Motorola Razr Plus (2023) is a flagship foldable smartphone with a Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 chipset, 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage, a 12-megapixel f/1.5 stabilized main camera, and 3,800-mAh battery with 5W wireless charging. It has a large 3.6-inch OLED outer display compare to Samsung’s Galaxy Z Flip 4 and a beautiful 6.9-inch internal display.
Where to Buy Moto Razr Plus
Motorola Razr Plus Key Specs and Features
- 6.9 inches Foldable LTPO AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2640 pixels (~413 ppi density), ~85.1% screen-to-body ratio
- 3.6-inches External AMOLED Display, 1056 x 1066 pixels (413 ppi)
- Android 13
- Qualcomm SM8475 Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 (4 nm) Octa Core Processor
- 8GB, 12GB RAM
- 12 MP (wide) + 13 MP (ultrawide) Dual Rear Camera
- 32 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side Mounted)
- 256GB, 512GB Built-in Storage
- 4G LTE Support
- 5G Support
- 30W Fast Charging Capacity
- 3800 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
The Razr+ has an elegant design similar to the Motorola Razr 40 Ultra (it is actually the same phone going by a different name for the United States market) and the likes of the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5, the Oppo Find N2 Flip, and the Vivo X Flip. When closed, the phone measures a pocket-friendly 3.48 by 2.91 inches by 0.59 inches, expanding to 6.73 by 2.91 by 0.28 inches when open.
The absence of any noticeable gap between the two halves demonstrates Motorola’s dedication to precision engineering. Unlike its rivals, such as the Galaxy Z Flip 4, the Razr+ maintains a seamless profile even under pressure.
Motorola Razr+ has a strong hinge design improved to bring the two halves closer together when folded and reducing the gap between them. The improved hinge of the Razr Plus introduces newfound flexibility by allowing users to position the phone at angles ranging from 45 to 130 degrees.
It has an external display, spanning 3.6 inches which also accommodates a dual-camera system, and a main 6.9-inch pOLED display that boasts a resolution of 2,640 by 1,080 pixels, a refresh rate of up to 165Hz, and a peak brightness of 1,400 nits. Both display is protected by the corning Gorilla Glass Victus glass panel with a matte finish, exuding a sense of premium durability.
On the left side, the phone has a SIM slot, while the right side accommodates two volume control keys and a combination power button/fingerprint sensor. The Motorola Razr Plus has array of color options including Infinite Black, Viva Magenta and Glacier Blue versions.
Motorola’s commitment to cutting-edge display technology is evident in the Razr Plus. The Razr Plus main display unfolds to an expansive 6.9-inch OLED panel. Boasting a resolution of 2,640 by 1,080 pixels, delivering a density of 413ppi, and supporting a refresh rate of up to 165Hz, the main display immerses users in breathtaking visuals.
The LTPO (Low-Temperature Polycrystalline Oxide) technology offers a dynamic refresh rate that adapts to the user’s activities, downshifting to as low as 1Hz during activities like reading ebooks to conserve battery life. It also has up to 1,400 nits of peak brightness, which ensures optimal visibility even under direct sunlight.
The outer 3.6-inch OLED screen with a resolution of 1,066 by 1,056 pixels (413ppi), ensures clarity and usability in a compact form. It is also equipped with a 144Hz refresh rate and covered by Gorilla Glass Victus. This display serves as a dynamic hub for notifications, quick access to apps, and engaging widgets.
The Razr Plus’s cover screen also comes with a 1:1 aspect ratio, hence, the display accommodates an array of tasks, from interacting with widgets to running various apps such as Chrome, Gmail, Instagram, and YouTube. The provision of a full on-screen keyboard further amplifies its practicality. Motorola’s innovation extends to its inclusion of Android navigation and a notification area, effectively utilizing space that might have otherwise been neglected.
The Motorola Razr Plus introduces a trio of cameras setup including a primary 12MP and 13MP ultrawide lenses, as well as its 32MP selfie shooter.
The 12MP primary camera has a that steals the spotlight. The results is very similar to the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4, showcasing natural colors and commendable details.
