The Realme 8 takes the place of the Realme 7 successor, with few reasons to upgrade. Both smartphones feature the same processor, nearly the same RAM and storage configurations, same battery capacity, and more. However, if you do fancy having a richer display and a seemingly improved display then you should totally consider upgrading to the Realme 8.
Realme 8 Key Specs & Features
- 6.4 inches Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, 20:9 Ratio 409 PPPI, 180Hz Touch Sampling Rate
- Android 11, Realme UI 2.0
- Octa-core Mediatek Helio G95 (12 nm)
- 4GB / 6GB RAM / 8GB
- 128GB Built-in Storage up to 256GB Memory Card
- 64MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 16MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint (under display)
- 4G Network
- Fast Charging (30W Capacity)
- Non-Removable Li-Po 5000 mAh Battery
Design and Display
Performing a quick peruse of the Realme 8 is pretty much sufficient to convince you that we have got a more improved design, in comparison to the Realme 7. However, it’s all hinged on the possibilities of you liking the new tweaks.
The most conspicuous feature on the chassis design is the “dare to leap” text engrossed in a psychedelic background. You will also find a more conspicuous camera module with four cameras and an LED flash. Lastly, you will find the Realme branding which sorts of indicates it’s a Realme smartphone.
Moving up front, we have a 6.4 inches Super AMOLED display bearing a punch-hole camera in the top-left position. Highlights of this display include a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels, a density of 409 PPI, and a 180Hz touch sampling rate.
Lastly, the chassis of the Realme 8 comprises of glass upfront, plastic on the rear and plastic on the frame.
On paper, the camera specs of the Realme 8 is basically the same as that of the Realme 7 (Asia Edition). However, actually usage may result in new development surfacing.
On the rear, we have a 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.3 and a 119˚ field of view. The other cameras on the rear includes a 2MP Macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4 and a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4. This camera is capable of recording videos up to 4k @ 30fps.
Upfront, we have a single 16MP camera in a punch hole. This camera has an aperture of f/2.5 and can shoot videos up to 1080p @ 120fps.
Hardware and Software
On the performance hardware side, we pretty much have the same setup as seen on the Realme 7.
Here we have an Octa-cre Mediatek Helio G95 processor taking the lead, we have a Mali-G76 MC4 GPU, RAM options of 4GB / 6GB / 8GB, 128GB of UFS 2.1 storage, a 5000mAH Li-Po battery and a 30W fast charge mechanism.
On the software side, we have got the Realme UI 2.0 user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Realme 8 features low-energy Bluetooth 5.1, a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port.
Internet connectivity is capped at 4G, which means enthusiasts won’t get access to 5G connectivity.
Realme 8 Price and Availability
The price of the Realme 8 starts around $207 for the 4GB / 128GB varaint, which translates to about 78,660 Naira in Nigeria, about 22,708 KSH in Kenya and 1,197 GHC in Ghana.
The 6GB / 128GB varaint goes for about $220, while the top of the line 8GB / 128GB varaint costs about $234.
Realme 8 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Realme 8:
- Platform: Android 11, Realme UI 2.0
- Processor: Mediatek Helio G95 (12 nm) (Octa-core 2×2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MC4
- Memory: 4GB / 6GB / 8GB
- Colours: Cyber Silver, Cyber Black
- Dimension: 160.6 x 73.9 x 8 mm
- Weight: 177 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.4 inches Super AMOLED, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, ~409 PPI, Always-on display
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Primary) f/1.8 + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.3 + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, PDAF, [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps, gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 16MP Camera, f/2.5, HDR, Panorama, [email protected]/120fps, gyro-EIS
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 3, 5, 8, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (under display, optical)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 5000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes (30W Capacity)