The Vivo Y20 is a budget smartphone that brings in more power for fun. The handset has a large battery of 5000 mAh and it also comes with a large display size of 6.51 inches and a side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
It was announced alongside the Vivo Y20i, which is also marketed as the 3GB RAM model of the Vivo Y20 is some countries like Nigeria.
Vivo Y20 Key Specs & Features
- 6.51 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~270 ppi)
- Android 10, Funtouch 10.5
- Octa-core Qualcomm SM4250 Snapdragon 460 (11 nm)
- 3GB RAM (a.k.a. Vivo Y20i) / 4GB RAM / 6GB RAM (a.k.a Vivo Y20s)
- 64GB / 128GB (Y20s) Built-in Storage up to 256GB Memory Card
- 13 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 8 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint (side-mounted)
- 4G LTE Network
- Fast Charging 18W
- 5000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Vivo Y20 parades a similar body design with the Realme 7 device. It has a nice looking panel that features a perfectly polished 2.5D which is light, ergonomic, and fits in any palm. It’s available in an eye-popping new color that adds to its signature style.
The dawn white color option is inspired by a soft morning horizon which looks like an outpouring of light, ready to brighten the day. The overall body measures 164.4 x 76.3 x 8.4 mm and weighs 192.3 grams.
On the front, the Vivo Y20 waterdrop screen offers a 6.51 inches FullView Display featuring an elongated aspect ratio of 20:9 and HD+ (1600 x 720) resolution.
As you can see, the view is bigger and immersive as well. Furthermore, with the latest In-cell technology, the display will be more colorful, too. It will deliver crystal clear detail and will be ideal for gaming and videos.
The Vivo Y20 has an AI Triple Macro camera which is supported by a wide range of features, such as Face Beauty, Portrait Light Effects, and Selfie Filters. You can even switch perspectives to turn all the wonderful things in front of your eyes into master shots.
The primary camera is a 13 MP rear and it has an f/2.2 large aperture and PDAF technology. The camera is assisted by 2 MP for bokeh mode and another 2 MP macro camera.
Hardware and Software
With the Qualcomm Snapdragon 460 processor present on the inside, the Vivo Y20 will handle different games with ease. Meanwhile, the inbuilt storage is 64GB + 4GB RAM. Another variant also marketed as the Vivo Y20s in some countries comes with 128GB and 4GB / 6GB RAM.
On the flip side, there is a model with 3GB RAM and 64GB storage, which is also known as the Y20i in some countries.
It lets users install and run as many apps as you like without any issues. The triple card slot supports memory card expansion up to 256GB and it’s dedicated for SDcard.
The handset runs on Android 10 OS with Funtouch 10.5 on top. There is also a Multi-Turbo 3.0 which includes a Center Turbo that works at the system’s base level, while the AI Turbo predicts and resolves system abnormalities often caused by third-party apps even before they occur.
Additionally is an Ultra Game Mode that increases the gaming performance and a newly added Game Album and Screen Recording function that can be activated with just one tap on the sliding sidebar.
Battery and Network
The battery available on the budget Vivo phone is 5000 mAh and the juicer comes with fast charging 18W. It will take you for a whole day when fully charged.
For connectivity, it features dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5, and GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou. You will also get a 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, and micro USB for file transfer and charging.
Vivo Y20 Price and Availability
Vivo Y20 price in Nigeria starts at around 65,900 Naira for the model with 3GB RAM and 64GB storage and 69,900 Naira for the model with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage. Price in Kenya starts at around 13,999 KSh.
The Vivo Y20 will sell for $174 for the 4GB RAM and 64GB storage and will ship in Obsidian Black and Dawn White colors.
The phone is now available in Indian-store and other major e-commerce websites with a price tag of Rs. 12,990.
Vivo Y20 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Vivo Y20:
- Platform: Android 10, Funtouch 10.5
- Processor: Qualcomm SM4250 Snapdragon 460 (11 nm), Octa-core (1.8 GHz quad-core Kryo 240 & 1.6 GHz quad-core Kryo 240)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory: 3GB RAM (a.k.a. Y20i) / 4GB RAM / 6GB RAM ( a.k.a. Y20s)
- Colours: Obsidian Black, Dawn White
- Dimension: 164.4 x 76.3 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 192.3 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.51 inch IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~270 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 13 MP + 2 MP (macro) + 2 MP (depth) Triple Cameras, [email protected]
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR
- Front Camera: 8 MP Camera, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 64GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 18W Fast Charging Capacity