Oppo Reno 8 is a premium mid-range device launched alongside the flagship Reno 8 Pro, the more affordable Reno 8 Lite. It boasts a stunning design, a beautiful display, and impressive camera features. The device is powered by a Mediatek Dimensity 1300 processor, which provides fast and smooth performance. The Reno 8 also has a large 4,500mAh battery with a 80W wired charger, at a relatively affordable price.
Where to Buy Oppo Reno8
Jumia Nigeria – See Offers | Jumia Kenya – See Offers | Amazon US – See Offers
Oppo Reno8 Key Specs and Features
- 6.4 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels (~411 ppi density), ~83.9% screen-to-body ratio
- Android 12, ColorOS 12.1
- Mediatek Dimensity 1300 (6 nm) Octa Core Processor
- 8GB RAM
- 50 MP (wide) + 8 MP (ultrawide) + 2 MP (macro) Triple Rear Camera
- 32 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (under display, optical)
- 128GB, 256GB Built-in Storage
- 4G LTE Support
- 5G Support
- 80W Fast Charging Capacity
- 4500 mAh Non removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Oppo Reno 8 design is a real standout feature of this device. With a matte plastic back and glass front, the Reno 8 looks and feels premium. The device is available in two colors: Shimmer Gold, Shimmer Black. Both colors are stunning, but the Shimmer Gold is particularly eye-catching, with a reflective finish that shimmers in the light.
The Reno 8 has a 6.4-inch AMOLED display, with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. The screen is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5, which offers good protection against scratches and drops. It also has a refresh rate of 90Hz, which makes scrolling and navigating the phone feel smooth and responsive. The display also supports HDR10+ and has a peak brightness of 800 nits which enables a brighter and more vibrant display.
The Oppo Reno 8 has an in-display fingerprint sensor that is fast and accurate. The phone also has face recognition, which is also fast and reliable.
One of the most interesting design features of the Oppo phone is the camera module. The camera module is integrated with the back piece with smooth curves to blend to edges to the flat surface. Inside the module, there are two large metal rings for the main and ultrawide cameras and two smaller cutouts for the macro camera and the LED flash.
Although, the rear panel is made of plastic material, it feels more robust than glass phones. It is fingerprint resistant with frost finishing.
On the right side, there is the power button and two separate volume buttons on the left, while the bottom sits the USB-C connector, which also doubles as a port for headphones, the speaker grille and the SIM card tray. For this device, no MicroSD card slot is included.
The Oppo Reno 8 has a triple camera set-up. This includes a 50MP primary camera, an 5MP ultra-wide camera, and 2MP macro camera. The primary camera boost Sony IMX766 sensor that uses a 1/1.56-inch sensor size and a Quad Bayer color filter array, which allows for improved low-light performance and reduced noise in images.
It also features a larger pixel size of 1.0μm and supports 2×2 on-chip lens (OCL) phase detection autofocus (PDAF), which enables faster and more accurate focusing.
The ultrawide and the macro cameras, on the other hand, are slightly acceptable assistants. With the 8MP Sony IMX355 sensor, 1/4.0″, 1.12µm, f/2.4aperture, the ultra-wide camera is ideal for capturing wide landscapes or large group shots for ultrawide, while the Macro 2MP lens with 1/5.0″, and f/2.4 aperture allows for close-up shots and can focus at a distance of 2-10cm.
On the front, the android phone features a 32-megapixel selfie camera with an aperture of f/2.5, 23mm focus angle, 1/2.74″ individual pixel, and 0.8µm pixel size. The front camera is located in a punch-hole cutout at the top left side of the display.
Hardware and Software
Oppo Reno 8 runs on MediaTek Dimensity 1300 chipset, fast and efficient processor. This chipset is built on a 6nm manufacturing process and features an octa-core CPU with four high-performance Arm Cortex-A78 cores and four energy-efficient Arm Cortex-A55 cores.
Its advanced processing capabilities, integrated 5G modem, and powerful camera features make it well-suited for demanding mobile applications, including gaming and multimedia. This processor also offer support for a powerful Arm Mali-G77 MC9 GPU for advanced gaming performance.
The Oppo Reno 8 phone also boasts 8GB RAM, and up to 256GB internal storage. The storage is non expandable due to the lack of MicroSD slot.
This android phone is equipped with a 4,500 mAh battery that supports fast charging at up to 80W. With the charger, you can enjoy a 50% battery life within 11 min charge.
In terms of connectivity, there is 5G, 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.3, NFC, with support for WiFi 6 and a USB Type-C port for charging and data transfer.
Furthermore, the Oppo Reno 8 runs on the ColorOS 12.1 operating system, which is based on Android 12. The ColorOS 12.1 is a clean and well-optimized skin that adds some useful features to the phone. The phone also has some pre-installed apps, but most of them can be uninstalled.
Oppo Reno 8 Price and Availability
Oppo Reno 8 price starts at $ 499.00 / € 315.00 / £ 299.00 / ₹ 28,600. The Reno 8 price in Nigeria ranges from about ₦279,000 to ₦340,000 in Nigeria.
Oppo Reno 8 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Oppo Reno8:
- Platform: Android 12, ColorOS 12.1
- Processor: Mediatek Dimensity 1300 (6 nm) Octa Core Processor (3.0 GHz Cortex-A78 and 2.6 GHz triple-core Cortex-A78 and 2.0 GHz quad-core Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G77 MC9
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Colours: Shimmer Gold, Shimmer Black
- Dimension: 160.6 x 73.4 x 7.7 mm
- Weight: 179 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.4 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels (~411 ppi density), 90Hz Refresh Rate, 430 nits (typ), 600 nits (HBM), 800 nits (peak) Brightness, ~83.9% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: Yes, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 50 MP (wide), f/1.8, multi-directional PDAF + 8 MP (ultrawide), f/2.2, 112˚ FoV + 2 MP (macro), f/2.4 Triple Camera
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps, gyro-EIS, Slow Motion
- Front Camera: 32 MP (wide), f/2.4 Camera, Panaroma, HDR, [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Built-in Storage: 128GB, 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 4G LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: 5G Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Wi-Fi 6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.3, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C 2.0, OTG
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Yes, GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (under display, optical)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 4500 MAh Non removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 80W Fast Charging Capacity (Zero to 50% in 11 minutes and Zero to 100% in 28 minutes)