iPhone 5S follows on Apple’s tradition of launching an incremental iPhone one year after every major launch. However, the iPhone 5S is more than just an increment on the iPhone 5. It is to some extent revolutionary as it marks the emergence of more secure fingerprint log-ins on our smart phones, something you should expect other smartphone vendors to start emulating in coming months. The iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro Max and iPhone 12 Pro Max are the latest models of the iPhone.
Where to Buy an iPhone
The fingerprint scanner feature called Touch ID is perhaps the most talked about feature on the new iPhone 5S. The fingerprint scanner is built into the Home button. You simply touch the Home button to unlock your iPhone 5S, making it almost impossible for another person to unlock your iPhone. The Touch ID can also be used for easy and fast Apps purchases.
You may also consider iPhone 6S.
Your fingerprint is encrypted and securely stored on your phone and will not be accessible to apps or Apple’s servers or iCloud. This new feature takes securing your phone to a new level. As IT security expects continue to harp about the vulnerability of passwords, fingerprint biometric security is bound to increase in popularity, Apple is already ensuring it gets a share of the big pie with the iPhone 5S.
Fingerprint biometric security is not all that the iPhone 5S offers. It will be coming with new and more powerful Apple A7 processor with 64-bit architecture. According to Apple, the iPhone 5S will be twice as fast as the iPhone 5 with graphics 5 times faster.
Like the iPhone 5, the iPhone 5S features a 4.0-inch Retina display with an aluminum body available in three colours: gold, silver, or space gray. It comes in a sleeker design, though slightly taller. iPhone 5S price starts at $199 on two-year contract or 549 GBP (around 132,000 Naira) for unlocked models. iPhone 5S Price starts at around 119,500 Naira in Nigeria.
iPhone 5S Highlights
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- Operating System: iOS 7
- Processor: Apple A7 Processor with 64-bit architecture
- Security: Fingerprint Scanner (Touch ID)
- Display: 4.0-inch Retina Display (1136 x 640 pixels, 326 ppi)
- Rear Camera: 8 MP iSight Camera with BSI sensor, 1080p HD video
- Front Camera: 1.2 MP FaceTime Camera with BSI sensor, 720p HD video
- Built-in Storage: 16 GB, 32 GB, or 64 GB
- Internet: 4G LTE, HSPA+, GPRS/EDGE, CDMA, EV-DO Rev. A and B, Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0
- Intelligent Assistant: Siri
- Battery Life: 10 hours browsing on 4G LTE
- Availabe Apps: over 900,000 Apps
- Colours: Gold, Silver, or Space Gray
- Weight: 112 g
- Dimensions: 123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6 mm
- Pricing (with 2-year contract): $199 (16GB), $299 (32GB), $399 (64GB)
- Connector: Lightning
More on iPhone
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPad Pro (2017)
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6S
- Apple iPhone Prices in Nigeria
- iPhone 6S Plus
- iPhone 5S
- JUmia Apple Store
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Price in Nigeria
- Best Apple iPhone Smartphone
- iPhone Prices in Nigeria
- iPhone 4S Features
- iPhone 5 Launches September 12th
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus Unveiled by Apple
- Apple iPhone 3G