The Oppo Reno 4 is the non-5G version of the previously released Oppo Reno 4 5G. Aside from not having 5G support, you are also served a lower processor, lower storage option, slower charging speeds and lots more. This can be likened to the scenario we had with the Oppo Reno 3 and the Oppo Reno 3 5G.
Oppo Reno 4 Key Specs and Features
- 6.4-inch Super AMOLED, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 411 PPI
- Android 10; ColorOS 7.2
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G (8 nm)
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB Built-in Storage, With SD-Card Support
- 48MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 32MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Under display)
- Fast Charging (30W Capacity)
- 4015mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
There isn’t really much to say about the design. The Oppo Reno 4 features the same chassis design as the Oppo Reno 4 5G. The difference here is the available colour options. Here we have Galactic Blue, Space Black as colour options, meanwhile the Reno 4 5G has triple colour option which includes Black, Blue, Purple.
Aside from featuring different colour options, there is also a drop in build properties. The build on here is dominated by plastic, we have plastic on the rear covering and on the frame, which is as opposed to glass and aluminium combo on the 5G version.
Moving to the display, we have a 6.4 inch AMOLED on here. This display has a resolution of 1080 x 2400 and a screen density of 411 PPI.
The Oppo Reno 4 features quad rear camera setup as opposed to the 5G version which featured a triple camera setup. This new camera setup introduces a macro camera.
The rear cameras on this Android phone comprise of a 48MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.7, an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2, 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4 and a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4.
This rear camera setup is capable of shooting video maxed out at 4K @ 30fps. You also get 1080p video and also HDR and Panorama mode for photos.
Selfies are manned by a single 32MP camera with an aperture of f/2.4. This camera is capable of shooting videos capped at 1080p @ 30fps. You also get HDR mode for photos.
Hardware and Software
As mentioned in the introductory paragraph, there is a drop in processing power. The Oppo Reno 4 opts for a Snapdragon 720G processor, as opposed to the Snapdragon 765 processor on the more premium Oppo Reno 4 5G.
Other features facilitating performance here include an Andreno 618 graphics processing unit, 8GB RAM, 128GB built-in storage, and a non-removable 4015 mAh battery.
On the software side, we have got ColorOS 7.2 user interface running on the Android 10 operating system.
The Oppo Reno 4 features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type C Port, and dual-band Wi-FI and Bluetooth 5.1.
Internet connectivity on the Oppo Reno 4 is capped is at 4G, which means enthusiasts won’t be getting 5G internet speed.
Oppo Reno 4 Price and Availability
The price of the Oppo Reno 4 price starts around $390, which is about 150,875 Naira in Nigeria, 2,257 GHC in Ghana, and 42,242 KSH in Kenya.
The Oppo Reno 4 was announced on July 29th and is currently available for purchase from leading online retail stores.
Oppo Reno 4 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Oppo Reno 4
- Platform: Android 10, ColorOS 7.2
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G (2×2.3 GHz Kryo 465 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 465 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 618
- Memory: 8GB
- Colours: Galactic Blue, Space Black
- Dimension: 160.3 x 73.9 x 7.7 mm
- Weight: 165 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.4-inch Super AMOLED Display, 2400 x 1080 Pixels, 402 PPI
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (Primary) f/1.7 + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2 + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected], [email protected]
- Front Camera: 32MP, f/2.4, [email protected], HDR
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- Maps: Yes, Google Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (Under display)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes, Google Assistant
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 4015 mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: VOOC 4.0 30W
More on Oppo
- Oppo F11 Pro
- Oppo A3s
- Best 5G Phones
- Cheap Android Phones
- Oppo Reno
- Oppo Reno 5G
- Best 4G Phones
- Best Android Phones
- Oppo Phones
- Oppo A5s
- Compare Prices of Mobile Phones