The ZTE Nubia Red Magic 5S is a follow up of the ZTE Red Magic 5G. The main story here is the inclusion of the Snapdragon 865 Plus processor, which makes it 10% faster. This processor bump basically the only upgrade we have here, as all other features are the same with that of the Red Magic 5s. Its the same display, battery size, RAM options, storage options e.t.c
Where to Buy ZTE Red Magic 5S
ZTE Nubia Red Magic 5S Key Specs & Features
- 6.65-inch AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 144Hz Refresh Rate (388 PPI)
- Android 10; Redmagic 3.0
- Octa-core Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865
- 8GB / 12GB / 16GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB Built-in Storage
- 64MP + 8MP + 2MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 8MP Front Camera
- RGB Light Panel
- Pressure Sensitive Zones (300Hz touch-sensing)
- Built-in Cooling Fan
- Fingerprint (Under Display, Optical)
- 5G Network Support
- Fast charging (55W Capacity)
- Non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh Battery
Design and Display
The design on the ZTE Nubia Red Magic 5S is a reminisce of what we saw on the Red Magic 5G. The only difference here is the color options. The color options available here include Silver, Blue/Red.
Having the same design with the former means enthusiasts who purchase this smartphone will be settling for the same gamer-oriented design with features that make gaming on a smartphone enjoyable.
The Highlights of this design, include shoulder trigger buttons zones, which can be mapped with game controls, to eliminate the need to have game controls on the screen which reduces the screen estate. This deployment is similar to the Ultrasonic trigger buttons on the Lenovo Legion duel.
Still on chassis features that make for a good gaming experience. There are air vents on the sides with a fan cooling down the internals, which in turn dampens the heat that arises from gaming for long. You also get RGB lights, a design element that has grown to become accustomed to gaming devices.
The display on the Nubia Red Magic 5s is a 6.55-inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels, density of 388 PPI, and a 144Hz refresh rate, which helps in making gameplay smooth.
On to the chassis build, we have gorilla glass upfront, gorilla glass on the rear, and aluminum on the rear. Please note that this smartphone isn’t water or dust resistant and that it also doesn’t support wireless charging.
The cameras on the ZTE Nubia Red Magic 5S are exactly the same as what we got on the earlier released Nubia Red Magic 5G. Its the same triple camera system on the rear and the same single camera system upfront.
The rear camera department features a 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.0, and a 2MP macro camera.
This rear camera setup is capable of shooting videos capped 8k @ 15 fps, which is sort of similar to Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5G other video modes include [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/120/240fps
Selfies are manned by an 8MP primary camera with an aperture of f/2.0. This camera is capable of shooting videos capped at 1080p at 30fps.
Hardware and Software
The ZTE Nubia Red Magic 5S plays big in processing power by featuring an Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus processor, which is 10% faster than the standard Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor on the ZTE Nubia Red Magic 5G.
All other features remain the same as the Nubia Red Magic 5G. We have the same Adreno 650 graphics processing unit, 8GB / 12GB / 16GB RAM options, 128GB / 256GB RAM options and a non-removable 4500 mAh Li-Po battery. You also get a 55W fast charge mechanism.
On the software side, the ZTE Nubia Red Magic 5S runs the Redmagic 3.0 user interface on top of the Android 10 operating system.
The ZTE Nubia Red Magic 5S features a 3.5mm headphone jack and a USB Type-C port. It also features NFC, Bluetooth 5.1, and dual-band Wifi.
Thanks to its 5G support, enthusiasts can download, upload and stream content at 5G speeds provided they have 5G reception in their area.
ZTE Nubia Red Magic 5S Price and Availability
ZTE Nubia Red Magic 5S price starts at around $545, which translates to 206,555 Naira in Nigeria, 3,139 GHC in Ghana, and 58,889 KSH in Kenya.
The ZTE Nubia Red Magic 5S was announced on July 28th, 2020 is currently available for purchase.
ZTE Nubia Red Magic 5S Specs
Here are a few specs of the ZTE Nubia Red Magic 5S Specs:
- Platform: Android 10, Redmagic 3.0
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Memory: 8GB / 12GB / 16GB
- Colours: Silver, Blue/Red
- Dimension: 168.6 x 78 x 9.8 mm
- Weight: 220 g
- SIM Type: Nano
- SIM Count: Dual
- Display: 6.65 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 144Hz Refresh Rate (388 PPI)
- Screen Protection: Gorilla Glass
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Wide) f/1.8 + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.0 + 2MP (Macro)
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/120/240fps
- Front Camera: 8 MP, f/2.0, HDR, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: 2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 12, 17, 18, 19, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: 41, 78, 79 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, aptX, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: 3.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go; Accessory Connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor:
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (Under Display, Optical)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 4500 mAh Li-Po
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 55W Capacity