 4S shares similarities with the 4 Pro that can be seen in both design and hardware.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Black Shark 4S Pro
Xiaomi Black Shark 4s Pro Key Specs & Features
- 6.67 inches Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, ~395 PPI, 144Hz Refresh Rate
- Android 11, Joy UI 12.5
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888+ (5 nm)
- 8GB RAM / 12GB / 16GB RAM
- 256GB / 512GB Built-in Storage
- 64MP + 8MP + 5MP Triple Rear Camera
- 20MP Front Camera
- 5G Support
- Physical Pop-up Gaming Triggers
- Fingerprint Scanner (side-mounted)
- Fast Charging (120W Capacity)
- 4500 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
Want to know what the Xiaomi Black Shark 4S Pro looks like? Then you have to look no further than the standard Black Shark 4 Pro it’s self. The resemblance are hard to miss.
However, there is a likely hood you may be able to tell the difference by examining the rear panel design, where you will discover a very conspicuous “Black Shark” branding in the right corner.
Setting aside the Black Shark branding, leaves us with the same camera module design and the Shark emblem. What’s more, we have only two colour options here, just black and white, suppose to the five different colour options on the standard Black shark 4 pro.
On the front panel, we have the most identical setup, which is a 6.67-inch Super AMOLED display with a punch hole camera in the middle position. This display has a resolution of 1080p @ 30fps, a density of approximately 395 PPI and a 144Hz refresh rate.
The situation with the cameras on the Black Shark 4S Pro is basically the same as with the design, in the sense that we have the same cameras coming from the vanilla Black Shark 4 Pro.
On the rear, we have the same 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and a 120˚ field of view and a 5MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4 Video recording is capped at 4k @ 60fps.
The selfie department is held in place by a single 20MP camera just like we saw on the smartphone. Video recording here is capped at 1080p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
The Xiaomi Black Shark 4S Pro takes on the Snapdragon 888+ which is a slight upgrade over the Snapdragon 888 processor on the Black Shark 4 pro. Aside from that, the other performance facilitators are basically the same.
We have the same 8GB / 12GB / 16GB RAM options, 256GB / 512GB built-in storage, a non-removable 4500mAh battery and also 120W fast charging mechanism.
On the software side, we have the Joy UI 12.5 user user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Xiaomi BlackShark 4s Pro features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C 2.0 port, NFC support, low-energy Bluetooth 5.2, and WiFi.
Internet connectivity here is capped at 5G, which means enthusiasts can utilize 5G connectivity for downloads, uploads, and streaming.
Xiaomi Black Shark 4s Pro Price and Availability
Xiaomi Black Shark 4S Pro price starts at around $757, which translates to about 311,059 Naira in Nigeria, 4,603 GHC in Ghana and 83,927 KSH in Kenya.
The android phone was announced on the 13th of October 2021 and is expected to be released for purchase later in October 2021.
Xiaomi Black Shark 4s Pro Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Black Shark 4s Pro:
- Platform: Android 11, Joy UI 12.5
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 888 (5 nm) (Octa-core 1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Memory: 8GB / 12GB / 16GB RAM
- Colours: Black, Dark Blue, Silver
- Dimension: 163.8 x 76.4 x 9.9 mm
- Weight: 220 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.67 inches Super AMOLED, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, ~395 PPI, HDR10+, 144Hz Refresh Rate, 1300 nits (peak)
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Primary) f/1.8 + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2, 120˚ FOV + 5MP (Macro) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, PDAF, [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/240fps, [email protected]; HDR10+
- Front Camera: 20MP Camera, f/2.0, HDR, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 256GB / 512GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G WCDMA: 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: 1, 3, 8, 28, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: non-removable 4500mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes (120W Capacity)