The Huawei Nova 8 is the non-5G variant of the Huawei Nova 8 5G. Comparing both smartphones reveals a high rate of reminisces. However, the major difference here is that the 4G Nova 8 runs on the Kirin 820E processor, while its 5G sibling runs the Kirin 985 5G processor.
Where to Buy Huawei Nova 8
Huawei Nova 8 Key Specs & Features
- 6.57 inches OLED Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels (~392 ppi)
- Android 10, EMUI 11
- Octa-core Kirin 820E (7 nm)
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB Built-in Storage
- 64MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 32MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Scanner (under display, optical)
- 4G Network
- Fast Charging 66W
- Reverse Charging (5W Capacity)
- Non-Removable 3800mAh Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The most glaring reminisce of all is in the design. The Huawei Nova 8 comes packed in a chassis that’s reminiscent of its 5G sibling. The only difference here is in the colour options.
Here we just Powder Pink, as opposed to four colour options on its 5G sibling, which includes Black, Blue, Green.
Scrutinizing the rear panel, we have the same setup, with the prominents being the gradient design and the camera module that houses four cameras and an LED flash. You will also find the Huawei branding, which indicates it’s a Huawei Smartphone.
Moving upfront, we have the same 6.57-inches OLED display as seen on the Nova 8 5G. This display has a resolution of 1080 x 2340, a 90Hz refresh rate, and a density of around 392 PPI.
Moving on to the cameras on the Huawei Nova 8, we have the cameras as seen on its 5G sibling. It’s the same quad-camera setup on the rear and the same single cameras upfront.
On the rear, we have a 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.9, an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.4, and a 120˚ field of view. Video recording on this camera is capped at 4k.
On the selfie side, we have a single 32MP camera with an aperture of f/2.0. Video recording on this camera is also capped at 4k.
Hardware and Softwarere
As mentioned in the introductory paragraph, the processor is the main makes the difference between the Huawei Nova 8 and its 5G sibling.
Here we have the Kirin 820E processor, in lieu of the Kirin 985 5G processor. Seems the processors are a determinant of their connectivity strength. Whether it supports 4G or 5G.
Also on the performance train is the Mali-G57 GPU, in lieu of the Mali-G77 GPU on its 5G sibling. What’s more, we have 8GB RAM, 256GB built-in storage, and a non-removable 3800mAh Li-Po battery.
On the software side, we have the EMUI 11 user interface running on the Android 10 operating system. Please note that you won’t be getting Google Play services, as seen with other Huawei smartphones released in recent times.
The Huawei Nova 8 features a low-energy Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, and a USB Type-C port with OTG support.
Internet connectivity is capped at 4G which means no access to 5G connectivity on this Android smartphone.
Huawei Nova 8 Price and Availability
The price of the Huawei Nova 8 starts around $491, which translates to about 202,194 Naira in Nigeria, 2,966 GHC in Ghana, and 53,770 KSH in Kenya.
The Huawei Nova 8 was announced and released for purchase on the 5th of August 2021.
Huawei Nova 8 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Huawei Nova 8:
- Platform: Android 10, EMUI 11, no Google Play Services
- Processor: Kirin 820E (7nm) (3×2.22 GHz Cortex-A76 & 3×1.84 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 (6-core)
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Colours: Powder Pink
- Dimension: 160.1 x 74.1 x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 169 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.57-inches OLED, 1080 x 2340 Pixels, HDR10, ~89.3% screen-to-body ratio, ~392 PPI, 90Hz Refresh Rate
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Primary) f/1.9, PDAF + 8MP (Ultrawide)f/2.4, 120˚ FOV + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4 + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR, 4K, 1080p, [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 32MP Camera, f/2.0, HDR, 4K Video
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1800 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: GPS/AGPS/Glonass/BeiDou/Galileo/QZSS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: –
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable 3800mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 66W Fast Charging Capacity