The Vivo iQOO Neo 3 5G comes packed with smartphone hardware that debuts as suitable for a gaming smartphone. It improves on the Vivo iQOO 3 5G, offering a faster refresh rate, a bigger battery, and lots more while retaining a subtle chassis design that is void of gaming-centric elements like RGB lighting and air triggers.
Where to Buy Vivo Neo 3 5G
Vivo iQOO Neo 3 5G Key Specs & Features
- 6.57-inch Display, 1080 x 2408 Pixels, (402 PPI)
- Android 10; iQOO UI 1.0
- Octa-core Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+)
- 48MP + 8MP + 2MP Quad Rear Camera
- 16MP Front Camera
- 6GB / 8GB / 12GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB Inbuilt Storage
- Fingerprint Scanner (Side Mounted)
- 44W Fast Charge
- 4500mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Vivo iQOO Neo 3 5G design is sort of a replicates what we had on the Vivo iQOO 3 5G. Its the same subtle design that hides the fact that its features internals that makes for a good gaming smartphone.
The rear panel on this smartphone is home to a triple camera system a camera flash and the iQOO 5G branding. We have also got a new set of rear panel colors, which show disparity with the colors we had on the Vivo iQOO 3 5G.
Upfront we have a 6.57-inch display, with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2408 a screen density of 402 PPI. You also get a 144Hz refresh rate for a smoother experience, something we first saw on the ZTE Nubia Red Magic 5G smartphone.
The Vivo iQOO Neo 3 5G settles for a quad-camera system as opposed to the pental camera system we saw on the Vivo iQOO 3 5G. Aside from having lesser cameras, we also have camera sensors that are sort of inferior to its sibling.
Its rear camera system is home to a 48MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2, and a 2 macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4 for taking close up photos.
This rear camera system is capable of shooting 4k videos at 30fpos, 1080 videos. You also get HDR and Panorama mode for photos.
Selfies are manned by a 16MP camera which is also capable of shooting 1080p videos and also photos in HDR mode.
Considering the strength of the cameras on other flagships, it’s easy to tell Vivo didn’t really flex their muscles here.
Hardware and Software
The Vivo iQOO Neo 3 5G comes packed with flagship high-end specs combo tuned to be a task crusher. Power intensive tasks can be run on this smartphone with little or no lag.
Inside this smartphone, you have got an Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor, an Adreno 650 GPU, 6GB / 8GB / 12GB RAM, 128GB or 256 GB of internal storage and a 4500mAh non-removable battery.
On the software side, you have got iQOO UI 1.0 user interface running on the Android 10.0 operating system.
The Vivo iQOO Neo 3 5G features a 3.5mm jack and the USB Type C (USB 2.0). Other connectivity options include dual-band Wi-Fi, NFC, and Bluetooth 5.1.
Thanks to its 5G support, you will be able to download files and stream videos with 5G speeds, as long as you are in an area with 5G reception.
Vivo iQOO Neo 3 5G Price and Availability
The price of the Vivo iQOO 3 5G is around $388.31, which is about 151,250 Naira, 41,665 Kenyan shillings, and 2,252 Ghana cedi.
The Vivo iQOO Neo 3 5G was announced on April 23, 2020, and is expected to go on sale later on April 29, 2020.
Vivo iQOO Neo 3 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Vivio iQOO Neo 3 5G:
- Platform: Android 10; iQOO UI 1.0
- Processor: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon SM8250 865 (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Memory: 6GB / 8GB / 12GB
- Colours: Blue, Black/Dark Blue
- Dimension: 163.7 x 75.6 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 198.1 g
- SIM Type: Nano
- SIM Count: Dual
- Display: 6.57-inch 1080 x 2408 pixels, (402 PPI)
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (wide) f/1.8 + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2 + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4 Triple Cameras
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 16MP Camera, f/2.0, HDR, 1080p @ 30fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: 800 / 1900 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 18, 19, 25, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: 1, 3, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Dual-Band, Wi-Fi Direct, Hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: –
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 4500mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 40W, Super Flash Charge 2.0