The external display houses a camera setup consisting of a 12MP main camera, with f/1.5 maximum aperture and optical image stabilization. This generous aperture ensures impressive depth of field and excels in low-light scenarios, delivering well-lit and sharp images even in challenging lighting conditions.
Additionally, there is a 13MP ultrawide camera with f/2.2 aperture providing a wide field of view of 108 degrees. It also serves as a macro camera, extends the Razr Plus’s versatility. In daylight, the ultrawide lens captures scenes with accuracy and fine detail, allowing users to encompass a wide field of view.
The main rear camera supports video capture up to 4K resolution at 60fps, while the wide camera allows up to 4K resolution at 30fps. The camera lenses protrude from the back of the device by about a millimeter.
On the inside, the Motorola Razr Plus boasts a potent 32MP selfie camera, encapsulated within a punch-hole design. This sensor shines, producing detailed and vibrant selfies that capture the essence of the subject. In certain scenarios, the selfie camera even outperforms the main rear camera, adding value to self-portrait enthusiasts.
Hardware and Software
Powering the Motorola Razr Plus is the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chipset, while not the latest Qualcomm offering, the Snapdragon 8+ delivers ample processing power for diverse user needs. This upgrade from the previous Razr, which housed a Snapdragon 765G, marks a significant leap in performance.
It is coupled with 8GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage, the Razr+ ensures smooth multitasking and sufficient space for applications, media, and files. However, it’s worth noting that expandable storage is not an option.
Additionally, the Razr Plus is integrated with 3,800mAh battery. Although a slightly larger battery would have been welcomed, the Razr+ compensates with efficient power management and offers users the convenience of 30W fast wired charging and 5W wireless charging.
Furthermore, the Motorola Razr Plus runs on Android 13 with Motorola’s custom software skin, the device combines the familiarity of Android with thoughtful optimizations. The intuitive layout, thoughtful gestures, and practical features result in a cohesive and user-friendly interface that adapts seamlessly to the foldable form factor.
Above all, this Motorola phone features a side-mounted fingerprint scanner for secure and quick access. The android phone also has AI face unlock, which provides an alternative way to unlock the phone. It also supports dual-SIM functionality, along with 5G, Wi-Fi 6e, Bluetooth 5.3, NFC, IR blaster, and a USB Type-C port.
Motorola Razr Plus Price and Availability
Motorola Razr Plus price starts at around $899 / ₹ 79,999. The Razr Plus price in Nigeria starts at around ₦1,120,000.
Motorola Razr Plus 2023 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Motorola Razr+ 2023:
- Platform: Android 13
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8475 Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 (4 nm) Octa Core Processor (3.19 GHz Cortex-X2 and 2.75 GHz tri-core Cortex-A710 and 1.80 GHz quad-core Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 730
- Memory: 8GB, 12GB RAM
- Colours: Infinite Black, Glacier Blue, Viva Magenta
- Dimension: Unfolded: 170.8 x 74 x 7 mm, Folded: 88.4 x 74 x 15.1 mm
- Weight: 184.5 g or 188.5 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.9 inches Foldable LTPO AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2640 pixels (~413 ppi density), ~85.1% screen-to-body ratio; 3.6-inches External AMOLED Display, 1056 x 1066 pixels (413 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: Yes
- Rear Camera: 12 MP (wide), f/1.5, PDAF, OIS + 13 MP (ultrawide), f/2.2, 108˚ FoV, Autofocus Dual Camera
- Rear Camera Features: LED Flash, Panorama, HDR, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, HDR10+, gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 32 MP (wide), f/2.4 Camera, HDR, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60fps
- Built-in Storage: 256GB, 512GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: CDMA 800 / 1900
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 32, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 48, 66 – International
- 5G: 5G Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 41, 66, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA/Sub6 – International
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, Wi-Fi 6, dual-band or tri-band
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 5.3, A2DP, EDR, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: –
- Navigation: Yes, GPS (L1+L5), GLONASS (L1), BDS (B1I+B1c+B2a), GALILEO (E1+E5a), QZSS (L1+L5)
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (side mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes, 5W Wireless Charging Capacity
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 3800 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 30W Fast Charging Capacity