The Ulefone Armor 9 improves on its predecessor the Ulefone Armor 7, in a manner that makes it not just a smartphone, but also a tool that may come in handy for professionals like engineers, military personnels, and lots more. Highlights of this smartphone include a thermal imaging camera, connectors for endoscope cameras, and lots more.
Where to Buy Ulefone Armor 9
Ulefone Armor 9 Key Specs & Features
- 6.3-inch IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels (424 PPI)
- Android 10
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio P90 Processor
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB Built-in Storage, With SD-Card Support
- FLIR Lepton Thermal Imaging Camera
- Endoscope Camera Support
- 64MP + 2MP + 5MP Triple Rear Camera
- 8MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint (Side-Mounted)
- IP68 & IP69K Dust & Water-resistant
- Fast Charging (18W Capacity)
- 6600 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
Over the years, Ulefone has grown to become one of the top players in the category of cheap Android smartphones that offers top-shelf tough chassis.
Ulefone Armor 9 shows that Ulefone isn’t going to relent anything soon. Ulefone is once again offering enthusiasts with a solid smartphone with top-notch dust and water resistance.
It’s tough to ignore the fact that this smartphone was built like a tank, its sturdy build is a clear pointer. It is void of fragile parts, nothing really to be super careful about.
The Ulefone Armor 9 has an IP68 and IP6K rating which means its dust and water-resistant. It also drop-proof from a height of about 1.2m. This means enthusiasts do not have to super careful the way they handle their phones. A luxury Samsung Galaxy S20 users no nothing about.
Perusing its chassis, you will find a camera module on the rear, which houses a set of cameras, including a thermal imaging camera. Beneath the camera is an LED flash. You will also find the Ulefone branding which indicates its a Ulefone smartphone.
Upfront is a 6.3-inch IPS LCD display with a teardrop notch. This display has a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 and a screen density of 424 PPI.
The Ulefone Armor 9 comes packed with a camera setup that not only improves on its predecessor but also adapts to the needs of enthusiasts who would love to have a smartphone of this nature.
For starters, it comes packed with a bigger 64MP primary rear camera as opposed to the 48MP primary camera on the Ulefone Armor 7. Other cameras include a 2MP depth camera and another 5MP secondary camera.
A Thermal Imaging Camera
The fact that smartphones in the Ulefone Armor series bear some features that makes it suitable for engineers, factory dwellers, and military personnel creates a driving force for it’s OEM to pack in more features that make it more than just a communication device, but rather a tool in the hands of the aforementioned sect
The Ulefone Armor 9 debuted as the first Ulefone smartphone to feature a thermal imaging camera, which will help in reading heat signals of objects. This comes after the likes of the Cat S60 from years back.
Aside from the Thermal imaging camera, The Ulefone Armor 9 also features a connector that allows its owners to connect an endoscope camera which can be used to view areas hands can’t get to, areas like inside your sink e.t.c
Selfies are manned by an 8MP camera. Selfies are supported by an on-screen flash for bright images.
Hardware and Software
The Ulefone Armor 9 shares a very familiar specs sheet with that of its predecessor the Armor 7, so enthusiasts should expect very similar performance.
It features the same Octa-core MediaTek Helio P90 Processor, a PowerVR GM9446 GPU, 8GB of RAM, 128GB of internal storage, and a non-removable 6600 mAh battery.
On the software side, it runs its user interface on top of the Android 10 operating system.
The Ulefone Armor 9 features a USB Type C port. Other connectivity options include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, and NFC.
Internet connectivity is capped at 4G, which means enthusiasts won’t have access to 5G internet speed. However, they can stream, download, and upload at 4G speed.
Ulefone Armor 9 Price and Availability
The Ulefone Armor 9 will be launching on KickStarter with an early bird price starting at $429. You can also buy it bundled with multipurpose protective case $445 or with a 3 in 1 waterproof endoscope for $449.
You can also buy the Ulefone Armor 9 bundled with a multipurpose protective case and a 3 in 1 waterproof endoscope for $464.
Ulefone Armor 9 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Ulefone Armor 9:
- Platform: Android 10
- Processor: Octa-core MediaTek Helio P90 (2.5GHz quad-core ARM Cortex A77 + 2.0GHz quad-core ARM Cortex A55)
- GPU: IMG PowerVR GM 9446
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Colours: Black, Orange
- Dimension: 82.0 x 1682 x 15.0 mm
- Weight: 320 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.3-inch IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Primary) f/1.89 + 8MP + 2MP Triple Camera, plus a built-in FLIR Lepton Thermal Imaging Camera
- Rear Camera Features: OIS, HDR, Panorama, Face detection, Geotagging
- Front Camera: 8MP Camera, f/2.2
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: CDMA BC0 (800), CDMA BC1 (1900), B2 (1900), B3 (1800), B5 (850), B8 (900)
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: B1 (2100), B2 (1900), B4 (1700/2100 AWS A-F), B5 (850), B8 (900), B34 (TD 2000), B39 (TD 1900+)
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: B1 (2100), B2 (1900), B3 (1800), B4 (1700/2100 AWS 1), B5 (850), B7 (2600), B8 (900), B12 (700), B13 (700), B17 (700), B18 (800), B19 (800), B20 (800), B25 (1900+), B26 (850), B28 (700), B34 (TDD 2100), B38 (TDD 2600), B39 (TDD 1900), B40 (TDD 2300), B41 (TDD 2500), B66 (1700/2100)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: –
- WLAN: 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, 802.11n 5GHz, 802.11ac
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5 LE, Low Energy Consumption
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: –
- Navigation: GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, Rear Mounted
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: –
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: Yes (IP68 Rating)
- Dust Resistant: Yes (IP69k Rating)
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 6600mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 18W Fast Charging Capacity