The Xiaomi Redmi 9C is a budget smartphone. It’s the more affordable version of the Redmi 9 and the device packs a monster 5000 mAh battery capacity. Xiaomi Redmi 9C sports a 6.53-inch IPS display and three cameras on the back.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Redmi 9C
This phone will make the best buy for those that need more battery than performance. It has average specifications and also a triple rear camera set-up.
Xiaomi Redmi 9C Key Specs & Features
- 6.53 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~269 PPI)
- Android 10, MIUI 12
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio G35 (12 nm)
- 2GB RAM / 3GB RAM / 4GB RAM
- 32GB / 64GB Built-in Storage up to 128GB Memory Card
- 13 MP + 5 MP + 2 MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 5 MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE Network
- Fingerprint Scanner (Rear)
- 5000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Xiaomi Redmi 9C has a nice body design. At first glance, it looks like the new iTel P36 phone. However, looking closely you will get to notice the visible triple cameras alongside the LED flash. Below is the Redmi logo which is an indication that the phone is in the Redmi series.
There is also a fingerprint scanner. The Xiaomi Redmi 9C has a waterdrop notch offering a large screen display size of 6.53 inches under the IPS LCD panel.
The screen has a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels, a tall 20:9 ratio, and 269 PPI density. It’s equipped with a glass that is scratch resistant.
As for the camera, the Chinese OEM equipped the device with a triple shooter. The primary camera is 13 MP wide with another 5 MP macro camera and lastly, is the 2 MP depth, sensor helper.
The camera has an LED flash to capture bright photos in a dark environment. There is also HDR, and panorama. Upfront is a single 5 MP snapper featuring HDR and can shoot the same 2K videos as the main camera.
Hardware and Software
On the performance, the Redmi 9C packs the newly launched Helio G35 chipset by Mediatek. The SOC is based on 12nm process technology and has an octa-core processor clocking at a speed of 2.3 GHz.
The smartphone has PowerVR GE8320 for graphics and runs on an Android 10 operating system with MIUI 12 on top.
The onboard storage is 32GB or 64GB with 2GB, 3GB, or 4GB RAM. The phone has a dedicated slot on the inside that you can use to expand the memory.
Battery and Network
The Xiaomi Redmi 9C is blessed with a massive 5000 mAh. The company claims the battery will last for many hours under normal usage. Sadly it lacks fast charging technology. This means you have to use the recommended 2.0, Type-C 1.0 USB for charging.
The dual SIM on the phone have a 4G LTE network while other features include Wi-Fi, GPS for location tracking, and Bluetooth 5.0.
Xiaomi Redmi 9C Price and Availability
Xiaomi Redmi 9C price starts at around $109 at leading global online stores and will ship in Blue and other amazing colors.
In Nigeria, the smartphone will sell at a price of 50,000 Naira, 700 Ghs in Ghana, and 13,500 Ksh in Kenya.
Xiaomi Redmi 9C Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Redmi 9C:
- Platform: Android 10, MIUI 12
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G35 (12 nm), Octa-core 2.3 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320 (680 MHz)
- Memory: 2GB RAM, 3GB RAM, 4GB RAM
- Colours: Twilight Blue, Midnight Grey, Sunrise Orange
- Dimension: 164.9 x 77.07 x 9.0 mm
- Weight: 196g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.53 inch IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~269 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 13 MP (wide) + 5 MP (macro) + 2 MP (depth) Triple Cameras, [email protected]
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 5 MP Camera, HDR, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 32GB or 64GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: USB 2.0, USB Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 5000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: up 33 hours, up to 19 hours video playback
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: No