The OnePlus Ace Pro is the latest addition to the OnePlus smartphone lineup, launched by OnePlus on August 09, 2022. It is the global version of the OnePlus 10T launched in China. The OnePlus Ace Pro comes with a 6.7-inch full HD+ AMOLED display and powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chipset. This feature-packed smartphone also feature a triple camera setup on the rear and backed by a 4,800mAh battery.
Where to Buy OnePlus Ace Pro
OnePlus Ace Pro Key Specs and Features
- 6.7 inches Fluid AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2412 pixels (~394 ppi density), ~87.9% screen-to-body ratio
- Android 12, ColorOS 12.1
- Qualcomm SM8475 Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 (4 nm) Octa Core Processor
- 12GB, 16GB RAM
- 50 MP (wide) + 8 MP (ultrawide) + 2 MP (macro) Triple Rear Camera
- 16 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (under display, optical)
- 256GB, 512GB Built-in Storage
- 4G LTE
- 5G Support
- 150W Fast Charging Capacity
- 4800 mAh Non removable Li-Po Battery
The OnePlus Ace Pro is a stylish phone and of course it looks similar to the OnePlus 10T. It has a unique glass body with curved-edges and a glossy, ceramic-like finish. However, the black variant has a rough, stone-like texture finish. Although, the front and back sports a glass body, the frame is quiet disappointing. Instead of an aluminum material, the company opt for a plastic material which the company claim is rugged.
Furthermore, the Ace Pro is not so light. It has a dimension of 163 x 75.4 x 8.8 mm and weigh 203.5 g, but gives a comfortable feel on hand. The device also has a large 6.7 inches display that is perfect for watching videos or browsing the web. This display is completely bezel-less and also feature a hole-punch cutout in the display for the selfie camera.
One of the standout design of this smartphone is the camera island on the rear. The OnePlus Ace Pro has a large rectangular camera island on the top left corner which spread-across one-third of the entire top panel of the phone. This island host the triple rear camera and a LED flash.
Unlike most OnePlus smartphones, the OnePlus Ace Pro doesn’t have an alert slider, instead has increase the number of antennas for better reception. This phone has a USB-C and loudspeaker on the bottom. It also has the power button and volume control on the sides.
The OnePlus Ace Pro features a 6.7-inch Fluid AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 2412 pixels and a 20:9 aspect ratio. The display has a pixel density of approximately 394 pixels per inch (PPI). It also has a 120Hz refresh rate, which provides smooth animations and scrolling, and a touch sampling rate of 240Hz, which allows for faster and more accurate touch response.
The display on the Ace Pro also supports HDR10+ for improved contrast and color accuracy, and it has a peak brightness of 950 nits, which should make it easy to read even in bright sunlight. Additionally, the display has a color depth of 10-bit, which means it can display up to 1.07 billion colors.
One interesting feature of the OnePlus Ace Pro’s display is the Fluid AMOLED that is a variant of the AMOLED (Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode) display technology that offers improved color accuracy, brightness, and energy efficiency, which makes for a high-quality and immersive viewing experience. Overall, the OnePlus Ace Pro’s display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
The OnePlus Ace Pro comes with an impressive camera capacity. It features a triple camera setup on the rear which includes a 50MP main camera, 8MP ultra-wide camera and 2MP macro camera.
The 50-megapixel main camera comes with an f/1.8 aperture, 24mm focal length, 1/1.56″ sensor size, and 1.0µm pixel size. This camera is the star of the show, and can capture incredibly detailed images with accurate colors. It also features PDAF (phase detection autofocus) and OIS (optical image stabilization), which help to ensure sharp, stable images even when shooting in low light or when the phone is moving.
The ultrawide camera has an 8-megapixel sensor with an f/2.2 aperture, 120-degree field of view, 1/4″ sensor size, and 1.12µm pixel size. This camera is great for capturing expansive landscapes or group photos, and its wide field of view allows you to fit more into each shot.
Lastly, the OnePlus Ace Pro’s macro camera has a 2-megapixel sensor with an f/2.4 aperture, and 1/3.0″ sensor size This camera is designed for close-up photography, and can capture detailed shots of small objects from a very close distance.
Additionally, the Ace Pro is also a great phone for videography, thanks to its impressive video capabilities. The phone can shoot 4K video at 60 frames per second, and 1080p video at up to 240 frames per second for slow-motion footage. It also features OIS, EIS (electronic image stabilization), and a gyroscope. This ensures that your footage remains smooth and stable, even when shooting on the move.
Hardware and Software
The OnePlus Ace Pro is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chipset, which is one of the most powerful mobile processors available in the market and can be found in models like the Xiaomi 12T Pro and the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4. It is an octa-core processor that is built on a 4nm manufacturing process, which makes it more efficient than its predecessor. It also features the Adreno 730 GPU, which provides excellent gaming performance.
The android phone comes with 12GB or 16GB of RAM, which is the latest and fastest type of RAM available in smartphones. The 12GB variant comes with 128GB or 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage, while the 16GB variant comes with 512GB of storage. This phone doe’s not support external storage card.
Furthermore, this device is equipped with a 4800mAh battery with support for 150W wired fast charging. It also the latest 5G network, dual-band, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, and NFC. There is also the USB Type-C port for charging and sharing.
OnePlus Ace Pro Price and Availability
OnePlus Ace Pro price starts at $569 / £ 440 / € 465 at leading online stores. The Ace Pro price starts at ₦650,500 in Nigeria.
The smartphone was announced on August, 2022 and became available for purchase in August, 2022.
OnePlus Ace Pro Specs
Here are a few specs of the OnePlus Ace Pro:
- Platform: Android 12, ColorOS 12.1
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8475 Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 (4 nm) Octa Core Processor (3.19 GHz Cortex-X2 and 2.75 GHz tri-core Cortex-A710 and 1.80 GHz quad-core Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 730
- Memory: 12GB, 16GB RAM
- Colours: Moonstone Black, Jade Green, Genshin Impact
- Dimension: 163 x 75.4 x 8.8 mm
- Weight: 203.5 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.7 inches Fluid AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2412 pixels (~394 ppi density), 120Hz Refresh Rate, HDR10+, 500 nits (typ), 800 nits (HBM), 950 nits (peak) Brightness, ~87.9% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: Yes, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 50 MP (wide),f/1.8, PDAF, OIS + 8 MP (ultrawide), f/2.2, 120˚ FoV + 2 MP (macro), f/2.4 Triple Camera
- Rear Camera Features: Dual LED Flash, HDR, Panorama, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 16 MP (wide), f/2.4 Camera, HDR, 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 256GB, 512GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: CDMA 800
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: 5G Bands 1, 3, 5, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Wi-Fi 6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: GPS (L1+L5), GLONASS (L1), BDS (B1I+B1c+B2a), GALILEO (E1+E5a), QZSS (L1+L5)
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (under display, optical)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 4800 mAh Non removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 150W Fast Charging Capacity