The Ulefone Armor 9E is a sequel to the previously released Ulefone Armor 9. It comes in a very identical chassis in both aesthetics and ruggedness, Packing in similar hardware. It bears a lot of the star features we got acquainted with on the former but forfeits the thermal image camera, which paves way for a new camera that facilitates a different camera setup.
Where to Buy Ulefone Armor 9E
Ulefone Armor 9E Key Specs & Features
- 6.3-inch IPS LCD Display, 2340 x 1080 pixels (424 ppi)
- Android 10
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio P90 Processor (12nm)
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB Built-in Storage, With SD-Card Support up to 2TB
- Endoscope Camera Support
- 64MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP Quad Rear Camera
- 8MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint (Side-Mounted)
- IP68 & IP69K Dust & Water-resistant
- Fast Charging (18W Capacity)
- 6600 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
As mentioned in the introductory paragraph, both the Armor 9E and the Amor 9 bear a very identical chassis design, As such, the chassis of you being able to differentiate both smartphones from just merely perusing the chassis are pretty slim.
Engulfing the smartphone hardware within is a rugged chassis, with the same parameters we got on the former. The parameters show that it can survive tough conditions.
It has an IP68 / IP69k rating, which means it can withstand drops from a height of 1.2m, survive being submerged in water 1.5m for 30 minutes. What’s more, it’s also dust resistant.
The display wasn’t left out on the measures taking to making it rugged. Its instilled 6.3-inch IPS LCD display is fortified with scratch-resistant glass and oleophobic coating, in a similar fashion to what we got on the former.
The camera department lies in the dichotomy that sets both smartphones apart. The Ulefone Armor 9E is basically gonna suit enthusiasts who prefer a more traditional camera set up to having a thermal imaging camera.
Whereas it retains the same 64MP primary camera, the absence of the thermal imaging camera paved way for more secondary camera setup.
Onboard we have an 8MP ultrawide camera with a FOV of 99.9° and an aperture of f/2.4. We also have a 2MP depth camera and another 2MP secondary camera. The rear camera setup supports 4k, 1080p, 720p, and 480p video recording all at 30fps.
Selfies are manned by the same single 8MP camera with an aperture of f/2.2. It supports 1080p, 720p and 480p video recording all at 30fps.
What’s more, the Ulefone Armor 9E retains the Endorscope camera we saw on the standard Ulefone 9. This means you have support for a camera that lets you look into tiny spaces.
Hardware and Software
On the performance side, we have got the same facilitators. We have got the same specs sheet we had on the Standard Ulefone Amor 9.
Contained in the chassis, is an Octa-core MediaTek Helio P90 Processor, a IMG 9XM-HP8 GPU, 8GB of RAM, 128GB of internal storage, and a non-removable 6600 mAh battery. You also get the luxury of an 18W fast charging mechanism.
On the software side, we have got stock Android user interface running on the Android 10 operation system.
The Ulefone Armor 9E features a USB Type C port. Other connectivity options include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, and NFC.
Internet connectivity is capped at 4G, which means enthusiasts won’t have access to 5G internet speed. However, they can stream, download, and upload at 4G speed.
Ulefone Armor 9E Price and Availability
The price of the Ulefone Armor 9E is around $369.99, which translates to 179,067 Naira in Nigeria, 51,012 KSH in Kenya, and 2,719 GHC in Ghana.
The Ulefone Armor 9E is currently available for purchase. In comes in black, as there are no other colour variants.
Ulefone Armor 9E Specs
Here are a few specs of the Ulefone Armor 9E:
- Platform: Android 10
- Processor: Octa-core MediaTek Helio P90 (2.5GHz quad-core ARM Cortex A77 + 2.0GHz quad-core ARM Cortex A55)
- GPU: IMG 9XM-HP8
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Colours: Black
- Dimension: 82.0 x 1682 x 15.0 mm
- Weight: 320 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.3-inch IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Primary) f/1.89 + 8MP (Ultrawide) 99.9° FOV, F/2.4 + 2MP + 2MP (Depth) Quad Camera, plus a built-in FLIR Lepton Thermal Imaging Camera
- Rear Camera Features: OIS, HDR, Panorama, Face detection, Geotagging
- Front Camera: 8MP Camera, f/2.2
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (Up to 2TB)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: B2/3/5/8/19
- 2G CDMA 1X: BC0/BC1
- 3G WCDMA: B1/2/4/5/8
- 3G CDMA EVDO: BC0/BC1
- 4G LTE: B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/17/18/19/20/25/26/28A
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: –
- WLAN: 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, 802.11n 5GHz, 802.11ac
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5 LE, Low Energy Consumption
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: MID, FLAC, MKA, APE, MP3, M4A, AAC, AMR, WAV
- Video Player: MOV, FIV, MKV, AVI, 3GP
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: –
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: Yes (IP68 Rating)
- Dust Resistant: Yes (IP69k Rating)
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 6600mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: Up to 42 Hours
- Standby Time: Up to 510 Hours
- Fast Charging: 18W Fast Charging Capacity