The Asus Rog Phone 3 Strix is a slightly less powerful version of the standard Asus ROG Phone 3. The main story here is the migration from the Snapdragon 865 Plus processor, to the standard Snapdragon 865 processor, which is 10% slower. You also get much lower RAM. Every other feature is pretty much the same.
Where to Buy ASUS ROG Phone 3 Strix
Asus ROG Phone 3 Strix Key Specs & Features
- 6.59 inch AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels (391 PPI), HDR10, 19.5:9 Aspect Ratio
- Android 10, ROG UI
- Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7nm+)
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB Built-in Storage
- 64MP + 13MP + 5MP Triple Rear camera
- 24MP Front Camera
- 5G Support
- Fingerprint Scanner (Under Display)
- Fast Charge (30W Capacity)
- 6000mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
There isn’t really much to say about the chassis design of the Asus Rog Phone 3 Strix. This is due to the fact that its a mirror of the standard Asus Rog Phone 3. It bears the same build and the same chassis placements.
Speaking of build, the build of this smartphone comprises of Gorilla glass 6 upfront, Gorilla glass 3 on the rear and aluminum frame.
Much like its more premium sibling, wireless charging as well as water and dust resistance, which is sought of bizarre for a smartphone with this kind of build.
Asus claimed the reason they didn’t feature wireless charge, was because of need space for other more imperative features. The reason the Rog Phone 3 Strix is not water-resistant, is because of the air vents on the rear.
On the rear of this smartphone, you will find a triple camera setup, and LED flash, an air vent, and the ROG logo, which indicates its an Asus smartphone.
Upfront we have a 6.59 inch AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340, a screen density of 391 PPI, HDR10+ support, and a 144Hz refresh rate, which is the exact same refresh rate on the Red magic 5G.
The camera department bears the same cameras and sensors on the more premium Asus ROG phone 3. This camera department comprises of a triple camera system on the rear and a single camera up front for selfies.
The triple rear camera comprises of a 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, a 13MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.4 and a 5MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.0.
Selfies are taken with a single 24MP front camera with an aperture of f/2.0. This camera is capable of shooting videos maxed at 1080p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
As discussed in the intro paragraph, the hardware combo here is pretty identical to that of the standard Asus Rog Phone 3, with an exception to the processor and RAM variants, which saw a drop.
Powering the Asus Rog Phone 3 Strix is an Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor, which is 10% lower than the Snapdragon 865 Plus on the ROG phone 3.
You also get an Adreno 650 graphics processing unit, 8GB iRAM , 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage options and non-removable 6000mAh battery
On the software side, you have got the ROG user interface running on the Android 10 operating system.
The Asus Rog Phone 3 Strix features two USB type-c ports, NFC, Bluetooth 5.1 dual-band wifi, and lots more.
Internet connectivity is capped at 5G, which means enthusiasts can stream, download, and upload at 5G speed provided they are in an area with 5G reception.
Asus ROG Phone 3 Strix Price and Availability
ASUS ROG Phone 3 Strix price starts at around $550 at leading global online stores. It is expected at around 367,000 Naira in Nigeria, 101,618 KSH in Kenya, and 5,442 GHC in Ghana.
The Asus Rog Phone 3 Strix was announced on July 22 2020 and will be on sale from Aug 2020.
Asus Rog Phone 3 Strix Specs
Here are a few specs of the Asus Rog Phone 3 Strix:
- Platform: Android 10, ROG UI
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (1×3.1 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Colours: Black Glare
- Dimension: 171 x 78 x 9.9 mm
- Weight: 240 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.59-inch AMOLED Capacitive Touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 Pixels, 144Hz Refresh Rate, 391 PPI, HDR 10+, 650 Nits Max Brightness (Advertised)
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Primary) f/2.8 + 13MP (Ultrawide) f/2.4 + 5MP (Macro) f/2.0 Camera
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps, [email protected]/60/240fps, [email protected]; gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 24MP Camera, f/2.0
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Two (Side 3.1, Bottom 2.0) Type-C 1.0 Reversible Connector; Accessory Connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS, GNSS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (Under Display, Optical)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 6000 mAh Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, 30W Capacity