Feel like buying takeaway food? Jumia Food (previously Hellofood) is a food delivery service that gives you access to dozens of restaurants in your city in Nigeria and a couple of other African countries. Just visit Jumia Food, choose your favourite restaurant, pick the food or snack and/or beverage you want, make your order and have it delivered to your home or office in minutes.
Want to Buy Food Stuff & Groceries Online? Click Here
Yummy Meals at your Fingertips
Over a hundred restaurants are available on Jumia Food. You can order food from any of the restaurants or even multiple restaurants.
All restaurants offer payment on delivery, so you can pay only when the food is delivered. However, for now all the restaurants are located in Lagos, Abuja, Ibadan, and Port Harcourt.
Delivery time for the food ranges from 20 minutes to 60 minutes depending on the restaurant. You can find the average food delivery time for each restaurant at the Jumia Food website.
It is always a good idea to order your food well ahead of time to account for the delivery time. For example, if you are ordering lunch from the office make your order at least one hour before lunch time.
Jumia Food offers lots of Option
Jumia Food offers lots of choice for your lunch. You can order Chinese, Italian, Thai, Continental, and Nigerian Food as well many more.
You also have lots of restaurants to choose from. No matter how far away, the restaurant is from your home or office; you can now conveniently order your favourite meals.
Want to order takeout? Point your browser to Jumia Food website and have it delivered in no time.
How to Order Food on Jumia Food
1. Download the Jumia Food App or Visit the Website: Visit the website of the food delivery service in your country and choose your city. You can also download the Jumia Food app available on Android and iOS.
2. Select your Location: Choose your city, since all restaurants do not deliver to every location in the cities. On selecting your area, Jumia Food will display a list of restaurants that deliver food to your area. This process may be automatic via the App.
3. Select a Restaurant: Choose your favourite restaurant from the list of valid restaurants.
4. Select your Meal: Browse through the menu of the restaurant of your choice to select the food and/or drinks you want.
5. Place your order: Place your order. You will not be required to pay online. You can choose to pay online or upon delivery. Just complete your order, you will pay when you receive the food.
Jumia Food is operational in 11 African countries namely: Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Ivory Coast, Morocco, Egypt, Algeria, Uganda, Tanzania, Senegal, and Rwanda. Learn More
This article was first written for HelloFood in 2013, but was edited in July 2016 to reflect the brand change to Jumia Food in Africa. The edit also listed countries in Africa where the service is available and updated the list of cities in Nigeria where Food delivery is available. Edited in 2020 to include instructions on how to Order.