The Oppo Reno3 Pro 5G is the bigger model of the Oppo Reno3 5G. It comes with a premium body design, an impressive camera set-up, and also a more powerful processor than it’s siblings. It is the 5G variant of the Oppo Reno 3 Pro.
Below are more features and specifications of the Reno3 Pro 5G phone.
Oppo Reno3 Pro 5G Key Specs & Features
- 6.5 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~402 ppi)
- Android 10, ColorOS 7
- Octa-core Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G
- 8GB / 12GB RAM
- 128GB/256GB Built-in Storage
- 48 MP + 13 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 32 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint (under display, optical)
- 4G LTE Network
- 5G Network
- VOOC 4.0
- Fast Charging 30W, 50% in 20 min
- Non-Removable Li-Po 4025 mAh Battery
Design and Display.
In terms of body design, the Oppo Reno3 Pro 5G brings in a new unique 360° surround antenna design ensuring the device can smartly match different antenna groups to provide consistent data speeds.
On the panel, it houses the cameras and an LED flash. It measures 159.4 x 72.4 x 7.7 mm in dimensions and weight 171 gram which is lighter than the Reno3 5G. The handset is built with a combination of glass and aluminum frame.
Shifting to the front side, the left corner of the display has a small punch-hole camera measuring 3.92mm in diameter, making it even smaller than the one on Samsung Galaxy S10e.
It has a flexible AMOLED display that’s curved on the two sizes smaller than the one Samsung Galaxy S10. It has a 6.5-inch curved display that supports a 90Hz refresh rate similar to the one on OnePlus 7T Pro.
The screen has an impressive resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels, a 20:9 ratio, and 402 PPI density.
On the camera, the Oppo Reno3 Pro 5G is equipped with a quad-camera setup that consists of a 48MP Sony IMX586 primary sensor coupled with a 13MP telephoto lens that supports 5X hybrid optical zoom, an 8MP wide-angle camera with 116-degree field of view and a 2MP black and white camera.
The good news is that the camera support Ultra Steady that utilizes the ultra-wide camera along with ultra-steady algorithms and high-precision gyroscope to stabilize the main camera videos.
The camera features Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama and can shoot 4K videos. The front camera is the same 32 MP on the standard version.
Hardware and Software
The Oppo Reno3 Pro 5G is powered by the Snapdragon 765G octa-core processor. The device makes history as it’s the first from the chipmaker to be integrated 5G chipset. It supports up to 3.7Gbps download speeds and 1.6Gbps upload speeds.
It also features a Smart 5G that regulates the 5G connectivity to improve battery life by up to 30 percent. The inbuilt storage on the handset is 8GB RAM and 128GB storage and 12GB RAM and 256GB storage.
Meanwhile, booting the device is Android 10 OS with ColorOS 7 mounted on top.
Battery And Other Features
The Oppo Reno3 Pro 5G is fueled by a nonremovable battery of 4025mAh that carries support for VOOC 4.0 30W fast charging technology. The maker claims that the phone can charge from 3% to 50% in just 20 minutes, up to 70% in 30 minutes and 100% in 56 minutes.
Other features on the inside include stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos support. It also has a three-dimensional cooling system with a double layer graphite sheet providing effective heat dissipation. Users will get an in-screen fingerprint module.
Oppo Reno3 Pro 5G Price and Availability
The Oppo Reno3 Pro 5G will sell at a price of $590 for the 8GB +128GB variant, while the 12GB + 256GB variant goes up to $790. There is also a special OPPO Reno3 Pro 5G Classic Blue edition that costs up to $600.
Both phones variant are now available for purchase and you can order them in multiple colors such as Black, White, Starry Night, Sunrise, and Classic Blue.
Meanwhile in Nigeria, the Oppo Reno3 Pro 5G is expected to sell at a price of 230,000 Naira for the standard version, 3,500 Ghs in Ghana, and 65,000 Ksh in Kenya.
Oppo Reno3 Pro 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Oppo Reno3 Pro 5G:
- Platform: Android 10, ColorOS 7
- Processor: Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G (7 nm), Octa-core (1×2.4 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1×2.2 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 620
- Memory: 8GB/12GB
- Colours: Black, White, Starry Night, Sunrise, Classic Blue
- Dimension: 159.4 x 72.4 x 7.7 mm
- Weight: 171 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.5 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~402 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48 MP (wide) + 13 MP (telephoto) + 8 MP (ultrawide) + 2 MP (B/W) Quad Cameras, [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps; gyro-EIS, OIS
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 32 MP, HDR, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB/256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes, CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: Yes, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: Yes, 1, 41, 78, 79 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infra Blaster: No
- USB Port: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (under display, optical)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4025 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes