the Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite 5G takes the mid-range smartphone route, which makes it the cheapest in the M10 series. However, it still offers top-notch features like 5G support, fast charge, all for a price that makes that puts it in the chart of smartphones with great value for the money.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite 5G
Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite 5G Key Specs & Features
- 6.57-inch, Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 Pixels (392 ppi)
- Android 10.0; MIUI 11
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G (7 nm) Processor
- 6GB / 8GB RAM
- 128GB Built-in Storage
- 48MP + 8MP + 5MP + 2MP Quad Rear Camera
- 16MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Under Display)
- 20W Fast Charging
- 4160mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
The Design and Display
The Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite 5G takes its own route in terms of design. It features chassis aesthetics that vary from what we have on the much more premium Xiaomi Mi 10 5G. It’s almost impossible to tell its a member of the Mi 10 series.
Being different from its more premium siblings doesn’t actually mean you are settling for a poorly designed smartphone. The M10 5G Lite actually has a very appealing design. In opinion is one of the better looking mid-range smartphones.
On the rear, we have a minimal setup which comprises of quad cameras housed in a square enclosure. Below the camera setup is the MI branding, which indicates its Xiaomi smartphones.
Upfront, you have got a 6.57-inch AMOLED display. This display is home to a u-shaped notch, which is a deviation from the camera cut out we had on the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5G.
The Xiaomi Mi 10 5G was one of the most discussed smartphones earlier in 2020. It was facilitated by the fact that it was one of the first smartphones to feature a 108MP camera.
Unfortunately, the baton was passed to the Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite. What is get, is a less powerful camera setup, with cameras that are also capable of taking great photos.
The Rear camera system on this Android phone, comprises of quad cameras which include a 48MP primary camera, an 8MP ultrawide camera, a 5MP macro camera, and a 2MP depth camera.
This camera setup is capable of shooting 4k videos at 30fps, 1080p videos with frame rates maxed at 120fps and 720p videos with frame rates up to 960fps for slow-mo.
For selfies, you have got a 16MP camera which is capable of capturing photos in HDR, Panorama and also shoot 1080p videos at 30fps.
Hardware and Software
Part of the reasons you get the LITE moniker on this smartphone is the fact that it bears a specs sheet inferior to that of the Xiaomi Mi 10 5G. You get mid-range specs instead of the high-end specs.
Powering this mobile phone, is an Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G processor, 6GB or 8GB RAM, 128GB of internal storage, an Adreno 620 GPU and a non-removable 4160 mAh battery.
On the software side, the Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite runs the MIUI 11 user interface, on top of the Android 10.0 operating system.
The Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite features Bluetooth 5.0, dual-band Wifi a USB Type-C port and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Thanks to the Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G Processor. Internet connectivity on this smartphone is capped at 5G.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite 5G Price and Availability
The price of the Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite 5G is around $378, which is about 138,726 Naira, 40,084 Kenyan shillings, and 65.51 Ghanaian Cedis.
The Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite was announced on March 27, 2020, and is expected to go on sale in May 2020.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite 5G:
- Platform: Android 10.0; MIUI 11
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G (7 nm) (1×2.4 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1×2.2 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 620
- Memory: 6GB or 8GB RAM
- Colours: Black, Blue, White
- Dimension: –
- Weight: –
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Hybrid Dual SIM
- Display: 6.57-inch, AMOLED Capacitive Touchscreen, 1080 x 2400 pixels (392 ppi)
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (wide) f/1.8 + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2 + 5MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama, [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps, [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 16MP, f/2.5, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB (UFS 2.1)
- Memory Card Support: Yes (microSDXC)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: –
- EDGE: –
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: 2.0, Type-C
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Under Display)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4160mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, 20W