The Vivo X Flip is the company’s first vertical-folding smartphone. It was launched alongside Vivo X Fold in April 2023. The fascinating design with ultra-durable hinge, great main display, large cover display, powerful hardware, high-quality cameras, and advanced features, makes it one of the best folding smartphone in the market that can stand head on with Galaxy Z Flip 4 and the Oppo Find N2 Flip.
Vivo X Flip Key Specs and Features
- 6.74 inches Foldable LTPO AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2520 pixels (~407 ppi density), ~84.7% screen-to-body ratio
- 3.0-inch AMOLED Cover Display, 422 x 682 pixels
- Android 13, OriginOS 3
- Qualcomm SM8475 Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 (4 nm) Octa Core Processor
- 12GB RAM
- 50 MP (wide) + 12 MP (ultrawide) Dual Rear Camera
- 32 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (side mounted)
- 256GB, 512GB Built-in Storage
- 4G LTE Support
- 5G Support
- 44W Fast Charging Capacity
- 4400 mAh Non removable Li-Po Battery
Vivo X Flip features a clamshell form factor, which means it can fold in half like a classic flip phone like the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip model. The phone is made from glass and aluminum, with a matte finish that feels premium and luxurious. It measures 166.4 x 75.3 x 7.8 mm when opened and 86.4 x 75.3 x 16.6 mm when closed, making it easy to carry and pocketable.
The hinge in the middle of the 5G phone is strong thanks to the five-fold aerospace-grade materials, multi-layer three-dimensional support structures, and other innovative material. The hinge allows the phone to be opened and closed smoothly, and it can hold the phone in various angles for hands-free use.
Furthermore, the Vivo X Flip has a foldable LTPO AMOLED display that measures 6.74 inches when opened. The display has a resolution of 1080 x 2520 pixels and a 120Hz refresh rate, making it smooth and responsive. There is also a 3-inch cover AMOLED display on the outside of the phone that allows you to see notifications and control music playback without opening the phone.
Above the outer display, there is a large circle that host the dual rear camera with LED flash beside it. There is also Vivo branding on the matte finish rear panel. The Vivo X Flip also has three color options available, including Violet, Gold, and Black.
The Vivo X Flip features a foldable LTPO AMOLED display that measures 6.74 inches when unfolded. The display has a resolution of 1080 x 2520 pixels, with a pixel density of 407 pixels per inch. It also supports HDR10+ and has a refresh rate of 120Hz, which makes scrolling and navigating the phone’s interface feel smooth and responsive.
The main display has 20:9 aspect ratio and measures a dimension of 84.7% screen-to-body ratio, which means that the display takes up a large portion of the front of the phone. This is due to the phone’s foldable design, which allows the display to stretch from edge to edge when the phone is unfolded.
When the phone is closed, there is a smaller 3-inch cover display with 14.5:9 aspect ratio and a resolution of 422 x 682 pixels on the outside of the phone. This cover display is used for checking notifications, controlling music playback, taking selfies, and performing other quick tasks without having to open the phone. In addition, the displays are protected by a tough and durable glass that is resistant to scratches and damage.
Vivo X Flip features a dual-camera setup on the back of the phone, which includes a 50-megapixel wide-angle camera with an f/1.8 aperture and a 12-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera with an f/2.2 aperture.
The camera setup also features several advanced features, including optical image stabilization (OIS) and phase detection autofocus (PDAF). It also features the Laser AF that uses a laser beam to measure the distance between the camera and the subject, allowing the camera to focus quickly and accurately, even in low light conditions. These features help to improve the clarity and sharpness of photos, particularly in low-light conditions.
Just like the Vivo X Fold 2, the Vivo X Flip features Zeiss optics, Zeiss T* lens coating, Dual-LED flash, and panorama. Vivo uses the Zeiss lenses and optics to improve the quality of their cameras. It reduce reflections, ghosting, and flare in camera lenses to to improve the clarity, contrast, and color reproduction of images captured by the camera.
Additionally, the rear display is capable of recording video at several different resolutions and frame rates. It can shoot 4K video at 30 frames per second (fps), which is a high-resolution format that captures a lot of detail and clarity. The phone can also shoot 1080p video at either 30fps or 60fps, which is a lower resolution but can produce smoother motion and playback.
On the front of the Vivo X Flip, there is a 32-megapixel camera with an f/2.5 aperture that is housed in a small hole-punch cutout in the display. This camera is suitable for taking selfies and making video calls.
Hardware and Software
In terms of hardware, this Vivo X Flip is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor, which is one of the most powerful and efficient mobile processors available today.
Also available in models like the OnePlus Ace Pro, the Xiaomi 12T Pro, and the Galaxy Z Fold 4, the processor is built on a 4nm manufacturing process and features an octa-core CPU with a maximum clock speed of 3.0GHz. The processor also includes a powerful Adreno 730 GPU, which delivers excellent graphics performance for demanding games and applications.
It also has 12GB of RAM and up to 512 GB internal storage, which ensures smooth and fast performance even when running multiple apps or demanding games. However, it lack support for external microSD card. Additionally, the phone comes with a large 4,400mAh battery that supports fast charging, wireless charging, and reverse wireless charging.
On the software side, the Vivo X Flip runs on Android 13 with Vivo’s OriginOS 3 user interface on top. This is a customized version of Android that offers a range of additional features and customization options, such as app drawer, theme store, and gesture navigation.
The Vivo X Flip also features a range of other hardware and software features, including an side mounted fingerprint sensor, NFC, Bluetooth 5.3, and Wi-Fi 6. Overall, the Vivo X Flip is a well-rounded device with powerful hardware and advanced software that can handle a wide range of tasks and applications.
Vivo X Flip Price and Availability
Vivo X Flip price starts at $870 / £700 / ₹71,990 at leading online stores. The Vivo X Flip price starts at ₦500,000 in Nigeria.
Vivo X Flip Specs
Here are a few specs of the Vivo X Flip:
- Platform: Android 13, OriginOS 3
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8475 Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 (4 nm) Octa Core Processor (3.0 GHz Cortex-X2 and 2.5 GHz tri-core Cortex-A710 and 1.80 GHz quad-core Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 730
- Memory: 12GB RAM
- Colours: Violet, Gold, Black
- Dimension: Unfolded: 166.4 x 75.3 x 7.8 mm, Folded: 86.4 x 75.3 x 16.6 mm
- Weight: 198 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.74 inches Foldable LTPO AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2520 pixels (~407 ppi density), ~84.7% screen-to-body ratio; 3.0-inch AMOLED Cover Display, 422 x 682 pixels, 14.5:9 aspect ratio
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: Yes
- Rear Camera: 50 MP (wide), f/1.8, Dual Pixel PDAF, Laser AF, OIS + 12 MP (ultrawide), f/2.2, 106˚ FoV, Dual Pixel PDAF Dual Camera
- Rear Camera Features: Zeiss optics, Zeiss T* lens coating, Dual-LED flash, panorama, 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps
- Front Camera: 32 MP (wide), f/2.5 Camera, HDR, 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 256GB, 512GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: CDMA 800 / 1900
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: CDMA2000 1x
- 4G LTE: LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: 5G Bands 1, 3, 5, 8, 28, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Wi-Fi 6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 5.3, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes USB Type-C 2.0, OTG
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Yes GPS (L1+L5), GLONASS (G1), BDS (B1I+B1c+B2a), GALILEO (E1+E5a), QZSS (L1+L5)
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (side mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 4400 mAh Non removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 44W Fast Charging Capacity