Samsung Galaxy M23 is a successor to the Galaxy M22. This 2022 Galaxy MSeries smartphone features a bigger display and runs on a Qualcomm CPU. Samsung Galaxy M23 has a 6.6-inch display, a 48MP triple rear camera, and 5000 mAh battery.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy M23
Samsung Galaxy M23 Key Specs and Features
- 6.6 inches TFT LCD Display, 1080 x 2408 pixels (~400 ppi density), 120Hz Refresh Rate
- Android 12, One UI 4.1
- Qualcomm SM7225 Snapdragon 750G 5G (8 nm) Octa Core Processor
- 4GB, 6GB RAM
- 50 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP Triple Rear Camera
- 8 MP Front Camera
- 128GB Built-in Storage
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side Mounted)
- 4G LTE
- 5G Support
- 25W Fast Charging Capacity
- 5000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
Samsung Galaxy M23 is wrapped in a glass front, plastic frames on the sides, and a plastic back. The camera placement on the back has switched from four cameras arranged in a square to three cameras vertically lined up like in the Umidigi Power 7 Max and Galaxy A13 5G.
A V-notch is provided for the front camera. It is available in Deep Green, Light Blue, Orange Copper.
The Samsung Galaxy M23 has a display size of a 6.6-inch. This is bigger than the 6.4-inch provided for its predecessor. The TFT LCD display has a screen resolution of 1080 x 1408 pixels and a 120Hz refresh rate.
Samsung Galaxy M23 share a lot in common with the Galaxy F23 that it feels like both are one and the same phone. The only difference between the two phones are their color options.
You get an 8 megapixels for taking selfies in the front. You can also record full HD videos on the front camera.
On the back, the Samsung Galaxy M23 has three cameras. A 50 megapixels wide angle camera with an f/1.8 aperture, and 77˚ FOV, an 8-megapixel ultrawide snapper with a 123˚ FOV, and a 2 MP macros camera. The camera is paired with LED flash and can record 4K UHD videos as well as slow motion at HD.
Hardware and Software
The Samsung Galaxy M23 is powered by a Qualcomm SM7225 Snapdragon 750G 5G (8 nm) Octa-core chipset clocking at a speed of up to 2.2 GHz. It has Adreno 619 GPU for graphics and runs on One UI 4.1 on the Android 12 OS.
This Samsung phone sports 128GB built-in storage with 4 GB or 6GB of RAM. A dedicated microSD slot is provided with support for up to 1TB, giving you the option to add to your storage capacity.
Like in the 2022 A-Series models like the Galaxy A33, Galaxy A53, and Galaxy A73, you also get to extend RAM capacity with RAM Plus, a feature that creates a virtual memory by using a portion of your built-in storage as RAM leading to a memory capacity for your phone. The model with 6GB RAM can be extended by 6GB, while the model with 4GB can be extended by 4GB.
Battery and Network
Pushing juice on the android phone is a large 5000 mAh battery enough to take you through the day’s work and when it is time to charge, the 25W fast charging capacity ensures it is done swiftly. However, you would have to buy the charger separately as their is no charger in the box.
The Samsung M23 comes with other features including dual SIM support, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, 4G VoLTE, dual-band, Wi-Fi, USB Type-C, a 3.5mm audio jack, and a side-fingerprint scanner for security. 5G connectivity is also supported.
Samsung Galaxy M23 5G Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy M23 5G price in Nigeria starts at around 120,900 Naira. You can buy the smartphone for around £209 on Amazon and other leading online stores. The Galaxy M23 5G price starts at around 48,500 KES in Kenya, 1,699 GHC in Ghana, and 9,040 EGP in Egypt.
The Galaxy M23 5G was announced in March 2022 and became available for purchase in April 2022.
Samsung Galaxy M23 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy M23:
- Platform: Android 12, One UI 4.1
- Processor: Qualcomm SM7225 Snapdragon 750G 5G (8 nm) Octa Core Processor (2.2 GHz dual-core Kryo 570 and 1.8 GHz hexa-core Kryo 570)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- Memory: 4GB, 6GB RAM
- Colours: Deep Green, Light Blue, Orange Copper
- Dimension: 165.5 x 77 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 198 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.6 inches TFT LCD Display, 1080 x 2408 pixels (~400 ppi density), 120Hz Refresh Rate, 20:9 aspect ratio, ~82.3% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: Yes (Glass)
- Foldable Display: –
- Rear Camera: 50 MP (wide), f/1.8, PDAF + 8 MP (ultrawide), f/2.2, 123˚ + 2 MP (macro), f/2.4 Triple Camera
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
- Front Camera: 8 MP (wide), f/2.2 Camera, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: microSDXC, up to 1TB (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM only)
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 26, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66
- 5G: 5G Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 78 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes, HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE-A
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes, FM radio, recording
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (side mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 5000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: up to 44 hours (LTE)
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 25W Fast Charging Capacity