Realme has again introduced the Realme X50M mid-range smartphone with a 5G network in China. This phone is making it the third device in the X50 series. We already have the Realme X50 Pro that was announced in January, and then the Realme X50 Pro 5G announced in February.
This newly unveiled Realme X50M 5G packs some plenty of exciting features such as a 120Hz refresh rate supporting screen with a dual front-facing camera, Snapdragon 765G processor, 30W fast charging and a quad 48 MP cameras set-up.
Realme X50M 5G Key Specs & Features
- 6.57 inches IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~399 ppi)
- Android 10, Realme UI
- Octa-core Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G (7 nm)
- 6GB, 8GB RAM
- 128GB Built-in Storage
- 48 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 16 MP + 2 MP Dual Front Cameras
- 4G LTE Network
- 5G Network
- Fingerprint (Under-display)
- Fast charging 30W, 70% in 30 min
- 4200 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Realme X50M flaunts a glass body giving it’s a premium body looks. It has a smooth panel housing the camera set-up, an LED flash while the fingerprint scanner is on the screen. It measures 163.8 x 75.8 x 8.9 mm in dimensions and weight 194 grams.
On the front, it has a 6.57-inch IPS LCD panel with a pill-shaped cutout at the upper-left corner. The screen, on the other hand, features a Full HD+ resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels, an aspect ratio of 20:9, and a 120Hz refresh rate. It provides a screen-to-body ratio of 90.4 percent with display protection.
For selfies, the Realme X50M makes use of a wide-angle camera of 16-megapixel which is assisted by a 2-megapixel depth sensor.
Meanwhile, on the backside, it has a 48-megapixel primary shooter, a 119-degree 8-megapixel superwide lens, a 2-megapixel macro lens with 4cm focal length and a 2-megapixel black and white lens.
These cameras can record 4K videos at 30fps whereas the front camera support 1080p video shooting at 30fps. These cameras are impressive, however, the Realme X50 5G comes with a better camera as it packs a 16-megapixel (main) + 8-megapixel (ultrawide) dual selfie cameras.
While the back features the 64-megapixel main lens, a 12-megapixel telephoto shooter, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide lens, and a 2-megapixel macro sensor which will take better photos than this newly Realme X50M.
Hardware and Software
Underneath the android phone is a Snapdragon 765G octa-core processor based on 7nm process technology with an octa-core processor clocking at a speed of 2.4 GHz. It has Adreno 620 GPU for graphics and the SOC is paired with 8 GB of LPDDR4X RAM.
The inbuilt storage is 128GB. Users will get Realme UI based Android 10 OS comes pre-installed on the Realme X50m.
Battery and Network
Keeping the phone light up is a 4,200mAh battery. It has support for 30W Dart charting technology from the company which allows the phone to gain 70 percent battery by charging it for 30 minutes.
The Realme X50M has 5G support, dual-SIM, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, and USB-C. Other features include 1216 ultra-liner speakers with support for Hi-Res audio and Dolby panoramic sound effects.
Realme X50M 5G Price and Availability
The Realme X50M 5G is available in two models namely 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage and 8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage. The first model is selling at a price of $282, while the second cost $324 and the sell has already kick-off in China expected to go global.
In Nigeria, the Realme X50M 5G will cost about 125,000 Naira, while in Ghana, it will sell at a price of 1,800 Ghs and 32,000 Ksh in Kenya.
Realme X50M 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Realme X50M 5G:
- Platform: Android 10, Realme UI
- Processor: Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G (7 nm), Octa-core (1×2.4 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1×2.2 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 620
- Memory: 6GB, 8GB RAM
- Colours: Starry Blue, Galaxy White
- Dimension: 163.8 x 75.8 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 194 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.57 inches IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~399 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48 MP (wide) + 8 MP (ultrawide) + 2 MP (macro) + 2 MP (depth) Quad Cameras, [email protected], [email protected]/60fps; gyro-EIS
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 16 MP + 2 MP (depth) Camera, HDR, [email protected]/120fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes, CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: Yes, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: Yes, 1, 3, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infra Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: Yes, 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: Yes
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (side-mounted)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4200 mAh Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes