The ZTE Axon 20 5G is the world’s first smartphone with an under-display camera and it comes with an under-display fingerprint scanner as well. ZTE Axon 20 5G sports a 6.92-inch OLED display and four rear cameras.
Where to Buy ZTE Axon 20 5G
The device comes with plenty of new features onboard and the good news is that its a budget phone. It offers a large 6.92 inches OLED display and 64 MP rear camera setup.
ZTE Axon 20 5G Key Specs & Features
- 6.92 inches OLED Display, 1080 x 2460 pixels (~388 ppi)
- Android 10, MiFavor 10.5
- Octa-core Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G (7 nm)
- 6GB, 8GB RAM
- 128GB, 256GB Built-in Storage up to 256GB Memory Card
- 64 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 32 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Scanner (Under-display)
- 4G LTE Network
- 5 Network
- Fast Charging 30W, 60% in 30 min
- Quick Charge 4+
- 4220 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The ZTE Axon 20 5G back is made of high-hardness 3D curved glass with a ten-layer structure stack design. The rear side is coated using vacuum optical coating thus forming a nano-level streamer illusion texture.
Its entire body measures 172.1 x 77.9 x 8 mm in dimensions and it weighs 198 grams. The phone parades an under-display camera which is the main selling point and also has a high influence on the display design.
It has a 6.92-inch OLED screen that covers 100% of the DCI-P3 color gamut and also supports 10-bit color depth. This is not just all, the display brings in a 90Hz high refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, and provides a true full-screen view. There is an FHD+ resolution of 2460×1080 pixels.
The company says it was able to achieve the under-screen camera design by using five core technologies, including special materials, dual-control chips, unique driver circuits, a special pixel matrix, and an in-house selfie algorithm.
ZTE also uses a high-transparency material for the display that balances the performance of the display and the front camera. The material includes inorganic films and new organic, as a result, it improved the light input of the display area to the front camera.
Furthermore, a built-in independent dual-control chip and integrated driver circuits have been used to enable the color synchronization between the camera and the conventional display.
ZTE also created a special matrix that can optimize pixels and improve display consistency, in effect creating a more natural transition.
The ZTE front camera has optimized the performance of the camera. It also carries support for automatic dynamic range adjustment, hence the improvement and clarity of photos and image contrast.
That been said, there is also an under-screen speaker and under-screen fingerprint scanner onboard. Everything seems to be invisible hiding on the screen right? Let’s look at the camera.
On the back, it houses a Quad camera setup stacked at the upper left corner. The camera includes a 64MP Ultra-high pixel main camera. You will also get an 8MP 120-degree ultra-wide-angle camera, a 2MP depth of field lens, and a 2MP macro lens.
Further, ZTE equipped the cameras with some cool features like Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, and panorama. The under-display front camera is 32 MP sensor which is for selfies.
Hardware and Software
On the hardware, there is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G chipset firing up the ZTE Axon 10 5G. The SOC is the same model found on some popular Chinese phones like Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite 5G, Oppo Reno 4, Reno 4 Pro, OnePlus Nord, and even on the Nubia Red Magic 5G Lite.
Well, as you can see, the chip will perform well in gaming with the help of 8GB RAM on the inside. It also has a variant with 6GB RAM and the memory is 128GB and 256GB storage.
Battery and Network
The ZTE Axon 20 5G is powered by a 4220mAh battery which charges via a USB-C port. It has support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ and supports 30W fast-charging.
It has dual-band 5G. There is a unique network detection algorithm that can intelligently identify and automatically switch wireless data services to the second 5G SIM instantly when the mobile network environment becomes weak and the 5G card is too slow. This means smooth networking.
ZTE Axon 20 5G Price and Availability
The ZTE Axon 20 5G will cost $322 for the 6GB + 128GB variant while the 8GB+128GB version is priced at $366 and the 8GB + 256GB option goes for $410.
In Nigeria, the smartphone will start selling for 145,000 Naira, about 2,300 Ghs in Ghana, and 40,000 Ksh in Kenya.
ZTE Axon 20 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the ZTE Axon 20 5G:
- Platform: Android 10, MiFavor 10.5
- Processor: Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G (7 nm), Octa-core (1×2.4 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1×2.2 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 620
- Memory: 6GB, 8GB RAM
- Colours: Black, Gold, Blue, Purple
- Dimension: 172.1 x 77.9 x 8 mm
- Weight: 198 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.92 inches OLED Display, 1080 x 2460 pixels (~388 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64 MP (wide) + 8 MP (ultrawide) + 2 MP (macro) + 2 MP (depth) Quad Cameras, [email protected]/60fps, [email protected], gyro-EIS, HDR
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 32 MP, HDR, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB, 256GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSDXC
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes, CDMA 800
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: Yes, 1, 3, 28, 41, 78, 79 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Under-display)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4220 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, Fast charging 30W, 60% in 30 min (advertised