Keeping up Xiaomi’s nomenclature system can be likened to a herculean task. The fact that Xiaomi announced a Redmi Note 9 4G alongside the Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G and others. Makes this fact more lucid. It shouldn’t be mistaken with the standard Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 released earlier, as the design and hardware bear disparities.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 4G
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 4G Key Specs & Features
- 6.53-inch, IPS LCD Capacitive Touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 Pixels, 19.5:9 Ratio, 395 PPI
- Android 10; MIUI 12
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 662
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB Built-in storage, With MicroSD Support
- 48MP + 2MP + 2MP Triple Rear Camera
- 8MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side-Mounted)
- 18W Fast Charging
- 2.5W Wired Reverse charging
- 6000mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 4G takes on a different chassis design, that sets it apart from the standard Redmi Note 9. In my opinion, this design doesn’t really feature a selling point, so it’s basically going to be enthusiasts deciding if they love the former or the latter design.
Upfront, you will find a 6.53 – inch IPS LCD display with a V-Shaped notch bearing a front-facing camera. This display has a resolution of 1080 X 2340 and a density of 395 PPI.
On the rear, you will find a square camera module bearing a set of triple cameras, an LED flash, and some writeups. You will also find the Redmi branding, which indicates it’s a Xiaomi smartphone to enthusiasts who are familiar with the brand.
Enthusiasts who decide to purchase the smartphone, will have the option of choosing from a list of four color variants that include Gray, Green, Blue, Orange.
The camera department bears a set of cameras that bears features we have become accustomed to seeing on smartphones in Xiaomi’s mid-range line-up.
On the rear, have a 48MP primary camera with an aperture of F/1.79, a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of F/2.4, and a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of F/2.4.
Moving upfront, we have a single 8MP shooter with an aperture of F/2.5. This camera is intended to take your selfies.
Hardware and Software
Performance-wise, we have got the reminiscence of the spec sheet as seen on the Xiaomi Poco M3, however with more RAM and storage variants.
The performance hardware on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 4G is championed by an Octa-core Snapdragon 662 processor. We also get an Adreno 610 GPU, options of 4GB / 6GB / 8GB, storage options of 128GB and 256GB.
It also features a non-removable 6000mAh Li-Po battery. Enthusiasts will also have 18W fast charging and also 2.5W reverse wireless charging.
on the software Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 4G runs the MIUI 12 user interface ontop of the Android 10 operating system.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 4G features Bluetooth Dual-band WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2. It also features a USB Type-C port and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Internet connectivity here is capped at 4G, which means enthusiasts won’t get 5G for streaming, uploads or downloads.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 4G Price and Availability
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 4G price starts at around $159, for the entry-level 4GB / 128GB variant. It costs around 91,000 Naira in Nigeria, 16,855 KSH in Kenya, and 3,099 EGP in Egypt.
The 6GB / 128GB variant costs $167, the 8GB / 128GB variant costs $198 while the top of the line 8GB / 256GB variant costs $228.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 4G was announced on the 26th of November 2020 and was released for purchase on the 1st of December 2020.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 4G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 4G:
- Platform: Android 10; MIUI 12
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 (12nm) Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Gray, Green, Blue, Orange
- Dimension: 162.3 x 77.3 x 9.6 mm
- Weight: 198g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.53-inch IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2340, 19.5:9 Aspect Ratio, 395 PPI
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (Primary) F/1.79 + 2MP (Macro) F/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) F/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: 1080p @ 30fps, 720p @ 1280 x 720
- Front Camera: 8MP Camera, F/2.05
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: –
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: B2/3/5/8
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: B1/2/4/5/8
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/20/28/38/40/41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: 2.4GHz Wi-Fi/5GHz Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: MP3, FLAC, APE, DSF, M4A, AAC, OGG, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB
- Video Player: MP4丨M4V丨MKV丨AVI丨WMV丨WEBM丨3GP丨3G2丨ASF
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: GPS/ A-GPS / GLONASS / Beidou / Galileo
- Maps: Yes (Google Maps)
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes (Google Assistant)
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 6000mAh Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 18W Fast Charging Capacity
More on Xiaomi
- Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 10
- Best 5G Phones
- Xiaomi Redmi 9
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 9
- Best 4G Phones
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10
- Xiaomi Mi 10T 5G
- Cheap Android Phones
- Best Android Phones
- Xiaomi Redmi 9A
- Xiaomi Phones
- How to Buy a Smartphone
- Xiaomi Poco M3
- Xiaomi Black Shark 4 Pro
- Compare Prices of Mobile Phones
- Best Gaming Phones
- Xiaomi Mi 11
- Xiaomi Redmi 9C