The 2019 Samsung flagship series boasts of a new arrival known as the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. With this premium smartphone, Samsung redefines the display of its flagship smartphones.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus
Also, the phone comes with new killer features in all aspects ranging from punch-hole design, in-display fingerprint sensor, reverse wireless charging, and a five-camera setup including dual selfie cameras. For the records, it is the first Samsung Galaxy flagship phone with dual selfie cameras.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Key Specs & Features
- 6.4-inch, Dynamic AMOLED Capacitive Touchscreen, 1440 X 3040 pixels (522 ppi)
- Always On Display, HDR10+
- Android 9.0 (Pie), One UI with 12GB RAM
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 (USA, China, Latin America), Octa-core Exynos 9820 (EMEA)
- 128GB / 512GB / 1TB built-in storage and support memory card up to 512GB
- 12MP + 12MP + 16MP tri rear camera and 10MP + 8MP front camera
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint sensor (under Display)
- Fast Wireless Charging
- Water and Dust Proof (IP68 certification)
- 4,100mAh non removable Li-ion battery
Design and Display
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus establishes an upgraded version of the Infinity-O design due to the dual selfie camera sensors at its top right. Instead of taking the O shape like the Galaxy S10, the cutout takes the form of a pill. Nonetheless, it’s still called the Infinity-O display.
How this new design impacts the phone’s appearance is evident in the top and bottom reduced bezels. Physical buttons are arranged at the right and left sides of the smartphone. Volume buttons and the Bixby button are placed at the left side while the power button stays at the right.
Samsung’s inclusion of the Bixby button is questionable to an extent. Since the AI (that is Bixby) can be called to action through voice activation, a dedicated button seems unneeded.
On a few occasions, the Bixby button is mistaken for the volume controller. In such cases, an attempt to reduce volume could see you prompting Bixby. Well, a little more attention should mitigate such occurrences.
To unlock the smartphone, you don’t have to move your index finger to the back anymore; instead you’ll only place your thumb at the lower third of the smartphone’s screen. That’s the advantage of the ultrasonic in-display fingerprint sensor.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus is one of the first smartphones to feature an HDR10+ screen. HDR10 is common to flagship phone, but HDR10+ is popular among top smart TVs. This feature is supported on a 6.4-inch Dynamic AMOLED touchscreen balanced with 1080 x 2340 pixels resolution.
What’s more, the display gets a curved feel to itself for more aesthetics. Not only the display enjoys Corning Gorilla Glass protection (version 6), the phone’s back is also guarded by Gorilla Glass 5.
When talking about the big guns with the best cameras, you can’t help but think about the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. There’s a total of five stunning cameras on this device – two at the front and three at the back.
Starting from the front, 10MP and 8MP shooters are left in charge of taking mind boggling selfies. While the 10MP camera attends to regular photography, the 8MP sensor infuses depth information for smart bokehs. Given the absence of the iris scanner, the selfie cameras here offer Face identification on the smartphone.
On the reverse, triple cameras are arranged horizontally in like fashion as the S10. The main shooter in this pack is the 12MP primary sensor with variable apertures of f/1.5 and f/2.4.
Right next to it is the telephoto camera with 12MP lens and 2x optical zoom to influence portrait pictures. The ultra-wide lens makes it to the Samsung Galaxy premium lineup for the first time thanks to the 16MP ultra-wide sensor.
Battery and Wireless Powershare
There’s a complete turnaround in the power sector of this lineup, as revealed by the 4,100mAh battery. It scales beyond the 3K+ mAh battery we do see in Samsung Galaxy S phones. And I’m happy to inform you that the charging time is inversely proportional to the battery capacity. In simpler words, the phone charges at a high-speed rate because of the Fast Charging Technology 15W.
You don’t also have to carry USB-C cables all the time as there’s Wireless Charging technology in the smartphone. While charging wirelessly, the phone charges at the same pace as when USB chargers are used.
Let’s assume your friend’s iPhone XS Max is low on battery power, and your Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus has over 30% battery, you can charge the iPhone XS Max with your S10 Plus without cords. It’s a feature called Wireless Powershare. Once the feature is turned on on the Galaxy device, the other device is placed on it and charging begins.
Hardware and Software
If you’re based in USA, China and Latin America, the 7nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 is the chipset that powers your Galaxy S10 Plus. The superb SoC is loaded with Adreno 640 GPU and an octa-core CPU with a minimum speed of 1.7GHz and max speed of 2.8GHz.
European, Middle Eastern and African markets will enjoy the services of Exynos 9820 SoC with octa-core 2.7GHz CPU and Mali-G76 MP12 GPU.
In line with performance, both chipsets get the leisure of either 8GB or 12GB RAM. Also, there are three options when it comes to the ROM department. The variations are as follows: 128GB, 512GB and 1TB.
Fortunately enough, the storage can be extended with the employment of 512GB memory card. Samsung’s One UI skin refines the Android 9.0 Pie OS on the device.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus price in Nigeria starts at around ₦280,000. You can purchase the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus in online stores in Nigeria such as Jumia and Konga. The phone can also be bought in offline stores like Slot Nigeria.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus:
- Platform: Android 9 (Pie), One UI, Samsung DeX
- Processor: Octa Core Processor, 2×2.7 GHz Mongoose M4 & 2×2.3 GHz Cortex-A75 & 4×1.9 GHz Cortex-A55 (Exynos 9820 Octa) Or Octa Core Processor, 1×2.8 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.4 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 485 (Qualcomm Snapdragon 855)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP12 or Adreno 640
- Memory: 8GB or 12GB RAM
- Colours: Prism White, Prism Black, Prism Green, Prism Blue, Canary Yellow, Flamingo Pink, Ceramic Black, Ceramic White
- Dimension: 157.6 x 74.1 x 7.8 mm
- Weight: 175g / 198g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM or Hybrid Dual SIM
- Display: 6.4-inch Dynamic AMOLED Display, 1440 x 3040 pixels, 522 ppi, Always-On Display, HDR10+
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 12MP (wide) + 12MP (Telephoto) + 16MP (ultrawide) Tri-Camera
- Rear Camera Features: LED Flash, Auto-HDR, Panorama, Autofocus (Telephoto), 2x Optical Zoom (Telephoto), f/2.4 (Telephoto), OIS (wide & Telephoto), f/1.5-2.4 (wide), Dual Pixel PDAF (wide), [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], video HDR, Dual-Video Recording
- Front Camera: 10MP Camera (f/1.9, wide) + 8 MP, f/2.2 wide
- Built-in Storage: 128GB, 512GB or 1TB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 512GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: 800 / 1900 MHz (optional)
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes, optional
- 4G LTE: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 32(1500), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 66(1700/2100) – Global; 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 14(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 29(700), 30(2300), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 46, 66(1700/2100), 71(600) – USA
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes, Optional
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes USB-C 3.1
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes (optional)
- Loudspeaker: Yes, Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos/AKG Sound
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: Yes
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: Yes
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (under display)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes, Bixby
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes, Qi Wireless 15W
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes, Samsung Pay
- Water Resistant: Yes (1.5m of water in 30 minutes)
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4,100mAh non-removable Li-Ion battery
- Talktime: –
- Wireless Powershare: Yes, 9W
- Fast Charging: Yes, Fast Charge 15W