The Huawei P40 Lite packs in higher-midrange specs in a chassis that appears to be a replica of the Huawei Nova 6 SE. Packed in this mobile phone is an 800 series Hi-Silicon kirin processor, capable cameras, a 40W fast charge mechanism and lots more. In this article, we explore the Huawei P40 Lite specs and price.
Where to Buy Huawei P40 Lite
Huawei P40 Lite Key Specs & Features
- 6.4-inch IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2310 Pixels (398 PPI)
- Android 10.0 (AOSP + HMS); EMUI 10
- Octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 810 Processor
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB Built-in Storage, Micro-SD Support up to 256GB
- 48MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP Quad Rear Camera
- 16MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Reader (Side-Mounted)
- 4G LTE Network
- 40W Fast Charger
- Non-Removable Li-Po 4200 mAh Battery
Design and Display
The Phrase “Similar design” has grown to become very common among recently released smartphones in the mid-range to the low budget category.
A large percentage of existing smartphones have a twin, a smartphone that looks very identical. In the case of the Huawei P40 Lite, its the Huawei Nova 6 SE. Both smartphones share a very similar chassis design.
Flip both smartphones front and back and what you have is a very similar setup. To make disparity even more difficult to spot, both smartphones also feature the Huawei branding on the rear.
However, if you loved the Huawei Nova SE’s design, then you are certainly going to love the Huawei P40 Lite.
The rear of this Android smartphone is home to a quad-camera setup that somehow mimics the iPhone 11 Pro. On the bottom of this rear panel, is the Huawei Logo which indicates it’s a Huawei smartphone.
Upfront, you have got a 6.4-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2310 and a screen density of 398 PPI. Nested in this display, is a punch hole, which is home to its selfie camera.
In terms of color variants, you have got a trio of options to make. You are at liberty to select either Black, Emerald Green or Light Pink/Blue.
The Huawei P40 Lite’s camera system is pretty much identical to what we have been seeing on recently released mid-range smartphones. Its a quad rear camera system and a single camera system.
The quad-camera system on the rear is led by a 48MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8. the rear camera system also comprises of an 8MP wide camera with an aperture of f/2.4, a 2MP macro f/2.4, 2MP depth f/2.4.
The camera system is capable of taking photos in HDR, Panorama and also 4k videos at 30fps and 1080p videos at 30fps.
For selfies, the Huawei P40 Lite makes use of a single 16MP camera with an aperture of f/2.0. This camera is capable of shooting photos in HDR and also 1080p videos at 30fps.
Hardware and Software
The Huawei P40 Lite packs in capable mid-range specs. It offers users a combo of specs that facilitates less lag when performing smartphone tasks.
Inside this smartphone is an Octa-core Hi-Silicon Kirin 810 Processor and a Mali-G52 MP6 graphics processing unit, a 4GB RAM, 128GB of internal storage, support for Micro-SD expansion up to 256GB and a 4200mAh battery.
In order to foster fast charging speed, you get a 40W fast charge support, which promises a 70 percent charge in 30 mins.
On the software side, the Huawei P40 Lite runs EMUI 10 on top of the Android 10 operating system.
The Huawei P40 Lite features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type C port (2.0), dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0 and NFC.
Internet connectivity on the Huawei P40 Lite is capped at 4G LTE, as there is no 5G support. This means that downloads and streams will be limited to 4G speeds.
Huawei P40 Lite Price and Availability
Huawei P40 Lite price starts at around $249 at leading online stores. The smartphone costs around 125,000 Naira in Nigeria. The Huawei P40 Lite was announced on February 27 and currently available for purchase.
Huawei P40 Lite Specs
Here are a few specs of the Huawei P40 Lite:
- Platform: Android 10.0 (AOSP + HMS); EMUI 10
- Processor: Octa-core 2×2.27 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×1.88 GHz Cortex-A55 (HiSilicon Kirin 810)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MP6
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Colours: Black, Emerald Green, Light Pink/Blue
- Dimension: 159.2 x 76.3 x 8.7 mm
- Weight: 183 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.4-inch IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2310 Pixels, 398 PPI
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48 MP (wide) f/1.8 + 8MP (ultrawide) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama, [email protected], [email protected]
- Front Camera: 16MP, f/2.0, HDR, 1080p @ 30fps
- Built-in Storage: 12GBGB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 256GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 18(800), 19(800), 28(700), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500) – JNY-L22A, JNY-L02A, JNY-L22B
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-Band, Wi-Fi Direct, Hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, Type-C (USB 2.0)
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (Rear Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Non-Removable Li-Po 4200 mAh battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 40W Fast Charger Mechanism