The Samsung Galaxy S10e gives a refreshing twist to the Galaxy S series as phone lovers don’t have to cough out a lot of cash for a Samsung flagship smartphone. If Samsung’s tradition were to be followed, this phone wouldn’t have seen the light of the day. But here we are with a cheaper Samsung Galaxy S top-tier phone. “e” in the model’s name denotes essential, that is, the phone is equipped with major features of the higher variants.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy S10e
Samsung Galaxy S10e Key Specs & Features
- 5.8-inch, Dynamic AMOLED Capacitive Touchscreen, 1440 X 2280 pixels (438 ppi)
- Always On Display, HDR10+
- Android 9.0 (Pie), One UI with 8GB RAM
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 (USA, China, Latin America), Octa-core Exynos 9820 (EMEA)
- 128GB / 256GB built-in storage and support memory card up to 512GB
- 12MP + 16MP dual rear camera and 10MP front camera
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint sensor (side-mounted)
- Fast Wireless Charging
- Water and Dust Proof (IP68 certification)
- 3,100mAh non removable Li-ion battery
Design and Display
The punch-hole designed camera on the smartphone is in similitude to the Samsung Galaxy S10. It’s the same diameter and same quality. However, the design isn’t all the same as there’s no curved edge on this device. The glass is as flat as it comes, thus, scoring the phone low on aesthetics when compared to its brothers.
We also found the volume rocker, Bixby dedicated button and power buttons at the sides of the smartphone. It beats the others in terms of lightweight, credits to the 150g weight. At the rear, there are two camera modules, one shy of three cameras in the bigger boys.
Unlocking the Samsung Galaxy S10e comes easy but in a refined manner. The index finger doesn’t have to go all the way to the back; it only needs to rest on the phone’s side that’s above the power button.
For its display, a large-sized 5.8-inch Dynamic AMOLED touchscreen controls the show. Quality multimedia is emitted by the resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. The Infinity-O design brings life to over 87% screen-to-body ratio, thereby guaranteeing substantial display space.
Battery and Camera
Strong battery life isn’t one of the strong suits of this smartphone. Even with 3,100mAh battery, it commands almost a day’s usage of web browsing, gaming, music and video streaming.
When the phone’s battery gets low, you don’t have to wait long for the battery to charge up fully. Fast battery charging 15W takes care of that.
As the Samsung Galaxy S10e can get charged wirelessly, so can it also charge other devices wirelessly. That’s the idea behind Wireless Powershare, Samsung’s rebranding of Reverse Wireless Charging. In other words, the mobile phone can be called a wireless power bank.
Unlike the rear tri-camera array in Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10 Plus, the Galaxy S10e arrives with two rear cameras. Those cameras comprise a 12MP primary shooter and 16MP ultra-wide sensor. A dual-LED flash helps in giving more explicit details during night shots.
The device’s Neural Engine integrates AI into these Pro-grade cameras for smarter photographs. Same can be said of the 10MP camera situated on the phone’s display.
Hardware and Software
In the hardware segment, every other thing remains the same. Exynos 9820 SoC and Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 SoC are the chipset variations for different market regions.
The former keeps up with octa-core 2.7GHz CPU and Mali-G76 GPU for efficiency and graphics. On the other hand, the latter works with octa-core 2.8GHz processor and the vibrant Adreno 640 GPU.
Whatever chip your Samsung Galaxy S10e comes with, it’s either coupled with 6GB RAM or 8GB RAM. In like manner, the storage is in iterations of 128GB and 256GB.
That’s more than enough room to save your files, but there’s even more expansion possibility via a MicroSD card. Samsung’s new One UI tops up the Android 9.0 Pie OS on the phone.
Samsung Galaxy S10e Pricing and Availability
Samsung Galaxy S10e in Nigeria starts at around ₦190,000. You can purchase the Samsung Galaxy S10e in online stores in Nigeria such as Jumia and Konga. The phone can also be bought in offline stores like Slot Nigeria.
Samsung Galaxy S10e Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy S10e:
- Platform: Android 9 (Pie), One UI, Samsung DeX
- Processor: Octa Core Processor, 2×2.7 GHz Mongoose M4 & 2×2.3 GHz Cortex-A75 & 4×1.9 GHz Cortex-A55 (Exynos 9820 Octa) Or Octa Core Processor, 1×2.8 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.4 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 485 (Qualcomm Snapdragon 855)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP12 or Adreno 640
- Memory: 6GB or 8GB RAM
- Colours: Prism White, Prism Black, Prism Green, Prism Blue, Canary Yellow, Flamingo Pink
- Dimension: 142.2 x 69.9 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 150g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM or Hybrid Dual SIM
- Display: 5.8-inch Dynamic AMOLED Display, 1440 x 2280 pixels, 438 ppi, Always-On Display, HDR10+
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 12MP (wide) + 16MP (ultrawide) Dual Camera
- Rear Camera Features: LED Flash, Auto-HDR, Panorama, Autofocus, Digital Zoom, f/2.4 (Telephoto), OIS (wide & Telephoto), f/1.5-2.4 (wide), Dual Pixel PDAF (wide), [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], video HDR, Dual-Video Recording
- Front Camera: 10MP Camera (f/1.9, wide)
- Built-in Storage: 128GB or 256GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 512GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: 800 / 1900 MHz (optional)
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes, optional
- 4G LTE: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 32(1500), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 66(1700/2100) – Global; 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 14(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 29(700), 30(2300), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 46, 66(1700/2100), 71(600) – USA
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes, Optional
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes USB-C 3.1
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes (optional)
- Loudspeaker: Yes, Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos/AKG Sound
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (side-mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes, Bixby
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes, Qi Wireless 15W
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes, Samsung Pay
- Water Resistant: Yes (1.5m of water in 30 minutes)
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 3,100mAh non-removable Li-Ion battery
- Talktime: –
- Wireless Powershare: Yes, 9W
- Fast Charging: Yes, Fast Charge 15W