Blinds have been in vogue since decades. Available in a wide variety of colours, designs and fabrics, this easy to draw window treatment offers adequate privacy as well as protection from the bright UV rays.
The best part is that there is no need to seek professional help to install it. In this article, we shall acquaint you with the simple steps to install vertical blinds.
So let’s get started.
Tools to Install Vertical Blinds
Very few tools are needed to install vertical blinds. These include drilling machine, screwdriver, measuring tape, level tool, pencil and hammer. You may require a step ladder if the shades are to be installed at a height. You may even climb up a stool to mount them in such a case.
Besides, you must unpack the blinds and place them systematically before starting with the procedure. Any decorative cover such as valance must also be uncovered and kept along. Same goes for the mounting hardware.
It must be unpacked and kept systematically so that you don’t have to waste time looking for things as you start with the procedure.
Procedure to Install Vertical Blinds
Here’s a look at the simple steps to install vertical blinds:
- The first step is to place your valance in a way that it is perfectly aligned with the edge of the window and faces the room.
- The bracket clips must be set three inches in from the right as well as left edges. These shall serve as templates for marking the starter holes for screws.
- Mark where the screws should go by tapping the starter holes through bracket’s top slot.
- Now, fix the screws through the valance into the mounting surface for the brackets.
- The front of the head rail should now be inserted in the brackets and rotated to affix it properly.
- Hang the blinds in a way that its slats or vanes are spaced evenly. Pull the cord to rotate the openings in a way that they face the interiors of the rooms.
- Attach the first vane by sliding it into the plastic stem so that it falls in place. Carefully, attach all the vanes in a similar manner.
- Pull the cord to open and close the blinds and tilt the slats to check if the installation has been done properly.
Quick Tips to Choose Suitable Blinds
You will get a wide variety of vertical blinds in the market. It can be quite difficult to choose one among the various available options as all of them appear equally beautiful. It is best to consider your exact requirement while choosing a piece for your place.
Window treatments in thick fabric and darker shades, for instance, are apt for areas that face bright sunlight and harmful UV rays. Likewise, water resistant blinds are a good option for areas constantly exposed to water/moisture. The areas that aren’t exposed to direct sunlight should have shades in thinner fabric and lighter hues.
We hope this piece of writing helps you choose the most suitable blinds for your place and also enables you to install them properly.
- Best Paper Shredders for Home and Office Use
- Best Espresso Machines for Home and Office Use
- The Complete Guide to Smart Home Tech for Pets