The Xiaomi Redmi 10 comes in as a successor to the Redmi 9 and also as a more affordable option to the Redmi Note 10. The highlights of its provisions as a successor include an upgraded processor, a higher refresh rate display, a more capable camera setup, and an improved chassis design, more on them later in the body of the article.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Redmi 10
Xiaomi Redmi 10 Key Specs and Features
- 6.5-inches LCD, 1080 x 2400 pixels (~405 PPI), 90Hz Refresh
- Android 11, MIUI 12.5
- MediaTek Helio G88 (12nm)
- 4GB / 6GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB Built-in Storage, Supports SD-Card
- 50MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 8MP Front Cameras
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side-Mounted)
- Fast Charging (18W Capacity)
- 9W Wired Charging
- Non-Removable 5000mAh Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Xiaomi Redmi 10’s design appears to share DNA with what is offered on the Redmi Note 10, which means we are being served with a similar design and at the same time a design that appears to be more appealing when compared to what we have on the Redmi 9.
On the rear, we have gradient covering where you will find an elongated square camera module bearing four cameras and an LED flash.
This camera module design is different from what we have on the Redmi Note 10, which is due to how the primary camera and the LED flash were arranged inside the camera module.
Aside from the camera module, we also have the Redmi branding, which indicates it’s a Xiaomi smartphone.
Moving up front, we have a more panel that happens to be more refined when compared to the Redmi 9. The drop notch has been erased, leaving us with a neater, punch hole camera.
The display here has a size of 6.5-inches, which is roughly the same size as what is offered on the Redmi 9, we also have the same resolution of 1080 x 2400, however, we have a higher refresh rate set at 90Hz as opposed to 60Hz on its predecessor.
Enthusiats in the market for this smartphone will have three colour options that include Carbon Gray, Pebble White, Sea Blue.
The cameras on the Xiaomi Redmi 10 are upgrade of the Redmi 9 as mentioned in the introductory paragraph. However, the main upgrades are set in rear panel.
On the rear, we have a 50MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, as opposed to the 13MP camera its predecessor. We also have a 8MP ultrawide camera with a 118˚ field of view as opposed to 120˚ FOV on its predcessor. What’s more we have a 5MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4 and a 2MP depth aperture of f/2.4.
Moving upfront, we have a single 8MP camera with an aperture of f/2.0 which is the same as seen on the Redmi 9.
Hardware and Software
On the performance side, the Xiaomi Redmi 10 isn’t very far fetched from the Redmi 9. The processor on board is the MediaTek Helio G88 which isn’t far fetched from the MediaTek G80 processor on the former.
What’s more, we have Mali-G52 MC2 GPU, option for 4GB / 6GB RAM, 64GB / 128GB storage options, a non-removable 5000mAh Li-Po. We also have 18W fast charging.
On the software side, we have the MIUI 12.5 user interface running on Android 11 operating system.
The Xiaomi Redmi 10 features a 3.5mm headphone jack, USB Type-C port, low-energy Bluetooth 5.1 connectivity.
Internet connectivity on the Xiaomi Redmi 10 is capped at 4G LTE, this means you won’t have the luxury of 5G internet speed. Download and uploads are limited to 4G speed.
Xiaomi Redmi 9 Price and Availability
Xiaomi Redmi 10 price starts around $188, which translates to 77,426 Naira, 20,626 KSh in Kenya, and 1,136 GHC in Ghana.
The Xiaomi Redmi 10 was announced on August 18th 2021 and released for purchase on August 20th 2021.
Xiaomi Redmi 10 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Redmi 10:
- Platform: Android 11, MIUI 12.5
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G88 (12nm) (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2
- Memory: 4GB RAM / 6GB RAM
- Colours: Carbon Gray, Pebble White, Sea Blue
- Dimension: 162 x 75.5 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 181 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.5-inch LCD, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, ~405 PPI, 90Hz Refresh Rate
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 50MP (Primary) f/1.8, PDAF + 8MP (Ultrawide), f/2.2, 120˚ FOV + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, 1080p@30fps
- Front Camera: 8MP Camera, f/2.0, HDR, 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Side-mounted
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 5000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 18W Fast Charging Capacity