The Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G is a slightly more capable sibling to the Galaxy A52, with its edging feature being its more capable processor. Laying the upgraded processor aside, we are left with features that can be tagged as stalemates. Its design, cameras, battery e.t.c fall in as stalemates.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy A52s
Samsung Galaxy A52s Key Specs & Features
- 6.5 inches Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, (~405 PPI), 120Hz Refresh Rate
- Android 11, One UI 3.1
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G 5G (6 nm)
- 6GB / 8GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB Built-in Storage up to 1TB Memory Card
- 64MP + 12MP + 5MP + 5MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 32MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint (under display, optical)
- 5G Network
- IP67 Dust & Water Resistant
- Fast Charging (25W Capacity)
- Non-Removable Li-Po 4500 mAh Battery
Design and Display
The word “Repetitive” has in the past few years lingered in the smartphone space, mainly in the mid-range to low-end category.
It turns out Samsung isn’t out, as they have also delivered stalemates in recent times. The situation with the Samsung Galaxy A52s and the regular Galaxy A52 is a very clear example.
For starters, both smartphones look identical, which is due to the repeated design. It’s basically the same slab on the front and on the back.
Taking off with the rear, you will find the same slightly bumped camera module, where you will find cameras and an LED flash. Beneath on the rear, is the Samsung branding, which indicates it’s a Samsung smartphone.
Flipping the Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G to get a front view, reveals the same 6.5-inches AMOLED display with a punch-hole camera in the top middle position. This display is based on a Super AMOLED panel, it has a resolution of 1080 x 2400 Pixels, a density of approx 405 PPI, and a 120Hz refresh rate.
Enthusiasts in the market for this device will have four colour options and they include Awesome Black, Awesome White, Awesome Purple and Awesome Mint.
Repetitions check. We have yet another reminiscing setup from the standard Samsung Galaxy A52.
The rear cameras on the Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G comprise a 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, a 12MP ultrawide camera with a 123˚ field of view, a 5MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.0 and a 5MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4. Video recording on this camera is capped at 4k @ 30fps.
On the selfie side, we have a single 32MP camera with an aperture of f/2.2. This camera also shoots videos up to 4k @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
On the performance side, the Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G rocks the Qualcomm Snapdragon 778 5G processor, which falls in place as a more capable processor when compared to the Snapdragon 720G processor on the regular Galaxy A52.
What’s more, we have the Adreno 642L GPU, 6GB / 8GB RAM options, 128GB / 256GB storage options, a non-removable 4500mAh Li-Po battery and a 25W fast charge mechanism.
On the software side, we have the One UI 3.1 user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G features a 3.5mm jack and a USB Type-C port. It also has Wi-Fi Hotspot and Bluetooth
Internet connectivity is maxed at 5G, which means you can utilize 5G connectivity with this Android smartphone.
Samsung Galaxy A52s Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G price starts at around $510 at leading retailers. The Galaxy A52s 5G costs 150,500 Naira in Nigeria, 77,005 KSH in Kenya, and 4,234 GHC in Ghana.
The Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G was announced on the 17th of August 2021 and is expected to be released on the 3rd of September 2021.
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G:
- Platform: Android 11, One UI 3.1
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G 5G (6 nm) (Octa-core 1×2.4 GHz Kryo 670 Prime & 3×2.2 GHz Kryo 670 Gold & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo 670 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 642L
- Memory: 6GB / 8GB
- Colours: Awesome Black, Awesome White, Awesome Purple, Awesome Mint
- Dimension: 159.9 x 75.1 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 189 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.5-inches 1080 x 2400 Pixels, Super AMOLED, ~84.9% screen-to-body ratio, ~405 PPI, 120Hz Refresh Rate
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Primary) f/1.8, PDAF, OIS + 12MP (Ultrawide) 123˚ FOV + 5MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 5MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR, [email protected], [email protected]/60fps; gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 32MP Camera, HDR, f/2.2, HDR,
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: Uses shared SIM slot
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850, GSM900, DCS1800, PCS1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: B1(2100), B2(1900), B4(AWS), B5(850), B8(900)
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 2, 4, 5, 12, 17, 26, 40, 41, 66
- 5G: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 78 SA/NSA/Sub6
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: –
- Bluetooth: -Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: GPS, Glonass, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Under display, optical
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 4500 mAh Li-Po Non-removable Battery
- Talktime: Up to 32 Hours
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 25W Fast Charging Capacity