Announced at Apple’s annual launch event in San Francisco 9th September 2015, the iPhone 6S was an improved version of the American tech company’s flagship smartphone. The iPhone 6S comes with 3D Touch – a variation of the Force Touch technology used on the Huawei Mate S – as well as upgraded cameras, faster processor and long battery life. The iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max are the 2018 iteration of the iPhone.
iPhone 6S Key Specs & Features
- 4.7-inch IPS Touch Display, 750 x 1334 pixels (326 ppi)
- Apple A9 Chipset with 2GB RAM
- iOS 10, upgradeable to iOS 12
- 16GB, 32GB (added later), 64GB, or 128GB Built-in Storage
- 12MP Rear Camera and 5MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE (up to 150 Mbps download)
- Fingerprint Sensor (Front)
- 1810 mAh Li-ion Battery
Design and Display
Apple iPhone 6S looks a lot like its predecessor from last year (2014). Its construction features what its maker calls ‘7000 Series aluminium’ – the same top-grade alloy that is used in the aerospace industry.
The smartphone now comes with a rose gold finish in addition to existing gold, silver and space gray offerings.
iPhone 6S sports the same 4.7-inch Retina HD display seen on the iPhone 6. The touchscreen is protected by a glass which is described by Apple as the ‘strongest’ and ‘most durable’ to be used on any phone.
The iPhone 6S brings along new-generation multi-touch technology called 3D Touch.
This pressure-sensitive system is able to detect how hard you press the screen to enable you do a variety of tasks, including viewing a photo, web page or other content, taking a selfie or accessing your favourite apps, quicker and easier.
Apple has worked on the camera on the latest edition. The company provides a 12-megapixel camera on the iPhone 6S – a break from the 8-megapixel sensor that was used on earlier-generation iPhones.
The shooter can record stunning 4K videos. Users also get a 5-megapixel Facetime HD camera with Retina Flash for superb selfies.
There is a new Live Photos feature which enable you capture moments in motion by taking snapshots of moments immediately before and after a captured image.
iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus offers improvements in the camera.
Performance and Other Features
The iPhone 6S is configured to deliver more robust performance with a custom-designed A9 chip that is said to provide up to 70 percent faster processing speeds.
iPhone 6S runs on the iOS 9 operating system which brings along a number of enhancements, including an upgraded Siri and longer battery life with a new Low Power Mode.
The phone features an improved Touch ID fingerprint scanner that delivers faster response.
It comes with LTE Advanced support for twice as fast data speeds. Apple iPhone 6S also boasts faster Wi-Fi capability.
iPhone 6S Price & Availability
iPhone 6S launched initially in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Singapore and the United Kingdom on September 25, and was launched in over 130 countries by the end of the year.
The initial iPhone 6S price was $749, $849, and $949 for the 16GB, 64GB or 128GB models respectively. You can now buy the iPhone 6S for as low as $199 on Amazon, Click Here.
iPhone 6S is also available at leading online stores in Nigeria and Kenya. You can buy the premium smartphone from leading online stores in the countries.
iPhone 6S Price in Nigeria ranges from 85,000 Naira to 250,000 Naira, depending on your location and built-in storage. Price in Kenya starts at 29,499 KSh.
Apple iPhone 6S Specs
Here are a few specs of the Apple iPhone 6S:
- Platform: iOS 9, upgradeable to iOS 12
- Processor: Apple A9
- GPU: PowerVR GT7600
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Colours: Space Gray, Silver, Gold, Rose Gold
- Dimension: 138.3 x 67.1 x 7.1 mm
- Weight: 143 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM
- Display: 4.7-inch IPS Touch Display, 750 x 1334 pixels (326 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Ion-strengthened glass, oleophobic coating
- Rear Camera: 12MP Camera, 2160P HD Video
- Rear Camera Features: phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash, Geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 8MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR (photo/panorama)
- Front Camera: 5MP Camera, 1080P HD Video
- Built-in Storage: 16GB, 32GB (added later), 64GB, or 128GB
- Memory Card Support: –
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 4.1, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes, (Apply Pay only)
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes USB 2.0, Reversible Connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Maps: Apple Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: No
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes
- Iris Scanner: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: No
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 1810 mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: up to 14 hours (3G)
- Standby Time: up to 240 hours (3G)