The Samsung Galaxy A Quantum takes mobile phone security up a notch. It is the first smartphone to feature a Quantum Random Generator chip, which makes it one of the most secure smartphones right now. Laying aside its quantum security tech, you have the same design and hardware as seen on the Samsung Galaxy A71 5G.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy A Quantum
Jumia Nigeria – See Offers | Jumia Kenya – See Offers | Jumia Ghana – See Offers
Samsung Galaxy A Quantum Key Specs and Features
- 6.7-inch, Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 Pixels (393PPI)
- Android 10.0; One UI 2
- Octa-core Exynos 980 (8 nm) Processor
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB Built-in Storage, With SD-Card Support
- 64MP + 12MP + 5MP + 5MP Quad-Rear Camera
- 32MP Front Camera
- 5G Support
- 4500 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
For starters, there is nothing quantum or high-tech about the Samsung Galaxy A quantum’s design. It features the same chassis as the Samsung Galaxy A71 5G. All placements were reserved.
On the rear, we still have the dual-tone pattern which comprises of a darker and lighter to color tone. The rear panel is also home to a square camera module which houses quad cameras and a camera flash. At the bottom we have the Samsung branding which indicates its a Samsung smartphone.
Upfront we have the same 6.7-inch Super AMOLED display which houses a punch-hole camera. This display has a screen resolution of 1080 x 2400 Pixels and a screen density of 393ppi.
The Samsung Galaxy A quantum features the same set cameras we saw on the Samsung Galaxy A71 5G, which sums up to it featuring one of the best camera setup on a mid-range smartphone.
The rear cameras setup of this Android smartphone comprises of a 64MP primary camera, a 12MP ultrawide camera, a 5MP macro camera, and a 5MP depth camera.
This rear camera setup is capable of 4k video record at 30fps, 1080p video record at 30 and 240fps, 1080p video record at 960fps. You also get HDR and Panorama for photos.
The Selfies are manned by a 32MP hole-punch camera, which is capable of shoot 1080p videos. It also has the HDR feature for photos.
Hardware and Software
Performance-wise, you have got smartphone hardware that comfortably sits in the upper mid-range category. It’s capable of running many tasks without little or no lags.
Powering this smartphone is an Octa-core Exynos 980 processor, a Mali-G76 MP5 graphics processing unit, 8GB of RAM, 128GB of internal storage, and a 4500mAh battery.
On the software side, the Samsung Galaxy A Quantum runs Samsung One UI 2 on top of the Android 10 operating system.
The Quantum Random Generation Chip
One of the features of Supercomputers is its ability to continuously create random numbers, which can be used to create unpredictable passwords. The release of the Samsung Galaxy A Quantum shows it’s now possible to feature this tech on smartphones.
Thanks to Samsung’s partnership with SK telecoms, the Samsung Galaxy A Quantum bears the title of the first smartphone to feature the Quantum random number generator chip.
The QRNG chip with model number SKT IDQ S2Q000 was developed by SK Telecoms to help generate random passkeys that help keep data on the Samsung Galaxy A Quantum safe from hackers.
Thanks to the Image sensor and the Light-emitting diode contained withing the QRNG chip, it is able to generate random numbers by calculating the number of photons in a certain area.
Only a few services are currently able to make use of this quantum tech, some of which are SK owned SK Pay and some carrier services.
The Samsung Galaxy A Quantum features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port, Bluetooth 5.0, Dual-band Wi-Fi, and NFC.
Thanks to its 5G support, enthusiasts who own this smartphone can stream, download, and upload content at 5G speeds.\
Samsung Galaxy A Quantum Price And Availability
The Price of the Samsung Galaxy A Quantum starts around $548, which is about 213,994 Naira, 58,554 Kenyan Shillings, and 3,157 Ghana Cedi.
The Samsung Galaxy A Quantum was announced on May 14 2020 and is expected to go on sale on May 22, 2020.
Also See the Samsung Galaxy A7 2017, the Samsung Galaxy Grand Max, the Samsung Galaxy V, the Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 Lite, and the Samsung Galaxy Core II.
Samsung Galaxy A Quantum Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy A Quantum:
- Platform: Android 10, One UI 2
- Processor: Octa-core Exynos 980 (2×2.2 GHz Cortex-A77 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP5
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Colours: Prism Cube Black, Prism Cube Sliver, Prism Cube Blue
- Dimension: 162.5 x 75.5 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 185 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.7 inches Super AMOLED Plus Display 1080 x 2400 pixels, (393 ppi density)
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64 MP (wide) f/1.8 + 12 MP (ultrawide) f/2.2 + 5 MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 5 MP (Depth) f/2.2 Quad Camera
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, PDAF, panorama, HDR, [email protected], [email protected]/240fps, [email protected]
- Front Camera: 32 MP Camera, f/2.2, HDR, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (microSDXC)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: –
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, Hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes 2.0, Type-C 1.0 Reversible Connector, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: –
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Under Display, Optical)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: –
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation:
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 4500 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 25W Fast Charging Capacity